PDA

View Full Version : Rare treat...

Tragg
08-16-2001, 12:05 AM
Fox gave us the Ranger broadcast instead of the usual Astros fare, although I couldn't watch until the 7th.
Good announcers - gave the Sox their due - talked a lot, during the last inning or so, that the Sox getting to .500 hanging within 7.5 games, etc.

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 12:14 AM
Consider yourself lucky not to have seen that Astros game. Lieber just shut them down tonight. Either that or they decided to play a little corpseball.

Tragg
08-16-2001, 12:18 AM
I went on record a month ago that the cubs will win that division.
Hope I'm wrong, but they have the better pitching and the Astros offense suffers from the Sox affliction - they don't get on base enough.

i'm rooting like hell that i'm wrong.

Bmr31
08-16-2001, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Consider yourself lucky not to have seen that Astros game. Lieber just shut them down tonight. Either that or they decided to play a little corpseball.

Lieber has turned himself into an excellent pitcher.....

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Lieber has turned himself into an excellent pitcher.....

Oh no doubt he is good, I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't. I was just saying you would think at Enron they could get more then one run off him.

Bmr31
08-16-2001, 12:29 AM

Oh no doubt he is good, I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't. I was just saying you would think at Enron they could get more then one run off him.

True, but i just watched the highlights and his slider looked unhittable tonight.

Jerry_Manuel
08-16-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
True, but i just watched the highlights and his slider looked unhittable tonight.

:ass
See I told you Cubs are going to the Series!

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2001, 12:31 AM
Well, it appears that the Astros lack the huevos to do anything. The Cards are playing well, maybe they can. Heck, that would be more fun anyway, as Flubbie fans don't get more upset by anything than losing to the Cards.

Bmr31
08-16-2001, 12:31 AM

:ass
See I told you Cubs are going to the Series!

only if you discover 4 lieber clones before october :)

voodoochile
08-16-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Well, it appears that the Astros lack the huevos to do anything. The Cards are playing well, maybe they can. Heck, that would be more fun anyway, as Flubbie fans don't get more upset by anything than losing to the Cards.

That's my pick, Nelly...

I just think they have an amazing offense when they are healthy and they aren't reliant on having a band box stadium to do damage. Besides, I gots to root for Tony...