View Full Version : **Official**Today's game (3/21) vs. Seattle

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 03:25 PM
After 2 innings:

White Sox 4
Seattle 0

MetalliSox
03-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Is it Seattle or Anahiem? MLB and AOL say Anahiem and I can't get the audio feed to work for some reason.

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 03:35 PM
Middle of the 4th
Sox 5 Angels 0
Don't have much detail. Stewart pitching for sox.

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Is it Seattle or Anahiem? MLB and AOL say Anahiem and I can't get the audio feed to work for some reason.

Oops you are right. Yahoo (my default page) says Seattle, but it is hosed up and not giving a score. I got the score from CNNSi, and it lists Anaheim. I just forgot that when I started the thread.

As the kids today say, "My bad!"

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Angel's 4th (Home)
grounout
Wooten-Infield popout
Fulmer-Hit by pitch
Molina- double by Crede, Molina tagged out at plate on a good play.
5-0 Sox
Stewart--Has given up 4 hits and no runs

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Sox 5th
Borchard-Pop up
Crede-Line single Second hit in the game
Rowand- Walk
Alomar-fly out
Harris-pop out
No runs

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:08 PM
Sox 6th F. Rodriguez pitching
Graffinino-single 3 for 3
Rios-strike out
Konerko-Strike out
Daubach-ground out
no runs
Sox 5-0

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:12 PM
Angel's 6th Glover pitching
groundout
Thiggins-groundout
Wooten-pop up
Sox 5-0

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Top of 7
Borchard-strikeout
Crede-groundout Crede is 2 for 3 with 3 sparkling defensive plays
Rowand-strikeout
Sox 5-0

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Angel's 7 David Sanders pitching
Fulmer-groundout
Molina-out (didn't hear how)
Amezica?-hit by pitch
Durington-infield hit
Owens-safe on error by new 3rd baseman Burke
Bags loaded
Salmon-strikeout on 2-2 pitch
Sox 5-0

Nixey 02
03-21-2003, 04:31 PM
stranded at work (as usual) on a Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the updates, Guz! :smile:

bc2k
03-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Anyone know the line of Stewart?

DrCrawdad
03-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Yahoo doesn't list the Sox/Angels score. And ESPN said it was tied at 5-5.

Glad to hear that Stewart pitched well.

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Sox 8th Doug Nichol pitching
Paul-Hit by pitch
Harris-flyout
Graffinino-fielders choice
Rios-popout
Sox 5-0

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Looks like things are falling into place nicely this game too. I don't know about all of you, but I think this Sox team is going to be very very good this year.

hold2dibber
03-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

ESPN now says its Seattle (?) 7, Sox 5 in the 9th (?).

DrCrawdad
03-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Porzio vs. Julio Ramirez?

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Yahoo has a problem right now. They had been listing the Mariners as the opponent and never gave a score. Now they have removed even that incorrect matchup.

pudge
03-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
Looks like things are falling into place nicely this game too. I don't know about all of you, but I think this Sox team is going to be very very good this year.

It's spring training, my friend. It don't mean jack.

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Angel's 8th Porzio pitching
Ramirez-pop fly to Harris at second
Thiggens-fly out to Borchard in Right
Wooten-ground out to second
Sox 5-0

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
ESPN now says its Seattle (?) 7, Sox 5 in the 9th (?).

ESPN's messed up now too, unless it is a split squad game. MLB radio is covering it and it is defnitely Sox vs. Angels and it is 5-0 in the ninth.

bc2k
03-21-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pudge

Sure it does. This is the best Spring Training we've had since 2000. Coincidence? No.

Spring Training is not the time to analyze every stat to predict regular season success, but I think the overall play of the team is a fairly accurate predictor.

hold2dibber
03-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Sure it does. This is the best Spring Training we've had since 2000? Coincidence? No.

Spring Training is not the time to analyze every stat to predict regular season success, but I think the overall play of the team is a fairly accurate predictor.

The best thing about today's game is the performance of Stewart. I think his ERA is under 3.00 for the spring now. It's not a big sample size and its not against major leaguers at all times, but all things considered, he's been damn impressive. With Rauch's struggles and Wright's injury, I'm thrilled that both Loaiza and Stewart have pitched so well. Nice to have some depth - hopefully they can keep it up once the season starts.

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 04:55 PM
Sox 9th Troy Purcifal(sic) pitching
Konerko-caught looking
Miles-groundout to short
Borchard-line double over the leftfielders head
passed ball- Borchard to 3rd
Jamie Burke-pop out
Middle of 9 Sox 5-0

SpringfldFan
03-21-2003, 04:56 PM

I wouldn't quite say that. I remember things falling into place in 2000 spring training as the sox hitters found their comfort zone the last 2 weeks of S.T. and carried it into April. On the other side, last year the pitchers seemed unready, even considering the light air. The numbers were better in the regular season, but the pitching was still the liablility. I just get the feeling things are pretty well set right now. The guys who we need to step up have done so and everyone seems comfortable and ready to go. And, Wright aside, everyone is healthy! The S.T. record don't mean jack, but I am happy with what I am seeing as a whole.

Hangar18
03-21-2003, 05:03 PM
say,,,,if this 5-0 score holds up...how many shutouts do the sox have this spring. Is this a Good Sign for the season? I would think it would be. GO SOX.....

MikeKreevich
03-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Angel's 9th Billy Koch pitching
Fulmer-double down the right field line
Neives-walk on 4 pitches
Jeff Devanin-swinging strikeout
Durington-around the horn doubleplay
Sox win 5-0

ode to veeck
03-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Sure it does. This is the best Spring Training we've had since 2000. Coincidence? No.

and we had the #1 offense in the AL in almost every category going into month two of 2002 season ... so what

Unregistered
03-21-2003, 05:20 PM
ESPN's messed up now too, unless it is a split squad game. MLB radio is covering it and it is defnitely Sox vs. Angels and it is 5-0 in the ninth. OK, now ESPN is pissing me off. This is the second time in the last 3 games that them messing up a score gives us a loss in the standings. they have us as 13-10 (instead of 15-8) after today's ''loss''. Meanwhile, the Anaheim/Oakland game ended 7-5 and they have that as a 5-0 game (obviously mizing up the scores). Why bother keeping score when you're just going to keep screwing it up? I know the White Sox are not the Red Sox or those Loveable Cubbies, but some of us like to know the REAL scores/records, just the same... :angry:

EDIT: I know, I know...it's only spring training. But STILL...

MetalliSox
03-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Angel's 9th Billy Koch pitching
Fulmer-double down the right field line
Neives-walk on 4 pitches
Jeff Devanin-swinging strikeout
Durington-around the horn doubleplay
Sox win 5-0

Oh boy. How many ulcers is Koch gonna cause this year?

czalgosz
03-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Oh boy. How many ulcers is Koch gonna cause this year?

He had a lot of "heart attack" games for Oakland last year, but to be fair, Keith Foulke had a lot for the Sox, as well.

hose
03-21-2003, 06:47 PM

I never thought the Sox would be getting such great pitched games like they are down in Arizona.

Usually pitchers get destroyed in the desert, I wonder if the weather has been cold or something?

I seen Randy Johnson get lit up at Hi Corbett last year. Even one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball gets humbled now and then by the desert during ST.

Bmr31
03-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
He had a lot of "heart attack" games for Oakland last year, but to be fair, Keith Foulke had a lot for the Sox, as well.

Yeah, I think youll find that with most closers. Those guys have a difficult job. Theyre usually just thrown into a fire.

pudge
03-21-2003, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't quite say that. I remember things falling into place in 2000 spring training as the sox hitters found their comfort zone the last 2 weeks of S.T. and carried it into April. On the other side, last year the pitchers seemed unready, even considering the light air. The numbers were better in the regular season, but the pitching was still the liablility. I just get the feeling things are pretty well set right now. The guys who we need to step up have done so and everyone seems comfortable and ready to go. And, Wright aside, everyone is healthy! The S.T. record don't mean jack, but I am happy with what I am seeing as a whole.

I admit I'm happy to see them doing well right now, but think about what happened last year - our hitters were hot in spring training, and they carried it over into a GREAT April. Despite the horrible ERA last year in Spring Training, once the season started the pitchers were fine. Point being, things can change fast. What's happening now has nothing to do with what may or may not be happening in July or August or September. Just look at 2000 - a great regular season did nothing but lead to a 3-game sweep because our pitchers were out of gas.

hold2dibber
03-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

True, but Koch has, historically, given up many more baserunners than Foulke has. He will have us all crappin' our pants on a regular basis.

doublem23
03-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

The Yankees only won 9 Spring Training games in 2001. That team sure sucked, didn't it? While its nice to see the team playing well, Spring Training means about as much as the brand of fertilizer used for the outfield gras.

TheBigHurt
03-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
The Yankees only won 9 Spring Training games in 2001. That team sure sucked, didn't it? While its nice to see the team playing well, Spring Training means about as much as the brand of fertilizer used for the outfield gras.

Well, lol, the Yankmees sucking is them not winning the world series

bc2k
03-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Point being, things can change fast. What's happening now has nothing to do with what may or may not be happening in July or August or September. Just look at 2000 - a great regular season did nothing but lead to a 3-game sweep because our pitchers were out of gas.

I agree with you that things can change fast and nothing is guaranteed. I am making a broad generalization, not saying this is the most accurate way to judge a team, but definately an important key to consider.

Originally posted by doublem23

Who said anything about team wins? You're confusing wins with good team play.