PDA

View Full Version : Sox News in TSN

Lip Man 1
03-21-2003, 12:46 AM
Lot's of Sox news this week in The Sporting News. I've posted it for your consideration and discussion...

From Ken Rosenthal's Insider Column:

"The aborted protest of the new MLB steriods policy by 16 White Sox players demonstrated that the union's rank and file is capable of independent thought, if only briefly. But by pressuring youngsters to join their cause, Sox veterans got a sharp rebuke from catcher Sandy Alomar Jr. and opened another rift in a frequently divided clubhouse. The Twins remain more cohesive..."

also from Rosenthal..."The White Sox remain deep in young pitchers, but the Indians' prospects are coming in waves. It is entirely reasonable to assume that the tribe will return to contention by 2005."

The "hot prospect" section mentions that Joe Crede is considered a future All Star and could hit 25 to 30 home runs this season

In the "fantasy source" section it lists Mags Ordonez as the 5th best outfielder behind Guerrero, Bonds, Pujois and Sosa. he was the only Sox outfielder making the top 30 list.

Lip

Fridaythe13thJason
03-21-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

"The aborted protest of the new MLB steriods policy by 16 White Sox players demonstrated that the union's rank and file is capable of independent thought, if only briefly. But by pressuring youngsters to join their cause, Sox veterans got a sharp rebuke from catcher Sandy Alomar Jr. and opened another rift in a frequently divided clubhouse. The Twins remain more cohesive..."

The "hot prospect" section mentions that Joe Crede is considered a future All Star and could hit 25 to 30 home runs this season

Lip

Where is this frequently divided clubhouse? I certainly haven't noticed it. If this is in relation to last year, maybe we should judge all teams by who they were last year at the start of the season. That makes the Angels awful. Good reasoning.

Wow the news on Crede certainly is insightful by Ken. He's only a 26 time all-star in the minors and the White Sox top prospect for years. I wish these so-called reporters would report something interesting and shocking every now and then.

GASHWOUND
03-21-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Where is this frequently divided clubhouse? I certainly haven't noticed it. If this is in relation to last year, maybe we should judge all teams by who they were last year at the start of the season. That makes the Angels awful. Good reasoning.

Wow the news on Crede certainly is insightful by Ken. He's only a 26 time all-star in the minors and the White Sox top prospect for years. I wish these so-called reporters would report something interesting and shocking every now and then.

I agree, where is this frequently divided clubhouse? The only "cancer" is Frank, everybody else are great guys and haven't caused any trouble. Sheesh, Frank is giving the entire team a bad name..

thecell
03-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I agree, where is this frequently divided clubhouse? The only "cancer" is Frank, everybody else are great guys and haven't caused any trouble. Sheesh, Frank is giving the entire team a bad name..

That's not even entirely true. Frank hasn't been negative at all after the on set of spring training. The media has it out for him and will not report anything positive. The only thing he has done this spring is bat close to .400.

hold2dibber
03-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by thecell
The only thing he has done this spring is bat close to .400.

And crush three tape-measure HRs.

voodoochile
03-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

*****!

Maybe if you anti-Frank fans keep saying it often enough, you will make yourselves believe it is true...