PDA

View Full Version : Will the PTC game be starting on

JUGGERNAUT
03-20-2003, 10:10 AM
March 31st?

To play do we just go to the PTC forum & post a reply to a thread for that day?

Thanks

moochpuppy
03-20-2003, 10:28 AM
That's all you've got to do. Your pick will be counted and there is a running score board for the leaders during the season.

voodoochile
03-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Just FYI, the rules for selecting the PTC winner have been modified. If people are looking to play this year, they should re-read the PTC Primer (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/MainPages/PTCprimer.htm) and familiarize themselves with the rules. That way the judge can cut back on all the angry responses when they follow those modified rules - no, I am not that judge...

moochpuppy
03-20-2003, 12:14 PM
What is.....

near-shutout ball

One run? Two runs?

JUGGERNAUT
03-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Could you maybe provide an example to better illustrate the process?

For ex. pretend that you are about to name a PTC for game in which Colon is pitching against KC at home.

What questions would you ask yourself in determining :
1) pitcher or pos player
2) starter or reliever

If I understand the backup pick correctly, I can still pick a pitcher or pos player but I can also pick a bench player as the backup pick. Can I pick a reliever as a backup pick?

So in theory I can have 2 picks per game?

moochpuppy
03-20-2003, 03:18 PM
If I remember correctly your second choice goes into effect only if your first choice is inactive for the game.

voodoochile
03-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
What is.....

near-shutout ball

One run? Two runs?

Yes. :D:

Originally posted by espnjohn1
Could you maybe provide an example to better illustrate the process?

For ex. pretend that you are about to name a PTC for game in which Colon is pitching against KC at home.

What questions would you ask yourself in determining :
1) pitcher or pos player
2) starter or reliever

If I understand the backup pick correctly, I can still pick a pitcher or pos player but I can also pick a bench player as the backup pick. Can I pick a reliever as a backup pick?

So in theory I can have 2 picks per game?

You can pick whoever (any player) you want for whatever you want (PTC OR Backup PTC), but only one of them can actually BE your pick in a game and Backup picks must be submitted before the game starts just like your primary PTC. Your backup pick doesn't become your pick unless the player you picked as your primary pick doesn't appear in the game at all.

The only hints I am willing to give are already contained in the PTC primer and they are pretty detailed if you read carefully. I am NOT the judge and I don't play. The regular posters should feel free to discuss the other aspects amongst themselves as they desire.

One final thing. The following is posted at the bottom of the PTC Primer page please take it to heart:

This list is not intended to be a complete list of criteria and is subject to change.

For simple, straight-forward advice, consider this:
"Small unmarked bills"

Remember--we're talking about a case of Hamm's here. Lighten up!
For Entertainment Purposes Only!

hold2dibber
03-20-2003, 04:53 PM
I don't understand why any of you are concerned about the specifics of the game or the rules, since I'm fixin' to win anyway, regardles of what you do. So there's no need to get too uptight about the whole thing. :D:

TheBigHurt
03-20-2003, 05:17 PM
whens the a ahh preseason predictions thing going to be ready?

voodoochile
03-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
whens the a ahh preseason predictions thing going to be ready?

May 1st...

Soon. Like I said before and Daver reiterated recently, be patient. It's coming...

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I since I'm fixin' to win anyway, regardles of what you do. So there's no need to get too uptight about the whole thing. :D:

wouldnt be so sure. i, like the sox, finished second last year and am going to first place this year. :)

Daver
03-20-2003, 09:26 PM
For simple, straight-forward advice, consider this"small unmarked bills"

Now that is some good advice.

:)

TheBigHurt
03-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
May 1st...

Soon. Like I said before and Daver reiterated recently, be patient. It's coming...

ok sorry voodoo........... this isnt the 1st time ive been told i must be more patient today

moochpuppy
03-21-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
ok sorry voodoo........... this isnt the 1st time ive been told i must be more patient today

Any longer we'll be making post-season predictions. :o: :D:

ode to veeck
03-21-2003, 03:43 PM
That way the judge can cut back on all the angry responses when they follow those modified rules - no, I am not that judge...

regardless of whatever the ptc primer now (or will ever) says, I reserve the right to second guess, whine, complain, give s__ to the PTC judge on his choices, also while i'm at it, this also includes the active verbs, "unfairly influence", "bribe", "maim", make fun of his Hamms, and several others I can't think of at the moment

... otherwise, what fun is it!?!?

ode to veeck
03-21-2003, 03:56 PM
OK now that I read it, I'll start by whining about the primer. Should've left out all the stupid situational rules by role players etc. Its a lot easier if its KISS (keep it simple stupid) and PTC is understood as purely subjective judgement of the PTC judge as to which player made the key impact for the Sox on the game, period. Putting all the rules/guidelines in just leaves the PTC judge open to 10-20 more specifc angles for whiners and chimers, when it should just be the plain and simple judgement of the PTC judge Period.

Of course, if you have nothing better to do with bags full of small unmarked billls (since beer at the ballpark costs more than that these days ....)

ode to veeck
03-21-2003, 03:58 PM

who's coming, Godot? :redneck

Daver
03-21-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
OK now that I read it, I'll start by whining about the primer. Should've left out all the stupid situational rules by role players etc. Its a lot easier if its KISS (keep it simple stupid) and PTC is understood as purely subjective judgement of the PTC judge as to which player made the key impact for the Sox on the game, period. Putting all the rules/guidelines in just leaves the PTC judge open to 10-20 more specifc angles for whiners and chimers, when it should just be the plain and simple judgement of the PTC judge Period.

Of course, if you have nothing better to do with bags full of small unmarked billls (since beer at the ballpark costs more than that these days ....)

It still is the judgement of the PTC judge,this is just a guide to the parameters of how the process works.

The judge still accepts small unmarked bills though......