PDA

View Full Version : Rauch & Heredia Sent Down

DrCrawdad
03-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Cubune reports that Rauch and Heredia were sent packing for the AAA grounds.

MarkEdward
03-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Cubune reports that Rauch and Heredia were sent packing for the AAA grounds.

I would have liked to see Rauch get the fifth spot, but overall I'm happy with Loazia. I'm glad that Heredia didn't make the team.

Jjav829
03-20-2003, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure what their plans are with Rauch but I wanted to see him go down to the minors to get his work in since we weren't going to be using a 5th starter much early on. Of course with the way Loaiza is pitching, and if Wright is healthy, theres a chance he might not be called up when we start seeing a 5th starter consistently. Heredia should retire.

OfficerKarkovice
03-20-2003, 12:17 AM
I loved the Loazia signing when it happened and it looks 100% better right now. KW deserves huge props for this signing. I don't care what anybody can say about his Ritchie deal and Clayton signing, etc. in the past, KW has made some fantastic moves recently. Loazia is turning out great, Daubach has been killing the ball for damn near rookie salary, Rios has looked pretty good, Koch has been great, and Colon is not even throwing his best stuff and mowing guys down. KW deserves major credit for his offseason work.

hose
03-20-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I loved the Loazia signing when it happened and it looks 100% better right now. KW deserves huge props for this signing. I don't care what anybody can say about his Ritchie deal and Clayton signing, etc. in the past, KW has made some fantastic moves recently. Loazia is turning out great, Daubach has been killing the ball for damn near rookie salary, Rios has looked pretty good, Koch has been great, and Colon is not even throwing his best stuff and mowing guys down. KW deserves major credit for his offseason work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/photo?slug=1048118428rockies_white_sox_xtc101&prov=ap

Loazia has been lights out. Kelly Wunsch's string of 17 consecutive outs was broken yesterday he gave up a hit and a hit batter, but still got out of the inning with no runs scored.

hose
03-20-2003, 02:50 AM
MLB/Yahoo slide show.
See Royce striking out slide#32 :D:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/slideshow

duke of dorwood
03-20-2003, 09:50 AM
As fifth starter Wright will have time to rest that arm with the limited work. Barring a medical decision, the top 5 appears now set. I cant figure out the Rauch thing right now.

hold2dibber
03-20-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
As fifth starter Wright will have time to rest that arm with the limited work. Barring a medical decision, the top 5 appears now set. I cant figure out the Rauch thing right now.

Agreed. However, if Wright has a set back then I think Stewart probably gets the nod over Rauch for the time being. I'd like to see Rauch in AAA getting his command and confidence together. Before the year is up, the Sox are going to need a solid contribution from him (and/or Stewart).

Lip Man 1
03-20-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure what there is to figure out about Rauch.

He pitched very poorly this spring, missing on his location and control.

Mentally from the accounts I've read he seems a wreck, fighting himself and pressing.

He needed to go down and as I believe, put together a solid complete season in Charlotte.

Maybe next year. (Then again maybe not...)

Lip

hold2dibber
03-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

He pitched very poorly this spring, missing on his location and control.

Mentally from the accounts I've read he seems a wreck, fighting himself and pressing.

He needed to go down and as I believe, put together a solid complete season in Charlotte.

Maybe next year. (Then again maybe not...)

Lip

I completely agree that Charlotte is the right place for him to start the year. However, I fail to see why he necessarily should spend the entire year there. If he has his location and his confidence back in May and is mowing 'em down in Charlotte, I wouldn't hesitate to plug him in if one of our starters gets hurt or can't get anyone out. He had those attributes going for him at the end of last season in Charlotte and then came up for 2 September starts and was dominant. No reason he can't do it again (assuming he's healthy).

Stewart also seems like a reasonable candidate to fill that role.

Still, I'd like to have signed Rogers.

Randar68
03-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I completely agree that Charlotte is the right place for him to start the year. However, I fail to see why he necessarily should spend the entire year there. If he has his location and his confidence back in May and is mowing 'em down in Charlotte, I wouldn't hesitate to plug him in if one of our starters gets hurt or can't get anyone out. He had those attributes going for him at the end of last season in Charlotte and then came up for 2 September starts and was dominant. No reason he can't do it again (assuming he's healthy).

Stewart also seems like a reasonable candidate to fill that role.

Still, I'd like to have signed Rogers.

Don't worry, and don't try to reason with him. In Lip's world, the only reality is the worst case scenario....

I really do miss that old "Ignore" feature on the old ESPN boards.

idseer
03-20-2003, 12:10 PM
i am very happy he's going down. his short career so far has been nothing but one interruption after another. he needs to prove to himself he can reliably get thru a whole season.
i still have the highest of hopes for rauch, but i can wait another 2 years, which is about what i think he needs.

maurice
03-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

As a wise man once said, "I respect your point of view. You had your say, you don't need to keep beating it to death."

:)

voodoochile
03-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Don't worry, and don't try to reason with him. In Lip's world, the only reality is the worst case scenario....

If you are serious, there is a way to ignore a poster here at WSI also. Merely click on their user name and go to their profile. It is at the bottom of the profile section. It is fairly small, so you have to look closely, but it is there.

czalgosz
03-20-2003, 12:15 PM
That's a little surprising - I thought that they would be the last ones sent down. I realize they don't have it, but what's the backup plan if Wright is really hurt? Will it be *shudder* Gary Glover? Is Farmer right (for once) and they're thinking about giving Tom Gordon a shot?

I must say, the options don't look great. I really hope Wright is okay.

maurice
03-20-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
what's the backup plan if Wright is really hurt?

Stewart in the short term (April / May). Rauch in the long term.

czalgosz
03-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Stewart in the short term (April / May). Rauch in the long term.

Stewart had a nice year last year at Birmingham, but I would hate to have him miss development time to be a stopgap.

kermittheefrog
03-20-2003, 01:33 PM

I think Lip was actually being pretty reasonable there. Right now Rauch is either injured or his mechanics are a wreck. I wouldn't have confidence in him pitching in the majors. Hopefully he can fix whatever is wrong, have a great half season in AAA and join the team later in the season.

pudge
03-20-2003, 01:59 PM

Tough words from someone who had Rauch as our #3 by the end of the year. I guess there's still a chance, we shall see. I still hope he gets his act together.

DrCrawdad
03-20-2003, 02:00 PM
I read today about how Rauch was furious about being demoted. Well buddy, it's because of your stinking lousy spring training performance. Go and prove it in AAA for a while and you'll be back. I like the intensity, if you can use it on the field.

Big guy, go kick some @#% in AAA and get back to me.

Iwritecode
03-20-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I read today about how Rauch was furious about being demoted. Well buddy, it's because of your stinking lousy spring training performance. Go and prove it in AAA for a while and you'll be back. I like the intensity, if you can use it on the field.

Big guy, go kick some @#% in AAA and get back to me.

2 questions:

Where did you read this?

Was he furious with himself for performing so badly or at management for sending him down?

From what I've read about Rauch, it seems to me that he's been quite upset with himself lately and said he can't blame anyone else for his struggles. He doesn't seem like the type that would be upset at management for this.

kermittheefrog
03-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
2 questions:

Where did you read this?

Was he furious with himself for performing so badly or at management for sending him down?

From what I've read about Rauch, it seems to me that he's been quite upset with himself lately and said he can't blame anyone else for his struggles. He doesn't seem like the type that would be upset at management for this.

When I saw Rauch in spring training before he got really upset with himself in the dugout. He's very Paul O'Neil-esque. I hope he isn't quite as whiny.