PDA

View Full Version : The biggest non-story of the day...

czalgosz
03-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Yankees get Trammell from Pads for White.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0319/1526178.html

moochpuppy
03-19-2003, 02:27 PM
This trade doesn't make any sense. :?: What does White give the Padres that Trammel doesn't already give them? Plus having to give up a pitching prospect on top of that?

czalgosz
03-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
This trade doesn't make any sense. :?: What does White give the Padres that Trammel doesn't already give them? Plus having to give up a pitching prospect on top of that?

Well, if White's healthy, he's probably better than Trammel, but he's never healthy, so it seems like a dumb trade to me.

hold2dibber
03-19-2003, 02:59 PM
It may be that Trammell has a multi-year contract whereas White has only this year left on his, and the Padres are trying to clear salary for the upcoming off season.

Hangar18
03-19-2003, 02:59 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty dumb trade. Padres have no hitting, and will have even less of it 4/30/03. Thats when Rondell will go on the DL again for the umpteenth time heh heh.

San Diego Padres....Nice Stadium, Bad Team.

kermittheefrog
03-19-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
It may be that Trammell has a multi-year contract whereas White has only this year left on his, and the Padres are trying to clear salary for the upcoming off season.

This is exactly what's going on but I don't see why they had to give up a good prospect like Mark Phillips.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
This is exactly what's going on but I don't see why they had to give up a good prospect like Mark Phillips.

well king george has to give up something for pitching when his 7 starters are only pitching good rather than great.