PDA

View Full Version : The cubs Killed Harry Carey

Magglio_4_Bagger
03-18-2003, 09:51 AM
This is just a theory I have.....it was discussed by myself & a friend who is also a White Sox fan,but I am sure that a great many of you might just agree with me.
It all started back in the late 1970's when Harry Carey was still in his prime and announcing White Sox games and drinking Strohs & Old Style......then Harry started feeling like his mind was slipping,so Harry went to see a doctor and was told that he was in thje begginning stages of Alzhiemers.....so Harry tried the best he could to maintain his positive outlook,but he started to slip badly into his disease....becoming almost hard to listen too on the TV & radio........so one day Harry decides to take a walk on his way to work.......well....with Harrys condition getting worse with every passing day he somehow stumbled into that glorified softball diamond on the west side of ChiTown....you know the one....its surronded by the queer bars,and has all them yuppie cell phone using,BMW driving,Eddie Bauer wearing pieces of human waste that frequent the place.
Well the management saw the condition Harry was in and they figured they would steal him away from his beloved White Sox....so they filled him with that pisswater Budweiser and kept Harry drunk enough that he never realized that he was in the wrong ballpark......and with Harrys condition now clouded by Budweiser he had no idea what was going on....then eventually he passed away from to much Budweiser and moronic cub fans not knowing the game of baseball.....what really messed Harry up was when Sam-Me came to the west side...Harry seriously thought he was back home again on the South Side where real baseball is played and understood by the fans.
Like I said this is just a theory I have........sorry if it was long winded.

voodoochile
03-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Well, It's an interesting theory anyway...

Welcome aboard! :)

Fridaythe13thJason
03-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Queer Bars? That's intelligent sounding.

livewir
03-18-2003, 12:36 PM
funny....I could of swore that Wrigley was on the North side

Hullett_Fan
03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by GrandSalami
Queer Bars? That's intelligent sounding.

Ditto that!

Juan Pizarro
03-18-2003, 01:14 PM
It's "Caray," with two "a's."

Sad
03-18-2003, 02:13 PM
didn't Harry bring Bud w/ him to the North side?

czalgosz
03-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Sad
didn't Harry bring Bud w/ him to the North side?

I thought that he didn't become a "Bud Man" until after he became a "Cub Fan". He started out drinking Falstaff on the South Side.

I never was a big Caray fan. I'm sure he was great back in the old days, but by the time I got old enough to pay attention (and I have memories of him as the Sox announcer) he was pretty much incoherent most of the time. He didn't even know all the players. I still remember him blasting Greg Luzinski for not running out a ground ball when Luzinski's knees were shot and it was obvious he was in pain. Everyone in the ballpark knew about Luzinski's knees, apparently, except for Harry.

jortafan
03-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Harry was a Bud-man, big time, during those 25 years he was the Cardinals' broadcaster. What else would Augie Busch have his broadcasters promote? His White Sox years were just a little break from that swill.

Viva Magglio
03-18-2003, 08:55 PM
This theory is complete nonsense. First of all, Harry came back to Budweiser either in his last year with the Sox. He was not "kidnapped" by the Cubs. Instead, Harry left the Sox because he did not want to be on SportsVision. He also did not get along with Jerry Reinsdorf. At the same time, virtually all of the Cubs games were on WGN Television so Harry saw his chance to go to the North Side.

TornLabrum
03-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Then there is the matter of his badly slurred speech after he came to the Cubs which has been attributed now to everything from Alzheimer's to too much Bud.

In point of fact, his speech became slurred after he had a stroke. Strokes sometimes do that. Duh!

fuzzy_patters
03-19-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
This theory is complete nonsense. First of all, Harry came back to Budweiser either in his last year with the Sox. He was not "kidnapped" by the Cubs. Instead, Harry left the Sox because he did not want to be on SportsVision. He also did not get along with Jerry Reinsdorf. At the same time, virtually all of the Cubs games were on WGN Television so Harry saw his chance to go to the North Side.

Viva, I want you to go get your dictionary and look up "humor" and report back with your findings.

HITMEN OF 77
03-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Interesting "thoughts" to say the least. I remember Falstaff, because we're all in this together. I just read that off my 1973 White Sox beer mug. :gulp:

T Dog
03-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Then there is the matter of his badly slurred speech after he came to the Cubs which has been attributed now to everything from Alzheimer's to too much Bud.

In point of fact, his speech became slurred after he had a stroke. Strokes sometimes do that. Duh!

Could Bud have contributed to his stroke? Could Alzheimer's have combined with his stroke to make him unable to call a baseball game?

Harry Caray went to the Cubs because they offered him more money. For the big money, the Cubs initially didn't give him the freedom to criticize their players, making him kinder and gentler than he was in real life. Eventually he regained the freedom by becoming bigger than the team.