PDA

View Full Version : Explanation of Wright's injury

SoxxoS
03-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Here (http://www.asmi.org/SportsMed/injury/injury_elbow.html)

(Under Lateral Elbow injuries)

When I typed in "bone chips pitchers" in Yahoo, every article said "XXX had surgery to remove bone chips..."
Most of the pitchers that had bone chips in there elbow have surgery and are out for about 8 weeks. I have no idea why surgery isn't being discussed. This is a big worry IMO. It seems like bone chips are serious and need to be corrected surgically. As far as I'm concerned-
1.) Loiaza can fill in fine for the first two months, where a fifth starter will be used very sparingly, anyway. If Wright has the surgery today, he should be ready to go in mid-May. We'll be about a quarter into the season, and should be fully healthy for the time when we really need him.
2.)If they wait, what happens if pitches through too much pain, and changes his mechanics? No, we got big problems. What are we going to do, let him pitch, and then have to pull him in June, when there is hardly any chance of him coming back for the remainer of the seaon?

This isn't good. :(:

kermittheefrog
03-17-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Here (http://www.asmi.org/SportsMed/injury/injury_elbow.html)

(Under Lateral Elbow injuries)

When I typed in "bone chips pitchers" in Yahoo, every article said "XXX had surgery to remove bone chips..."
Most of the pitchers that had bone chips in there elbow have surgery and are out for about 8 weeks. I have no idea why surgery isn't being discussed. This is a big worry IMO. It seems like bone chips are serious and need to be corrected surgically. As far as I'm concerned-
1.) Loiaza can fill in fine for the first two months, where a fifth starter will be used very sparingly, anyway. If Wright has the surgery today, he should be ready to go in mid-May. We'll be about a quarter into the season, and should be fully healthy for the time when we really need him.
2.)If they wait, what happens if pitches through too much pain, and changes his mechanics? No, we got big problems. What are we going to do, let him pitch, and then have to pull him in June, when there is hardly any chance of him coming back for the remainer of the seaon?

This isn't good. :(:

I agree completely. Take care of the bone chips and let him pitch w/o pain.