PDA

View Full Version : Next Celebrity Chat Suggestions

34 Inch Stick
03-17-2003, 12:11 PM
The first two have worked out great. Can I reccommend Julie Swieca as the next celebrity. She loves baseball and specifically White Sox baseball. She seems to care about her fans and does not seem affected by the "lofty" position she has achieved.

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Julie Swieca is a Great Suggestion. Count me in for that.
On a side note, I think shes a babe

Dadawg_77
03-17-2003, 01:38 PM
What would be really cool if we could get someone from the Sox themselves. I know that is asking for whole hell of a lot but it would be cool.

Unregistered
03-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I think a good interview deserves a few good promo photos. And I'd like to personally volunteer for the Official Julie Swieca WSI Photo Shoot. I'll um, buy a camera... :D:

SoxxoS
03-17-2003, 02:24 PM
What about Darrin Jackson? He seems like a guy that would do that kind of thing... :?:

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
What about Darrin Jackson? He seems like a guy that would do that kind of thing... :?:

thats a good suggestion too. But DJ doesnt look as good as Julie does in Heels.....

voodoochile
03-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
thats a good suggestion too. But DJ doesnt look as good as Julie does in Heels.....

Comments like this are exactly why Julie Swieca and other attractive female TV reporters will probably never be invited to do a chat. We'd have to shut it down due to too many catcalls and invitations for a night out with a fellow Sox fan. I'd probably get banned myself and the sexual harrassment lawsuit that followed would close this site forever...

WSI chats are NOT intended as a dating service for members of the WSI community...

You guys kill me. Nothing transparent about your motives at all...

:)

FanOf14
03-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
What would be really cool if we could get someone from the Sox themselves. I know that is asking for whole hell of a lot but it would be cool.

I second this!

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Comments like this are exactly why Julie Swieca and other attractive female TV reporters will probably never be invited to do a chat. We'd have to shut it down due to too many catcalls and invitations for a night out with a fellow Sox fan. I'd probably get banned myself and the sexual harrassment lawsuit that followed would close this site forever...

WSI chats are NOT intended as a dating service for members of the WSI community...

You guys kill me. Nothing transparent about your motives at all...

:)
I dont think anyone was intending to date her....
heh heh. Anyway, I think everyone knows shes good at what she does. Catcalls? hehh heheh, yeah might have to shut it down to cool everyone off lol.

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I think a good interview deserves a few good promo photos. And I'd like to personally volunteer for the Official Julie Swieca WSI Photo Shoot. I'll um, buy a camera... :D:

However, if thats Unregistereds intentions....Shame On you Unregistered hahahaha. :smile:

Unregistered
03-17-2003, 04:48 PM
However, if thats Unregistereds intentions....Shame On you Unregistered hahahaha. :smile: Hey, they'd be TASTEFUL shots... :D:

moochpuppy
03-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

LOL!

Win
Swieca's
Interest

34 Inch Stick
03-17-2003, 04:55 PM
You sir, are no gentleman!

Yeah well I'm no doorknob either.

Julie is great at what she does, she's got a great voice but come on guys...too much beer over the weekend? Let's keep it clean and maybe she would accept an invitation.

If you want to lust after a Chicago sports reporter try Megan Mawicke.

moochpuppy
03-17-2003, 04:56 PM
How about Joey Belle?

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
LOL!

Win
Swieca's
Interest

Excellent. but seriously folks, i think we need to take a step back and look in the mirror and ask ourselves.....Why are we complimenting a sports reporter?
Answer: Shes a dang good Reporter, and she happens to look good too! I dont see a problem w admitting that. I think shes a big enough girl and she'd be the first to say she would be flattered. Now unless someone was outright asking her out (which im sure if she wasnt interested, she'd be nice enough to say no way or take a hike he heh) hopefully, me complimenting her doesnt make her dislike us fans. I think its all in good fun.

"Now, for something completely different"

Daver
03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
If anyone can come up with a way for me to contact Ms. Sweica I will do so and see what she says about it,so far I have asked three people and two of the three agreed to it.

And contacting her via the Score would probably be a blind alley,she would probably never see the request.

Getting someone from the Sox would probably be impossible,they are not going to appear on a site that is in direct competetition with their own site.

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 05:52 PM
Daver...I think I might be able to help. Give me a couple days, and I'll tell her to contact you here.

Daver
03-17-2003, 05:55 PM
Daver...I think I might be able to help. Give me a couple days, and I'll tell her to contact you here.

Have her contact me at daver@whitesoxinteractive.com

Thanx. :)

gogosoxgogo
03-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Though I doubt he'd do it, McNeil would be a nice pick.

guillen4life13
03-17-2003, 07:02 PM
If someone could find out a way to contact Bo Jackson, I think he'd be great. Maybe we could convince him to try and become a coach or something.

Daver
03-17-2003, 10:13 PM
OK,how about we do this,if you can come up with a legit contact e-mail me the info and I will pursue it with a vengeance,beleive it or not it has worked in the past,Guillen4life made the Jack Mcdowell interview possible in the same way. Please do not send me e-mail addresses from the radio staion's website,more than likely it will lead me into a blind alley,which is what I meant when I said legit contacts,but I will pursue anyone that I have a legit contact for.

Is that fair to everyone here?

guillen4life13
03-18-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by daver
OK,how about we do this,if you can come up with a legit contact e-mail me the info and I will pursue it with a vengeance,beleive it or not it has worked in the past,Guillen4life made the Jack Mcdowell interview possible in the same way. Please do not send me e-mail addresses from the radio staion's website,more than likely it will lead me into a blind alley,which is what I meant when I said legit contacts,but I will pursue anyone that I have a legit contact for.

Is that fair to everyone here?

fair to me. I think I'll start by asking Jack, lol. :D:

jlh221fan
03-18-2003, 10:53 AM
I respect Julie S. as much as any Score personality, but she's nowhere close to good-looking IMO. She does have a nice voice, though.

Dan H
03-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Someone should talk to Sweica about all the personal stuff she puts out on the air. It's dangerous for anyone in a public forum to broadcast the stuff she does. She's just inviting a stalker. As far as a celebrity chat , I would not be interested in talking to her or anyone else on the Score. I stopped listening to them months ago. I don't think they care about the fans like they say they do.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-21-2003, 10:25 PM
what about carlos castillo

Carlos: "yeah, its not so bad here at dairy queen. free ice cream is good."

whitesoxwilkes
03-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

If you want to lust after a Chicago sports reporter try Megan Mawicke. [/B]

I used to work with her brother John. I'm not sure who's more girly, him or her....

kevingrt
03-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Though I doubt he'd do it, McNeil would be a nice pick.

Mac would be incredibly kool, but I think it would be near impossible to get him here with no incentives.

As for Swieca she would be awesome! She knows her White Sox baseball and seems like someone that would love to do this!

TornLabrum
03-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Mac would be incredibly kool, but I think it would be near impossible to get him here with no incentives.

As for Swieca she would be awesome! She knows her White Sox baseball and seems like someone that would love to do this!

I have an idea of how to lure Mac. Just tell him Grobber, a Cubs fan for cryin' out loud, did it gratis.

ewokpelts
03-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Who's Julie Swieca? And who does she work for?
Gene

Daver
03-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt

Dan Mcneil would not return my e-mail,but it could be that he never got it,I am still working on that I have an idea of how to lure Mac. Just tell him Grobber, a Cubs fan for cryin' out loud, did it gratis.

Les is helping me out with contacting Dan,we'll see what happens.

I can tell you that Phil Rogers will be back around the All Star break to break down the first half of the season and give us an idea on who the Sept. call ups will be.

chisox1976
03-25-2003, 03:29 AM
If you guys are interested in getting Julie Swieca let me know, I can get in contact with her on a regular basis. If she will do it, I do not know but it would be no problem for me to ask her. Please contact me here: chisox1976@yahoo.com

And also include what day and time and i will pass it on to her.

steff
03-26-2003, 06:20 AM
You guys want Albert Belle or Carton Fisk? :D:

hsnterprize
03-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by chisox1976
If you guys are interested in getting Julie Swieca let me know, I can get in contact with her on a regular basis. If she will do it, I do not know but it would be no problem for me to ask her. Please contact me here: chisox1976@yahoo.com

And also include what day and time and i will pass it on to her.

I've met Julie in press boxes at both Wrigley Field and U.S. Cellular Field. She's a nice person. She's very professional when she's on the job, and very personable. And...I can tell you for sure she IS a SOX FAN. Unless her schedule is really busy, IMO, I don't think there's not a reason for her to participate.

By the way...welcome to the boards. WSI is a great site, and it's wonderful that you're a part of it.

Tragg
03-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The first two have worked out great. Can I reccommend Julie Swieca as the next celebrity. She loves baseball and specifically White Sox baseball. She seems to care about her fans and does not seem affected by the "lofty" position she has achieved.

Who is Julie Swieca?

guillen4life13
03-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Who is Julie Swieca?

She's an FSN reporter. She's sometimes on with Bill Melton instead of Eric Williams, (I think). She's the carrot top though, as I remember. Dark red/brown hair.

hsnterprize
03-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Who is Julie Swieca?

Julie Swieca is a reporter and personality on WSCR-AM Radio here in Chicago. She's VERY knowledgeable about baseball, and you can read her profile on "The Score" website.

Here's a link to her bio... (http://www.wscr670am.com/showdj.asp?DJID=4332)

She's also a very nice person. Very professional, and like I said before...very knowledgeable. She's not just another pretty face. Well...I take that back. She is a pretty face, but she's got a lot of substance to her as well. I respect her quite a bit.

steff
03-31-2003, 10:42 AM
You all are missing the obvious next choice...

My schedule is limited.. but I'll see what I can do :D:

TheBigHurt
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

My schedule is limited.. but I'll see what I can do :D:

HOW does Sun at 11 pm sound????Et time

TornLabrum
03-31-2003, 11:28 PM
I just thought of another possibility: Peggy Kusinski.

chisox1976
04-01-2003, 01:26 AM
I just spoke with Julie and she seemed to have no problem with joining you all for the celebrity chat. Let me know when you would like to have her join you and I will set it up. Email me or just post it here on the boards.

voodoochile
04-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by chisox1976
I just spoke with Julie and she seemed to have no problem with joining you all for the celebrity chat. Let me know when you would like to have her join you and I will set it up. Email me or just post it here on the boards.

Send Daver an e-mail. He is the one setting them up.