PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction? Green Comiskey Park brick......

Medford Bobby
03-17-2003, 11:13 AM
:smile: I was thinkin' on this St. Patrick's Day about the famous "Green" brick laid in the old Comiskey park on this date back in 1910. Now was this whole story fiction or did they indeed lay a "green" brick as part of the construction. Now was this brick removed over the years of the park, or was it found during the destruction of old Comiskey???? Or was this just a Comiskey "myth"??? And a Happy Birthday greeting going out to "Fat" Pat Seerhy...where ever you are................ :)

:R&R "Little known fact that they are laid to rest outside the area behind the old Comiskey scoreboard"

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 11:25 AM
good question....might be Comiskey legend though...

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
good question....might be Comiskey legend though...

I believe this story pre-dates Bill Veeck owning the team. Thus I would be inclined to believe it.

Veeck never let the truth get in the way of a good story, especially when cheap publicity (and $) was at stake. He was the one who said they found Joe Jackson's major league contract stuck inside Old Comiskey Park's elevator shaft.

The green brick story I believe. The Jackson contract story I do not.

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 12:08 PM
man, the more time passes, the More I miss Old Comiskey.

Blueprint1
03-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Yeah i think the smell was great too. Nothing like a garbage dump smell to go with baseball.

Blueprint1
03-17-2003, 12:40 PM
By the way im not trashing Comiskey park memories I just think that it had its time. I think that new comiskey park is a nice place to watch a ball game. I have a Beckett Baseball card magazine from 1990 and that is what Robin Ventura says about Comiskey. I think that everyone who ever went there would remember it too

mike squires
03-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
man, the more time passes, the More I miss Old Comiskey.

Yeah, me too Hanger. I used to love it when Hawk and Whimpy did payback playback and showed old comiskey highlights. There was just somthing about it. I"ll hae to get my old tapes out today and take a trip down memory lane.