PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Twinkie Paradise?

WinningUgly!
03-17-2003, 01:13 AM
Now I see this is old news & has already been posted. I'd delete this myself if I could, but I can't, so I won't. :)

Left-hander Johan Santana, the young pitcher many believe is the most talented of the team's potential starters, said he felt betrayed when the team acquired the veteran Rogers to fill the job that several days earlier was promised to him.

He's so angry, he said he is considering asking to be traded.

"We'll see what my agent has to say," Santana said. "I want to be part of this team. I love this team great teammates. But you have to look out for yourself, too. You have to take care of yourself, and if they're not going to do it, you have to find somewhere else... .

"I know they're looking for a replacement (for injured starter Eric Milton), but to me it looks like I don't mean nothing to them... . I feel screwed."
Link (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/5388022.htm)

Bmr31
03-17-2003, 01:20 AM
I think this feeling of being overlooked and unappreciated has happened to most of us. Its how he responds that counts. I think this guy has a shot to be a real good one.

WinningUgly!
03-17-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I think this feeling of being overlooked and unappreciated has happened to most of us. Its how he responds that counts. I think this guy has a shot to be a real good one.

This will get real interesting when/if Rogers struggles & is left in the rotation over Santana, or whoever.

Bmr31
03-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
This will get real interesting when/if Rogers struggles & is left in the rotation over Santana, or whoever.

It would be nice to have such problems, lol.