PDA

View Full Version : Need Allittle Help Here

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 04:58 PM
For my stats class i need to graph and do all kinds of fun stuff to some about 80 data entries. What im thinkin is the sox win total or win percentage or maybe their win percentage compared to the cubs. But where can i go to get there stats from the past 100 or so years? Any direction you guys can push me in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TornLabrum
03-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
For my stats class i need to graph and do all kinds of fun stuff to some about 80 data entries. What im thinkin is the sox win total or win percentage or maybe their win percentage compared to the cubs. But where can i go to get there stats from the past 100 or so years? Any direction you guys can push me in would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I can think of two places:

1) A good print source is the book Total Baseball.

2) A great online source is www.baseball-reference.com

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I can think of two places:

1) A good print source is the book Total Baseball.

2) A great online source is www.baseball-reference.com

Thanks thats exactly what i needed!

duke of dorwood
03-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Or Les Grobstein's web page

voodoochile
03-16-2003, 11:41 PM
I have an Excel spreadsheet of the two teams records side by side if you want me to e-mail it to you. Should make the data analysis go easier...

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I have an Excel spreadsheet of the two teams records side by side if you want me to e-mail it to you. Should make the data analysis go easier...

That would be great. You didnt make a histogram out of it too have you, jk lol that would be too easy for me then. If you could email me at dllrbll7@hotmail.com i would appreciate it. Thanks alot