PDA

View Full Version : Damn!

Pete_SSAC
03-16-2003, 03:09 PM
BOTH games are in rain delays

- Pete

delben91
03-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Ah, I was curious why there hadn't been any game threads started yet.

HawkDJ
03-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Sox vs Arizona has been canceled.

UPDATE: Sox/Giants is very very close to being canceled as well.

Unregistered
03-16-2003, 04:04 PM
Giants VS. White Sox has officially been rained out. No baseball today. :(:

Viva Magglio
03-16-2003, 04:18 PM
TUCSON - The White Sox and the Diamondbacks made the decision to call the game at 2:30 (Central time). Right at about 2:20, they began pulling the tarp off the field but the rains started again at about 2:25. When Jerry Manuel, the Diamondbacks' acting manager, and the crew chief met at 2:30, the decision to call it was made right then and there.

Ironically enough, as I look out the window of the Holiday Inn Palo Verde lobby, the rain has stopped and the sun is trying to peek between the clouds. However, the Tucson Electric Park PA announcer said that the National Weather Service believes severe weather may be moving into the Tucson area. The current Severe Thunderstorm Warning is in effect for Maricopa and Pinal Counties but not Pima County where Tucson is.

Weather Channel Forecast for Tucson, AZ (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/85713?lswe=85713&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared)

KipWellsFan
03-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Apparently the game is being played. Because on espn's scoreboard it shows that the White Sox lost 15-1 ??? :?:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw

Unregistered
03-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by KipWellsFan
Apparently the game is being played. Because on espn's scoreboard it shows that the White Sox lost 15-1 ??? :?:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=chw Thats got to be a mistake. Even on the Official Sox site theres a story about how Colon is going to face John Lackey of the Angels on Monday because of the rain-out today vs. Arizona. But sure enough, espn has us losing 15-1, and gave us a loss in the standings as well...
Colon to start vs. Angels (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20030316&content_id=222209&vkey=spt2003news&fext=.jsp)

Unregistered
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Yahoo! Sports (among others) has the Diamondbacks beating up KC 15-1 Today. ESPN must have gotten confused. I guess if they hear "Sox" and it's not the Red ones, they just look the other way... now lets see how long it takes for them to fix this one. I'm betting we end spring training with an extra 'L' in ESPN's spring training rankings.

KipWellsFan
03-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Yah sorry about posting that false information, espn must have had a mix up.

GASHWOUND
03-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
TUCSON - The White Sox and the Diamondbacks made the decision to call the game at 2:30 (Central time). Right at about 2:20, they began pulling the tarp off the field but the rains started again at about 2:25. When Jerry Manuel, the Diamondbacks' acting manager, and the crew chief met at 2:30, the decision to call it was made right then and there.

Ironically enough, as I look out the window of the Holiday Inn Palo Verde lobby, the rain has stopped and the sun is trying to peek between the clouds. However, the Tucson Electric Park PA announcer said that the National Weather Service believes severe weather may be moving into the Tucson area. The current Severe Thunderstorm Warning is in effect for Maricopa and Pinal Counties but not Pima County where Tucson is.

Weather Channel Forecast for Tucson, AZ (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/85713?lswe=85713&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared)

Just curious, does it rain alot in Tucson? I didn't know it rained...much in Arizon and even if it did didn't know it would be enough to call a game cause of it. sheesh

Viva Magglio
03-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Just curious, does it rain alot in Tucson? I didn't know it rained...much in Arizon and even if it did didn't know it would be enough to call a game cause of it. sheesh

TUCSON - It ususally doesn't rain this much here this time of year, but this was one of those rare circumstances when it does. Rain usually comes during the summer months. I should note that there was little rain after the game was cancelled. Even the sun came out a few times. The temperature was still in the upper 50s, but I think that if they waited an hour they could have easily gotten the game in. Alas, hindsight analysis is always 20/20.

Also, I should point out that Bartólo Colón was here in Tucson and was to pitch against the Randy Johnson today. Published reports had him going to the game in Scottsdale, but he was going to actually start the game in Tucson. He was going out to the Sox' bullpen in right field when the rains came.

Finally, this is my last night in Tucson. I come back to Chicago Monday afternoon... :whiner: I love it here in Tucson. I've visited a lot of places, but this is the only one that makes me want to move here someday. But, for now, I have a lot in Chicago to take care of, and the return of White Sox baseball to Comisk-. uh, U.S. Cellular Field will remind me how really special Chicago is.