PDA

View Full Version : Donn Pall E-Mail Addresses

Lip Man 1
03-16-2003, 01:51 PM
I've heard that the e-mail that Donn gave me in his interview may or may not be working. Here are the two addresses that he gave me if you wish to contact him.

donn.s.pall@rssmb.com

donn.s.pall@smithbarney.com

I've always enjoyed every former Sox player that I have spoken with (along with the media members) but Donn seemed to be one of the most down to earth individuals out of all of them.

Growing up a Sox fan he knows what goes through a fan's mind, how they feel and what they do.

I found him very funny, intellegent and honest.

He had some great stories (including some that weren't printed!) and I think you'll find that he's going to be around WSI in the future.

By the way, April features at WSI are going to include perhaps one of the rarest historical audio accounts of the Sox ever discovered and you'll be able to listen to a condensed version yourself if you have a Real Audio Player.

The April WSI Interview will come from a guy who played a large part in the 1983 season. To say this guy had a "different" view of the world would be an understatement! Always funny, always witty and never afraid to say what he thinks he'll speak his piece to Sox fans next month.

The May interview is projected to be a player who performed for the Sox in the early 70's and was a starter on the 1972 team.

Enjoy!

Lip

nixsox
03-16-2003, 02:30 PM
Excellent interview Lip. I think that not letting Pudge and Donn into the clubhouse that day has to be one of the most embarrasing things the Sox organization has ever done. I have met Donn Pall a couple of times and he seems to be one of the friendliest and accomodating Sox players of all time. :D:

Wsoxmike59
03-16-2003, 04:48 PM
I enjoyed the Donn Pall interview too Mark, great job as usual.

A couple of Soxfests ago, I got to meet and speak with Donn, and I told him I had a nice 5 x 7 photo of him in the dugout at old Comiskey Park, that I had gotten from the photo editor of the Southwest News Herald back in '90.

I told him I'd like to give the picture to him, and he gave me his business card where I could send it to. After sending the picture to him, about a week later in return I recieved a few autograph color postcards of Donn.

A very nice fellow, that's for sure. He was always a fan favorite around Comiskey Park, and he is one of the most accomodating players you'll ever find.

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 05:01 PM
I agree it was a very interesting interview. I remember him being very nice and thats why i have probably 10 of his autographs scattered through the house. Wish they all could be like him.

Brian26
03-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Another outstanding interview. Great job.

I met Donn at Soxfest this year, and he was super friendly. Great pitcher from a great era for the Sox.

TornLabrum
03-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Let me add my compliments on the Donn Pall interview. A couple of months ago, I had the pleasure of interviewing Donn for the Windy City Sox Fans newsletter. Not only did he take the time to answer my questions, he also took money out of his own pocket to sponsor that issue of the newsletter, helping to defray our printing and postage expenses, thereby allowing us to use that money to donate to our charity.

In addition, he then took something like four hours of his Saturday at SoxFest to hang around our booth and sign autographs.

This isn't even mentioning the numerous times he's given his time to appear at our annual holiday parties, including the one this past holiday season.

Don is a regular guy who happened to play major league baseball at a high level for several years, and that came out in Lip's interview.

Great job!