PDA

View Full Version : Sox Win Ostrich Cup

Viva Magglio
03-15-2003, 11:00 PM
TUCSON - I neglected to put in my morning report that the White Sox have retained possession of the "Interstate 10 Pinal County Ostrich Farm Cup." For those of you who have not made to trip to Arizona and, hence, have not have had the pleasure of traveling from Phoenix to Tucson, there is an ostrich farm on I-10.

The Ostrich Cup, a creation in my own mind (go figure), is the trophy awarded to the winner of the Sox-Cubs Arizona spring training series each year. If memory serves me correct, the award went vacant in 1998 because the teams split their games and there was no previous winner. The Cubs won it in 1999, but the Sox have won the Cup each subsequent year. In the event of a split in the series, the previous winner retains possession of the Cup. This rule is basically based upon what happens in the rare circumstance of an 8-8 tie vote in the U.S. Supreme Court. When that happens, the lower court's ruling is upheld. There are no "co-championships" in my world (sorry, Grobber33).

As a result of the Sox' victory over a "B" Cubs team on Friday, coupled with a "B" Sox team's loss to the Cubs the previous Saturday, the 2003 series ended in a split meaning that our Chicago White Sox are the 2003 Interstate 10 Pinal County Ostrich Farm Champions. With that significant triumph, let's all:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

This evening's series of WSI posts from Tucson is brought to you by the Holiday Inn Palo Verde.

T Dog
03-16-2003, 07:51 AM
I like the legal 75 mph drive between Tucson and Phoenix, even if it's beneath Sammy Sosa. Driving from Phoenix to Yuma makes everything else seem like a pleasure.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2003, 08:36 AM
The Sox couldnt be here tonight to accept the award, so to accept the award for them, former sox player

:hitless
"You people owe it to me."
*grabs trophy and runs offstage, never to be seen again*