PDA

View Full Version : Tejada

MetalliSox
03-15-2003, 02:40 PM
A's just said in a press conference that they will not try and sign Tejada to a deal after the year.

Won't the Sox be in need of a new SS next season?

Guess I am getting ahead of myself.

WhiteSoxWinner
03-15-2003, 02:49 PM
Hmmmm, that could be interesting for the stretch drive. Now everyone knows the A's will deal him, and everyone will come knocking.

Here's to wishful thinking!!! :gulp:

kermittheefrog
03-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Hmmmm, that could be interesting for the stretch drive. Now everyone knows the A's will deal him, and everyone will come knocking.

Here's to wishful thinking!!! :gulp:

The A's aren't going to trade him and they said that too. It would kill their shot at winning the series which they can do.

DaGame2584
03-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Let's say for argument sakes that the A's are out of the race. Would they trade him then? Would the Sox pay for someone like him? He would be an awesome pick up!

kermittheefrog
03-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by DaGame2584
Let's say for argument sakes that the A's are out of the race. Would they trade him then? Would the Sox pay for someone like him? He would be an awesome pick up!

I'd say the chances of the A's being out the race are remote.

Pete_SSAC
03-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Good to know who the Yankee's SS will be next season.

- Pete

jortafan
03-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

- Pete

Nah.

King George will sign Tejada to play third base, alongside Jeter at short.

Or maybe he'll figure out a way to sign Tejada and trade for Alex Rodriguez and build up a shortstop backlog just like the starting pitching glut the Yankees had this year.

Bmr31
03-15-2003, 06:19 PM

- Pete

Exactly. This guy is one of the STUDS of baseball. No way the sox make a serious offer.

dougs78
03-15-2003, 06:20 PM

- Pete

No kidding...i was talking to one of my friends about that today. Jeter at 3rd next year, Tejada at SS....not to mention Vlad in RF and just for good measure they may have to add Colon and Maddux since Clemens and Wells will retire.

Must be nice....

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-15-2003, 06:29 PM
poor a's fans. i'd rather have the a's keep the big 3 though. zito, mulder and hudson, darn small market teams like oakland and the sox! :whiner:

OEO Magglio
03-15-2003, 07:08 PM
Tejada most likely won't be on the a's next year, but as long as they have zito, hudson, and mulder they'll be one of the best teams in the al, I mean once they lost Giambi Tejada stepped up and one the mvp, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Chavez next year step up and put up mvp like numbers.

hose
03-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
A's just said in a press conference that they will not try and sign Tejada to a deal after the year.

Won't the Sox be in need of a new SS next season?

Guess I am getting ahead of myself.

Tejada is going to be demanding a huge salary and the Sox wont be in the running for his services.

The cash cow on the north side of town might be interested in Tejada. Either way I figure Tejada to end up in the National League.

StepsInSC
03-15-2003, 09:29 PM
::drool:: It is no doubt a pipe dream, but is it wrong that the thought of Tejada in the middle of our current lineup gets me aroused in a non-sexual sort of way?

bigfoot
03-15-2003, 09:49 PM
If Tejada is with the SteinYankees this/nxt year, who will Drew Henson be traded to?; Cobz, Giants or Bearz?

OfficerKarkovice
03-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by bigfoot
If Tejada is with the SteinYankees this/nxt year, who will Drew Henson be traded to?; Cobz, Giants or Bearz?

I think Henson is going to end up in the NFL before it is all said and done.

doublem23
03-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Chad Hutchison and Chris Weinke are wonderful examples of what happens to baseball players who couldn't cut it when they become pro football players.

:)

OfficerKarkovice
03-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Chad Hutchison and Chris Weinke are wonderful examples of what happens to baseball players who couldn't cut it when they become pro football players.

Exactly...they become crappy pro football players making millions as opposed to rotting away in the minors making much much less.

Jjav829
03-16-2003, 12:19 AM

That's not fair to Chad Hutchinson to put him in the same sentence as Chris Weinke. Chad's going to be a good NFL QB. Weinke on the other hand... :smile:

WinningUgly!
03-16-2003, 12:20 AM

You're forgetting Bo Jackson & Deion Sanders.

Actually, Hutchinson will probably end up being a decent QB, if Parcells doesn't screw him up too much. He was away from the game of football all together for quite a few years & then came back at the NFL level. He should be o lot better this season.

OEO Magglio
03-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Now the real question is, who's a better QB, Borchard or Henson??

RichH55
03-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Now the real question is, who's a better QB, Borchard or Henson??

Henson, but luckily for us Borchard wins the Baseball poll

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2003, 08:38 AM
i think the 04 shortstop is currently on the team and his name rhymes with ShaMangelo Frimenez.

StepsInSC
03-16-2003, 12:14 PM
MiyaAngelo Womenez?

Hangar18
03-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Miguel Tejada Better Not EVEN THINK about joining the cubs.

Unregistered
03-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Miguel Tejada Better Not EVEN THINK about joining the cubs. I think players are learning NOT to sign with the Cubs. It's like an inverted Coors Field... your BA is sure to drop 30 points, you lose any type of ''clutch'' ability, you strike out more than usual... the list goes on and on...

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 12:27 PM
You cant forget about the ex-cub factor too. That must lower their worth when they finally come to their senses and try to get out of the northside.

RichH55
03-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I think players are learning NOT to sign with the Cubs. It's like an inverted Coors Field... your BA is sure to drop 30 points, you lose any type of ''clutch'' ability, you strike out more than usual... the list goes on and on...

But why would the cubs even want Tejada?I mean Alex Gonzalez is soooo good at defense, He's like Royce Clayton squared