PDA

View Full Version : Did they ever release a slogan yet?


ScottyTheSoxFan
03-15-2003, 01:05 PM
maybe i missed it, but i cant recall a 2003 slogan being released. it better not be come ready to play.

i kind of like "Smell Our Colon."

dllrbll7
03-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I havent heard a slogan but i like the new commercial where the go " 25 Men ....One Goal" Or something like that. They ran it alot during the cubs game friday and really grabs your attention.

Jjav829
03-15-2003, 01:12 PM
It takes a team.

That seems to be what they're using a lot now. It is on the new TV commercial and the radio one where they go through role call.

TimChamp
03-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
It takes a team.

That seems to be what they're using a lot now. It is on the new TV commercial and the radio one where they go through role call.

Yeah, "It takes a team," it was a pretty kewl commercial during the game vs. the Cubs...I don't think they have an "official" slogan...yet, but we'll see...I definitely like the commercial they have this year with the clips from players last year....



Champ out....

GASHWOUND
03-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
maybe i missed it, but i cant recall a 2003 slogan being released. it better not be come ready to play.

i kind of like "Smell Our Colon."

When I first read that I read it, "Smell our Col"I"n"

Not that would be crude :smile:

GASHWOUND
03-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Yeah, "It takes a team," it was a pretty kewl commercial during the game vs. the Cubs...I don't think they have an "official" slogan...yet, but we'll see...I definitely like the commercial they have this year with the clips from players last year....



Champ out....

I haven't seen the commercial, what's it about?
All I've heard is that "Role call" one on the radio.
Gets kinda annoying the 20th time you hear it :gulp:

TimChamp
03-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I haven't seen the commercial, what's it about?
All I've heard is that "Role call" one on the radio.
Gets kinda annoying the 20th time you hear it :gulp:

Basically about how they have to work together to win or something and then they showed some sweet plays, like a barehand double play by Harris, but I only really caught the latter part of it and also had some good funky music...


Champ out...

WhiteSox = Life
03-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Right. It was something like "25 players. 1 team. 1 goal." And, that goal was to win or something like that.

I think I might be confusing the "to win" part with the WGN commercial for the Opening Day Game for the White Sox. Now, that commercial was good. When I first saw it, I thought it was the White Sox Official Slogan. After I saw it was a WGN commercial, I wished it was the White Sox slogan. Hopefully, WGN will use that commercial all the time.

MetalliSox
03-15-2003, 02:38 PM
I think they are sticking with "Come Ready To Play". It's on the schedules and other Sox advertising still.

TheBigHurt
03-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
I think they are sticking with "Come Ready To Play". It's on the schedules and other Sox advertising still.

ohh but its too general... so to say the least it doesnt float my boat

BE GOOD SON'S

bigfoot
03-15-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure of the new Sox 'slogan', but I believe the newest promo for the Cobz is : The Cobz, A Commitment to Excrement!

gosox41
03-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
It takes a team.

That seems to be what they're using a lot now. It is on the new TV commercial and the radio one where they go through role call.

Did they borrow that one from Hillary Clinton? And to think I thought she was a Cubs, I mean Yankees fan.

Bob

gosox41
03-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
maybe i missed it, but i cant recall a 2003 slogan being released. it better not be come ready to play.

i kind of like "Smell Our Colon."

That may be it if the team starts out slowly and disappoints again.

Bob