PDA

View Full Version : New scoreboard...

DrCrawdad
03-15-2003, 07:53 AM
Yesterday during the Sox broadcast Gallas was on with Farmer and Gallas said that the Sox have a brand spanking new scoreboard. Gallas said the Jumbotron is twice as jumbo as the one from before.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/data/media/2/Old_Scoreboard.jpg

TornLabrum
03-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Yesterday during the Sox broadcast Gallas was on with Farmer and Gallas said that the Sox have a brand spanking new scoreboard. Gallas said the Jumbotron is twice as jumbo as the one from before.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/4images/data/media/2/Old_Scoreboard.jpg

Then on the postgame show, Dave Wills said he thought, based on conversations with Sox front office people last fall, that the new jumbotron would be in left field where the lineups and matrix displays were. He was hoping that someone from the Sox would call to confirm, but I had to do other things and didn't hear if anyone did.

Hangar18
03-15-2003, 08:58 AM
Actually, I was listening (while stuck in all that damn traffic from the Big10 Tourney at the United Center) and he said this scoreboard would now take up the space of the 2 scoreboards currently there. Hopefully, i'll get a better look at it 3/22 for the open house.....

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-15-2003, 09:33 AM
wow, thats a jumbo jumbotron.

Hangar18
03-15-2003, 09:37 AM
just spoke to a "friend" of mine who kind of works on the project... he said this is definitely going to be 1 big scoreboard, as opposed to the 2 that are on the scoreboard now. Said its very hi-tech, and believes thats why the crane is out there (also for the new bleachers in center.

Shoeless Joe
03-15-2003, 09:45 AM
There's no doubt that the brand spanking new stuff is being unveiled for the All-Star game this year, I just hope that they banish the cheer-o-meter so they can save it from being tainted. By the way is this thing HDTV ready?

thecell
03-15-2003, 10:12 AM
I'll be at the open house on 3/22. I get some pics and post.

Hangar18
03-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by thecell
I'll be at the open house on 3/22. I get some pics and post.

Hey Cell, i'll see ya there, im going also. taking my nephew and little cousin too. Wear something that says WSI if possible....

Bucktown
03-15-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
just spoke to a "friend" of mine who kind of works on the project... he said this is definitely going to be 1 big scoreboard, as opposed to the 2 that are on the scoreboard now. Said its very hi-tech, and believes thats why the crane is out there (also for the new bleachers in center.
Thanks you US Cellular. I think I will use my cell phone all weekend to help pay for it. I wish they had wireless Internet access like Sprint, then I could pay for it single-handedly just by keeping up with WSI.

koch44
03-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Did anyone see the scoreboard on the day that they had the garage sale?

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-16-2003, 08:40 AM
jr is really trying to impress people for the allstar game. i like the jumbo jumbo tron idea.

SaltyPretzel
03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Is it the same scoreboard with a bigger Jumbotron?

Hangar18
03-16-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SaltyPretzel
Is it the same scoreboard with a bigger Jumbotron?

YES, its supposed to be 1 scoreboard now (the 2 we have now, but put together now) will have the same Features as Both, just on one board now. at least thats what i was told Friday.

DrCrawdad
03-16-2003, 12:22 PM
If I understood Gallas then the new scoreboard will be in left to left centerfield. If that is true then it keeps the rightfield HR porch idea still viable.

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 12:25 PM
What about the exploding scoreboard and fireworks. As long as they dont mess with that i like the idea

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 07:42 AM
OK, Dr. Crawdad Officially has the best Signature !!

thecell
03-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hey Cell, i'll see ya there, im going also. taking my nephew and little cousin too. Wear something that says WSI if possible....

Don't have any WSI gear yet, but I'll keep a look out.