PDA

View Full Version : Herniated disc for A-Rod

Juan Pizarro
03-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Well, they're downplaying its severity, but this can't be good news for A-Rod or the Rangers.
A-Rod has herniated disc in neck (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0314/1523633.html)

czalgosz
03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
That giant sucking sound you hear is all of Tom Hicks' cash getting sucked out of his pockets...

MetalliSox
03-14-2003, 04:07 PM
I have a herniated disc and am fairly active lifting and running. If you have a sudden movement, it may get aggravated but nothing you can't play through.
Ballplayers use their backs a lot so it could be more of a problem then it is for me. If you have multiple herniated discs, then surgery is required. Hope it is not too bad. God forbid Texas pays ARod for sitting the bench.

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
That giant sucking sound you hear is all of Tom Hicks' cash getting sucked out of his pockets...

I'm sure ARod's contract is insured. If ARod is out for a significant amount of time the Rangers will only have to pay 20% of the contract while the insurance picks up the rest.

czalgosz
03-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
I'm sure ARod's contract is insured. If ARod is out for a significant amount of time the Rangers will only have to pay 20% of the contract while the insurance picks up the rest.

I thought I remembered reading at that time that no insurance company would insure that contract.

Of course, I thought that the Rangers had offered Kenny Rogers arbitration, too...

*bangs head on palm of hand*
Stupid, stupid, stupid!

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 04:22 PM
I thought I remembered reading at that time that no insurance company would insure that contract.

Well in that case the Rangers are................

:kermit

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-14-2003, 08:39 PM

in that case TX would only pay about 79 mill to arod this season, right?

baggio202
03-14-2003, 10:51 PM
i just had a disc fused in my neck...if arod needs surgery , if its only one level and no complications..he could be back as early as 6 weeks..but thats really pushing it...3 months is the norm..

voodoochile
03-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Well in that case the Rangers are................

:kermit

I'm guessing Hicks and the Ranger fans are NOT the kermit doll in that graphic...

guillen4life13
03-15-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I'm guessing Hicks and the Ranger fans are NOT the kermit doll in that graphic...

HAHA!

RichH55
03-16-2003, 03:29 AM

Of course, I thought that the Rangers had offered Kenny Rogers arbitration, too...

*bangs head on palm of hand*
Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I think that was the Juan Gonzalez contract......injury history and whatnot....A-rod has played most of the games he has supposed to played