PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox vs. Cubs 3-14-03 Thread

Jjav829
03-14-2003, 01:40 PM
It's Loaiza for the Sox and Benes for the Cubs. The first actual Sox broadcast on TV and the first chance to hear Hawk and DJ!

Let's Play Ball!

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Is it on WGN? What time is the game?

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

It is on Fox Sports Net!!! It's on RIGHT NOW!!! Nice to hear Hawk and DJ again! :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Champ out...

Iwritecode
03-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

It's on FSN. The game is on in about 5 minutes...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Watching the FOX sports MLBTV feed right now... man, this is cool...

doublem23
03-14-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Nice to hear Hawk and DJ again! :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

I guess... Better than Chimp and Stoney.

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Watching the FOX sports MLBTV feed right now... man, this is cool...

Good, maybe I'll get it just to get those stupid WCIU broadcasts...it's the same broadcast as it is on Fox Sports Net, right? It's Hawk and DJ?

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:15 PM
WOW, our lineup today is like our starting lineup to be for the regular season...

By the way, you guys notice how Loaiza doesn't seem to throw in the 90's? Is he more of a finesse pitcher (those two strikeouts he got were nice)? Anybody know anything about his stuff?

Champ out...

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Could you post the lineup for those of us stuck in an office or without access to the game?

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Good, maybe I'll get it just to get those stupid WCIU broadcasts...it's the same broadcast as it is on Fox Sports Net, right? It's Hawk and DJ? Yep, it's Hawk and DJ... It's been awhile. I'm DEFINATELY buying this MLBTV thing.

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Could you post the lineup for those of us stuck in an office or without access to the game?

Jimenez 2B
Valentin SS
Thomas DH
Ordonez RF
Konerko 1B
Lee LF
Crede 3B
Rowand CF
Olivo C

Btw, I'm not sure if you guy noticed this, but Maggs seems to have a much WIDER-OPEN Stance and he seems close to the plate...or is it just me? :?:

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:24 PM
Recap of 1st inning...

Cubs
-Goodwin out to second base
-Hill K
-O'Leary base hit to RF
-Choi K

Sox
-Jimenez single to RF
-Valentin foul out
-Thomas walked
-Maggs popped to RF
-Konerko (after two balls called strikes that he argued) grounded to 2B

Scoreless

Champ out...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Recap of 1st inning...
Some dude got a base hit to RF
That was Troy "Cow" O'Leary...if I'm not mistaken.

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:31 PM
2nd inning...(noticed this Loaiza is wearing #21, wasn't that Cal Eldred's?)

Cubs
-Lenny Harris grounded out to SS (nice throw and range by Valentin)
-Cummings double to CF
-Gipson basehit to RF, Cummings scores, 1-0 Cubs
-Ramon Martinez - Strike 'em out, throw 'em out (nice gun down by Olivo!)

1-0 Cubs

Champ out watching stupid ScRubS fans out his window playing baseball......

TimChamp
That was Troy "Cow" O'Leary...if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks, I forgot who that was, when I was writing it out...

Unregistered
The little league all stars strike first...

Single to right scores the kid on second...

1-0 Scrubs
BOTTOM 2

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:33 PM
(noticed this Loaiza is wearing #21, wasn't that Cal Eldred's?) They don't want to retire his jersey until AFTER he retires... they already made that mistake with Harold, Champ.

czalgosz
03-14-2003, 02:36 PM
Harold Baines is retired? I thought sure he'd be somewhere, working on his swing, waiting for the phone to ring...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:41 PM
They don't want to retire his jersey until AFTER he retires... they already made that mistake with Harold, Champ.

LOL! Good one, that's funny...hey, he's doing well, with St. Louis (I think)...we'll see about Bionic Man...

Champ out...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Man, I thought OUR defense sucked....

3-1 SOX
i believe all those runs are unearned...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Harold Baines is retired? I thought sure he'd be somewhere, working on his swing, waiting for the phone to ring... I think he carpools with Jesse "I'm 50!'' Orosco

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:49 PM
VINTAGE frank thomas RBI single...

4-1 SOX
BOTTOM 2

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:49 PM
2nd Inning (Benes still pitching)...

Sox
-Lee base hit to LF
-Crede base hit up the middle, Lee hauls it and goes to 3rd (nice hit and nice job by Lee!)
-Robo - supposed to be a 6-4-3 DP, but gets away from Choi and Robo safe at 1st, Crede out at 2B, Lee scores
-Olivo nice hit to LF where SS should have been, but SS was moving to cover 2B- Robo stealing on play and makes it to third
-Jimenez - right through the wickets of Hill, Rowand scores, Olivo hauls it and Kimm waves him home - SAFE from 1st base (close play), Jimenez to 2B - Hill sucks - we don't need him!!! 3-1 Sox
-Valentin foul out to Harris...again!
-Thomas works a 3-2 pitch into vintage Frank with a bullet to LF down the line (only makes it to 1st - LF playing it perfectly), Jimenez scores
-Maggs popout to Choi

4-1 Sox

Champ out noticing that Manuel is in midseason form and is sleeping again - that's why he wears those shades - to hide the fact that he's sleeping - very clever, very clever...

Juan Pizarro
03-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Have to say again how much I appreciate the work on the updates. For those of us out of contact, it really makes the day go by better!

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:55 PM
3rd inning (Loaiza still pitching with Manuel finally waking up and talking to Hawk and DJ - but he still lokoks like he's sleeping)...

Cubs
-Some dude (Damien Miller?) fly out to CF (too busy making fun of Manuel to notice)
-Goodwin out at 1B - unassisted
-Hill out at SS (nice throw by Valentin)

4-1 Sox

Manuel saying that 11 pitchers will be the staff - says that we have a good staff..

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Have to say again how much I appreciate the work on the updates. For those of us out of contact, it really makes the day go by better!

No problem, it's either this or play baseball with stupid ScRubbies ouside and I'd really rather not...

Champ out to do more updates... :D:

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Dammit Jerry, get a little personality, man...I'm at work! I'll get fired for sleeping on the job. Manuel has the voice tone of a middle school social worker.

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Just a quick update: BOBBY HILL SUCKS.

Thank you.

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 03:01 PM
Champ, thanks for the detailed updates!

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:05 PM
3rd Inning

Sox
-Konerko hit down the 3B line and safe on the throw even though Choi couldn't dig it out, I think it's counted as a hit
-Lee another 4-6-3 DP ruined by Hill's gaffe again and through the wickets again (in a British accent)...1st and 2nd, nobody out - Hill sucks, we don't need him
-Crede pop out to CF
-Robo fly out to RF, Pauly tags up to 3rd
-Olivo - just foul down the RF line that one time - then walks to load the bases
-Jimenez weakly flies to LF - all for naught

4-1 Sox

Wright update by Manuel: Loaiza could be in 4th spot...Wright needs five more innings in ST, but could take 12 pitchers if Wright does make it with the team AND if he continues to struggles in his return...

Champ out...

Randar68
03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
No problem, it's either this or play baseball with stupid ScRubbies ouside and I'd really rather not...

Champ out to do more updates... :D:

Champ, you living in a Dorm in C-U??? If so, which one? I was an old Taft resident... Not a bad place with the fields by Huff right there...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:07 PM
NICE White Sox commercials...that was cool..."It takes a team"

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Champ, you living in a Dorm in C-U??? If so, which one? I was an old Taft resident... Not a bad place with the fields by Huff right there...

Yeah, I do, I live in PAR, in Blaisdell - right across Illini Groves...

Champ out...might play b-ball soon, so updates might be done for me... :whiner:

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:12 PM
4th inning (Loaiza still pitching)

Cubs
-O'Leary K - swing and a whiff on a breaking ball - 4 K's by Loaiza now - looking good
-Choi swinging and missing mightily on one pitch and then goes on to miss again and strikes out on this nice deceptive pitch by Loaiza - 5 K's now by Loaiza
-Lenny Harris out to 2B

4-1 Sox

Unregistered: You're right, I almost fell asleep listening to Manuel! Maybe he was sleep talking...that's why he makes us want to sleep too... :D:

Champ out to sleep...NO! I must not fall into the trap!!!

thecell
03-14-2003, 03:24 PM
2 more in...6-1 SOX

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 03:25 PM
How'd they get the 2 runs?

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:26 PM
It looks like the Cubs are playing with those rubber high-bounce balls. Every ball hit to them bounces off their chest or gets away... ridiculous!

TimChamp
4th inning (Angel Guzman now pitching)....

Sox
-Valentin base hit up the middle
-Frankie! Frankie! Frankie! After that chant, Frank answers my call - smiling at one pitch that he just got - and gets hit on the top of the ARM! CHARGE THE MOUND FRANK! HE WAS AIMING FOR YOUR HEAD!!!
-Maggs hits it to a hole in SS and Martinez misses it - right under the glove and through the wickets (British accent again) - Valentin scores - 5-1 Sox NOBODY OUT...1st and 2nd...
-Konerko flies out to CF and Thomas tries to tag, but then comes back to 2nd - he could have made it to 3rd since Hill bobbled it
-Lee - terrible pitch in the dirt, runners advance - 2nd and 3rd now - hits it to third, Frank scores, off on contact - 6-1 Sox
-Crede (2 outs now) - called strike out...

By the way, an interesting fact, a "Dick Pole" is managing the game today...interesting...and he's the new supposed bench coach for the Cubs...hmmmm...

3 Errors by the ScRubs...and I thought OUR defense was bad...

6-1 Sox

Champ out...

thecell
Not sure about the first, but Frank scored on a Lee ground out. I'm sure Champ will fill us in.

anewman35
03-14-2003, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I do, I live in PAR, in Blaisdell - right across Illini Groves...

Ahh, C-U... I lived in Lundgren (right across from Huff and the Six Pack) for 4 years (yes, I'm a dork), until last May. I kind of miss it sometimes, too. Nice to be making some money now, though - and it'll be even nicer to actually get to see all the games...

thecell
03-14-2003, 03:28 PM
By the way, an interesting fact, a "Dick Pole" is managing the game today...interesting...and he's the new supposed bench coach for the Cubs...hmmmm...

"Dick Hertz" is the name of their new conditioning coach.

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:30 PM
I think Bobby Hill is playing under the influence... can't tell whether it's alcohol or drugs, but he's certainly playing like he's on about 3 hits of blotter acid.

He keeps on laughing and making errors and striking out. Have another, BOBBY! :gulp:

anewman35
03-14-2003, 03:31 PM
On the radio, Gallas just confirmed a new Jumbotron and the LED boards. Nothing we didn't know, but nice to hear it officially...

Loiaza has 6 k's and has retired 8 in a row. If he can only pitch like this against actual major league teams, we're all set!

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by thecell
"Dick Hertz" is the name of their new conditioning coach.

LOL!

Champ out to think up other great "Dick" names...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:33 PM
5th inning (Loaiza STILL pitching)...

Cubs
-Cummings strikes him out again on that wicked nice curveball - 6 (!) K's now by Loaiza
-Some dude grounds out to Valentin (nice throw again :D: )
-Another dude pops out to Konerko

6-1 Sox

Champ out trying to stop the urge to play b-ball and continue to do updates on such a nice day...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Loiaza has retired 8 in a row. Make that 10 in a row...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Ahh, C-U... I lived in Lundgren (right across from Huff and the Six Pack) for 4 years (yes, I'm a dork), until last May. I kind of miss it sometimes, too. Nice to be making some money now, though - and it'll be even nicer to actually get to see all the games...

Yeah, this is my 2nd year in PAR and in the same room too!! I plan on staying a 3rd year!!! Yeah, I like the people here, so, it's like home...

Champ out checking out the HOT chicks walking in their skimpy clothes by his window - hey, she's doing a dance for him...maybe he'll go chase after them... :D:

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Sorry for the no-name players, I was busy staring at the HOT babes outside my window...

Champ out still staring, but may follow them now...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Champ out checking out the HOT chicks walking in their skimpy clothes by his window - hey, she's doing a dance for him...maybe he'll go chase after them... :D: Champ out competing with Ricky Henderson and Bo Jackson for most flagrant display of talking about themselves in the third person...

thecell
03-14-2003, 03:38 PM
LOL!

Champ out to think up other great "Dick" names...

"Dick Cummings" is the clubhouse attendent

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:39 PM
5th inning (Guzman still pitching)...

Sox
-Robo with a base hit to LF
-Olivo flies out to RF
-Jimenez (nice play by SS) - 6-4-3 DP, close call at 1st! :angry:

6-1 Sox

Champ out...

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 03:40 PM
If I marry my bf, "cummings' will be my last name and I refuse to name any male children he and I might have "Richard." Then again, my cousin's name was Richard Liss and when he would meet someone for the first time he introduce himself as "Dick Liss." RIP Dick!

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Champ out competing with Ricky Henderson and Bo Jackson for most flagrant display of talking about themselves in the third person...

Sorry, I like The Rock and it's kewl how he mentions to himself in the Third Person all the time...I don't always do it...

Champ out to try and stop mention to himself in the third person...oops... :gulp:

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Great, nothing like Hawk and Rob Gallas talking about upcoming promotions....blah, blah, blah...

Champ out...

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by thecell
"Dick Cummings" is the clubhouse attendent "Dick Smoker" in the bullpen?

Unregistered
03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Sorry, I like The Rock and it's kewl how he mentions to himseld in the Third Person all the time...I don't always do it...
Champ out to try and stop mention to himself in the third person...oops... :gulp: Champ, I cannot tell a lie... it's grown on me. :D:

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
If I marry my bf, "cummings' will be my last name and I refuse to name any male children he and I might have "Richard." Then again, my cousin's name was Richard Liss and when he would meet someone for the first time he introduce himself as "Dick Liss." RIP Dick!

LOL!!! I like these Dick jokes, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Dick Pole

Champ out really enjoying the dick jokes...

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 03:47 PM
so glad to see Bobby Million Dollar Hill having a bad day....
karmas a funny funny thing...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:50 PM
6th Inning (Arnie Munoz pitching now)...A crapload of defensive changes...Harris at 2B, Nunez at SS, Rios at LF and some other guys...

Cubs
-Damian Miller single to LF
-Goodwin hot shot to Willie, knocks it down and barely beats Goodwin (Miller at 2nd)
-Hill pops out to LF
-O'Leary hits a ball passed Harris to RF, Miller scores, 6-2 Sox now
-Choi hot shot to Harris, knocks it down AGAIN and throws him out at 1st

6-2 Sox

UPDATE: Hawk and DJ bobblehead doll nights!!!

Champ out, might be playing b-ball now...the HOT chicks are gone... :whiner:

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM
Champ, I cannot tell a lie... it's grown on me. :D:

Yeah, one time, I slipped and I metioned to myself in the "I" self... :whiner:

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 03:55 PM
6th inning (Guzman still pitching)...

Sox
-Harris grounds to 2B (hauls it and ALMOST makes it)
-Armando Rios grounds to 2B
-Maggs ground out to SS

6-2 Sox

Champ out getting haggled by his buddies to play some b-ball outside... :(:

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Hawk and DJ Bobbleheads? Really? WHEN????

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:04 PM
7th inning (Glover pitching)...

Cubs
-Some freak showboats and gets a base hit to RF
-Cummings flys out to CF
-Gipson after missin' badly on an inside pitch proceeds to get hit near the elbow area after turning into the pitch...
-Some dude that looked like Choi, but I know it wasn't (Glover throwing wildly now, almost hit the guy in the head) - pops out to the Catcher (#64 -Jamie Burke?) behind the plate
-Some other dude grounds to SS and gets the guy going to 2nd...

6-2 Sox

Sorry with these "dudes" as player names, too busy checking out the HOT babes outside on Unofficial St. Patrick's Day here at good 'ol University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign..GO ILLINI!!!

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I can't remember...I think they just metioned it to catch people's attention...

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:14 PM

Here's what they have on the website, but all I can find is Konerko bobblehead dolls on Friday, July 18, 2003..

Promotions & Giveaways... (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/cws_schedule_promotions.jsp)

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:14 PM
7th inning (Guzman STILL pitching)...

Sox
-Daubach called 3rd strike on an outside-looking pitch...
-Valenzuela (not Velenzuela) - grounds out to SS
-Robo (I think) flies to RF

6-2 Sox

Btw, nice job by Loaizia, he looked really good with the off-speed and breaking ball pitches that he has... :gulp:

Champ out...

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Did I just hear that right? Farmer just said Ron Schueler works for the Cubs now?? I cannot believe that. Thought he was "retiring" to get away from Baseball ???? What gives???
Cubs arent too Proud to take a Handout huh?

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 04:22 PM
freaking hill just got a hit, another rbi 6-3 cubs, how the heck did they get 2 runs just now? Porzio must be pitching hahaha.

WhiteSoxWinner
03-14-2003, 04:23 PM
I am not listening to the game, but I do recall he got back into baseball. I thought it was somewhere out on the east coast, like Boston.

thecell
03-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Did I just hear that right? Farmer just said Ron Schueler works for the Cubs now?? I cannot believe that. Thought he was "retiring" to get away from Baseball ???? What gives???
Cubs arent too Proud to take a Handout huh?

Yeah, I guess he's working as a scout. I don't think it's a full time gig though.

thecell
03-14-2003, 04:24 PM
freaking hill just got a hit, another rbi 6-3 cubs, how the heck did they get 2 runs just now? Porzio must be pitching hahaha.

ooooooooeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo-poooooorzio

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:24 PM
8th inning (PORZIO pitching...there goes the game)...Borchard in RF now

Cubs (nice sign by that White Sox fan chick)
-Some dude (Hubbard?) gets a double down the RF line...
-Hill (Porzio sucks) - 3-0 count, then gets a generous call from the ump. and after that an RBI single to RF, 6-3 Sox now
-91 is up there now, I remember him from the last game, but not sure who he is - steeeeeerike out
-Choi grounds into a 4-3...NO! SAFE at 1st...Harris tagged out the guy going to 2nd, but Choi is safe at 1st on the throw...
-Kelton (sp?) strikes out

6-3 Sox

Champ out...

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I was kidding about Porzio, but it was him pitching just now LOL.

thecell
03-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Borchard just blasted a 3 run bomb...10-3 SOX

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:39 PM
8th inning (Beltran (!) pitching...no, not the CFer)

Sox
-Robo K
-Burke rips one down the LF line, with a 1-out double
-Nunez strokes one to RF and Burke scores from 2nd, 7-3 Sox now
-Harris hits it to CF as a popout...NO! THE FLUBBIE DROPS IT!!! LMAO!!! Runners on 1st and 2nd now!!! Man, their defense is more horrendous than ours...Harris might have hurt himself rounding 1st base, some pain in the quads area...gets helped off the field by Herm...Miles pinch running for him
-Rios looks up in the air (LOL!) on a grounder and gets thrown out at 1st by a nice (long) play by the 3B man
-LTP with some Light Tower Power proceeds to HIT A 3-RUN HOMER TO RF!!! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD...YESSSSSSSS!!! 10-3 Sox now!
-Daubach flies out to CF

Quote of the day by Hawk:
"I saw Big Daddy this winter."

10-3 Sox

Champ out...

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Borchard just hit a BOMBBBBBBBBBBBBB

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 04:47 PM
9th inning (Flash pitching now)

Cubs
-McDonald (?) base hit to CF
-Some dude (sorry, no clue who he is) strikes out on 5 straight WICKED curve balls by Flash..well, not that wicked (Flash seems to be ONLY THROWING CURVE BALLS!)
-Some dude with a high number strikes out on Flash's WICKED curve balls - ALL CURVE BALLS
-Another dude with no name proceeds to prove why and Flash strikes out the side!

10-3 White Sox Win

:winner

Champ out to finally play b-ball...

delben91
03-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Maybe it was just this game, but it seems that Jaime Burke has been playing pretty well this spring. If Olivo makes the big club and someone claims Josh Paul, I won't mind having Burke down in Charlotte just in case.

Of course, if Olivo starts the year in AAA, all bets are off.

Lip Man 1
03-14-2003, 09:55 PM
All I can say is THANK GOD FOR ESTEBAN LOAZIA!

Especially considering this quote that Manager Gandhi gave the Chicago Tribune tonight:

"And it gives us a chance to take our time with Danny Wright."--Jerry Manuel

Remember this is the same guy who back on March 5th told the newspapers that Wright's elbow was just an irritation, nothing to get excited about.

My initial impression when I saw this quote was that Manuel knows something that he wasn't saying before (sort of a warning to Sox fans?)

Loazia could give them some time if Wright's down to see if they can play "Let's Make A Deal!"

We'll see tomorrow.

Lip

doublem23
03-15-2003, 12:23 AM
so glad to see Bobby Million Dollar Hill having a bad day....
karmas a funny funny thing...

I don't know how much "karma" it is when a guy has a bad day in the middle of Spring Training.

hose
03-15-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
All I can say is THANK GOD FOR ESTEBAN LOAZIA!

Especially considering this quote that Manager Gandhi gave the Chicago Tribune tonight:

"And it gives us a chance to take our time with Danny Wright."--Jerry Manuel

Remember this is the same guy who back on March 5th told the newspapers that Wright's elbow was just an irritation, nothing to get excited about.

My initial impression when I saw this quote was that Manuel knows something that he wasn't saying before (sort of a warning to Sox fans?)

Loazia could give them some time if Wright's down to see if they can play "Let's Make A Deal!"

We'll see tomorrow.

Lip

My impression was that Wright will not have any pressure to rush back to his starting role.

Loazia will hold down the 4th spot and a 5th starter wont be needed on a regular basis till the May.

If Wright can't pitch then one of the youngsters will get their chance.