PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts: Wrights arm

SpringfldFan
03-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Just wondering what your "gut" feeling is regarding Danny Wrights "inflammation". We are hearing that it isn't that serious but we have heard that before with other pitchers who have ended up missing seasons. Now, not based on your "gut instinct" alone, what will happen with Danny's arm?

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 12:56 PM
It seems like lately when I read about a pitcher having an swollen or inflamed elbow, it's bone chips. If it is something like that, does anyone know what the DL time is for that?

RedPinStripes
03-14-2003, 01:12 PM
I'm not a doctor. and the sox never tell the truth till a pitcher's career is ruined. :smile:

WhiteSoxWinner
03-14-2003, 02:06 PM
MRI came back today without any signs of damage. Here keeping my fingers crossed...

doublem23
03-14-2003, 02:09 PM
I figure he may miss Spring Training and may start the year on the DL, so I figure he'll either be on the DL or rehabbing in AAA to start the year, but I don't really think this is anything bad and I think we'll see Danny at The Cell by April or so.

But I don't know much. :D:

czalgosz
03-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Impossible to say - the little driblets of informaiton that have gotten to the press haven't been enough to draw any conclusions, IMO.

But I do know that if having trouble finding a 5th starter is the worst thing to happen to the Sox this season, I'll be a happy man.

Dadawg_77
03-14-2003, 04:13 PM
The thing is the Sox should shut him down until the pain is gone or they know what it is. I think we will stay down in Zona to open up the year in extended camp.

TheBigHurt
03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
doesnt sound to good

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
But I do know that if having trouble finding a 5th starter is the worst thing to happen to the Sox this season, I'll be a happy man.

well atleast loaiza has pitched well. hopefully heredia or rauch step up in case danny wright is hurt bad.