PDA

View Full Version : Twins

OfficerKarkovice
03-14-2003, 10:22 AM
You know I'm glad that the Twins don't have any internal problems. They all get along so well and have such great team chemistry!

Santana (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/5388022.htm)

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 10:29 AM
I was wondering how long it would take before Santana spoke up...

hold2dibber
03-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Egads - could you imagine if Frank Thomas said those things? As the real Mayor Daley would have put it, he'd be vilified, he'd be crucified, yes, he'd even be criticized!

I still don't understand why the Twins don't put Lohse in the pen and start Santana. If I'm them, I'd much rather have Santana throw 180 IPs and Lohse 100 than the other way around (even though I think Lohse is pretty good, I just think Santana is better).

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 10:47 AM
He's so angry, he said he is considering asking to be traded. "We'll see what my agent has to say," Santana said. "I want to be part of this team. I love this team great teammates. But you have to look out for yourself, too. You have to take care of yourself, and if they're not going to do it, you have to find somewhere else... .

Yoohoo, Kenny.........

fhqwhgads
03-14-2003, 11:01 AM
You know I'm glad that the Twins don't have any internal problems. They all get along so well and have such great team chemistry!

Cute, but unlike Frankie-T and Co., Santana actually has a legitimate beef.

However, I have to agree with the Twins on this one. Santana is a fine pitcher with loads of potential and an awesome K/9IP stat, but his pitch counts are scary when he starts. Making Santana a starter guarantees significant use of your bullpen and weakens that same bullpen by removing the best lefty from it.

For everyone but Santana's ego, the current situation is the best of all things: Well-above-average starting rotation, elite bullpen, insurance against starter injury, and Yankees-like pitching depth when Milton heals.

GO TWINS!

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Hey Fweaherebsdsamnbbb, you have to admit, Prior in the Twins Rotation makes all of this talk were having a Non-Issue. Thank You Selig and Greedy Prior. dont worry, Prior will get his in the end...Karmas a funny funny thing...hes a Cub now haha to him.

Juan Pizarro
03-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Regardless of what the Pangloss of Twin fans says, this isn't a good development for them.
It puts the lie to the rosy scenario. It'll be intriguing to see how "all-together-now" they are if the wheels start to come off.
As for Frank, all he's done is work his ass off after that first news conference. Mark my words, he'll be more productive than ANY Twins hitter this season.

Iwritecode
03-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hey Fweaherebsdsamnbbb, you have to admit, Prior in the Twins Rotation makes all of this talk were having a Non-Issue. Thank You Selig and Greedy Prior. dont worry, Prior will get his in the end...Karmas a funny funny thing...hes a Cub now haha to him.

No offense Hangar... but let it go.

Prior's not a Twin. You don't have to keep bringing it up every time fhqwhgads makes a post...

MRKARNO
03-14-2003, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the appearent loser of their battle for the last outfield spot complains as well. I don't think that the twins' chemistry is as good as it seems. I think it's very superficial and that if the twins lose 5 in a row, the whole chemistry will fall apart. They very well could fail in the face of a test. All of the national reporters make the twins look like, as Jason Stark on ESPN once said, the most lovable team in baseball. I think the twins are overrated and will fail this year as the sox win 100 games

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Regardless of what the Pangloss of Twin fans says, this isn't a good develoment for them.
It puts the lie to the rosy scenario. It'll be intriguing to see how "all-together'now" they are if the wheels start to come off.
As for Frank, all he's done is work his ass off after that first news conference. Mark my words, he'll be more productive than ANY Twins hitter this season.

I can see it now inside Twinkie camp down in Florida...

Gardenhire: "Okay guys, everybody join in as I lead the hymnal. Ready?"

Gardenhire: "Gumbiyah, my Lord, Gumbiayah... Gumbiayah, my Lord, Gumbiyah..."

Santana: "Excuse me Ron, but 'the Gambler' is singing out of key."

Pierxilkniskki: "Shutup you piece of &*$$! Stop trying to foment dissent!"

Rogers: "I sing as best I can. If that's not good enough for you..."

Meinizkieielswixz: "Guys! Guys! Keep it down! The White Sox might be listening!"

It priceless having Twins fans on this board.

:gulp:

TRL
03-14-2003, 12:38 PM
Not to menton all of the press Kirby Puckett has gotten lately. I saw that he made the cover of Sports Illustrated. That situation can't provide a postitive buzz around the team.

fhqwhgads
03-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Juan Pizarro
Regardless of what the Pangloss of Twin fans says, this isn't a good develoment for them.
It puts the lie to the rosy scenario. It'll be intriguing to see how "all-together'now" they are if the wheels start to come off.

Yep, it's amazing how poorly this Twins' team responds to adversity. After barely struggling through threatened contraction and decimating injuries, I think that this one comment from the bullpen could start a never-ending spiral of doom...

You guys wish.

GO TWINS!

moochpuppy
03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
as the sox win 100 games

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/bandit.gif

fhqwhgads
03-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I wouldn't be surprised if the appearent loser of their battle for the last outfield spot complains as well. I don't think that the twins' chemistry is as good as it seems. I think it's very superficial and that if the twins lose 5 in a row, the whole chemistry will fall apart. They very well could fail in the face of a test.

Paging Dr. Freud! Dr. Freud, we have a high-level projection situation.

MRKARNO, you are giving a fabulous description of the White Sox of these last couple of years. I'm not faulting you for it, I understand the psychological effects of rooting for a team with chemistry problems. It is natural to make any attempt to find these same problems within other teams, particularly close competitors. Doing so provides temporary relief from your own team's trials and tribulations.

Here's the good news: Eventually, the White Sox will gel, and the clubhouse will ring with the sounds of hard work and laughter, and maybe even celebration of a championship.

The bad news: Not this year.

GO TWINS!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
[B]Yep, it's amazing how poorly this Twins' team responds to adversity. After barely struggling through threatened contraction and decimating injuries, I think that this one comment from the bullpen could start a never-ending spiral of doom...

You guys wish.

LMAO!

You would have a far more convincing case if your own manager wasn't running around looking underneath every frickin' rock trying to invent some adversity for his mighty Twins to rally around.

What the hell do you think this is? High school baseball? :smile:

I'll know Gardenhire has officially lost it when he has the Twins charge through cheesecloth as they take the field at the BaggieDome.

Go! Team! Go!

Hangar18
03-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
No offense Hangar... but let it go.

Prior's not a Twin. You don't have to keep bringing it up every time fhqwhgads makes a post...

heh heh. its fun bringing that up to Twins fans. I may not have to bring it up anymore, I believe their own fans might start bringing it up shortly..........for years and years. Kind of like how people still talk about the Brock for Broglio trade. Not taking Prior, mark my words, has Killed that Franchise. The seeds have been sown, will come to fruition shortly.

hose
03-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
LMAO!

You would have a far more convincing case if your own manager wasn't running around looking underneath every frickin' rock trying to invent some adversity for his mighty Twins to rally around.

What the hell do you think this is? High school baseball? :smile:

I'll know Gardenhire has officially lost it when he has the Twins charge through cheesecloth as they take the field at the BaggieDome.

Go! Team! Go!

The Sox have B1's, the power of MOAB bombs, M1 Abrams tanks, and aircraft carriers while the twins have drones that drop M-80's, Toyota pick ups with 50 caliber mounts and bass boats.

The fear in the Twins is mounting as the date of March 31 nears, the wrath of a sleeping giant has been aroused and all diplomatic venues have been tried but to no avail. The removal of the Minnesota Twins from the AL Central Throne by the Mighty White Sox must and will take place.

Once the Sox are in control of the AL Central Throne the Twin players will be allowed to assimilate into others teams in the league, Mankewitwtz and Paronowski will be tried for war crimes, the Metro Dome will be returned to it's owner and flourish as a roller rink, which it was originally built as.

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by hose
The fear in the Twins is mounting as the date of April 31 nears, the wrath of a sleeping giant has been aroused and all diplomatic

Um, when is April 31? (Sorry couldn't resist! :D: :) :D: )

hose
03-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Um, when is April 31? (Sorry couldn't resist! :D: :) :D: )

Well you see we have been going back and forth on the date, its is now back to March 31. :D:

(thats if the Twins don't surrender first)

fhqwhgads
03-14-2003, 02:47 PM
The Sox have B1's, the power of MOAB bombs, M1 Abrams tanks, and aircraft carriers while the twins have drones that drop M-80's, Toyota pick ups with 50 caliber mounts and bass boats....

The fear in the Twins is mounting as the date of April 31 nears, the wrath of a sleeping giant has been aroused and all diplomatic venues have been tried but to no avail. The removal of the Minnesota Twins from the AL Central Throne by the Mighty White Sox must and will take place.

Once the Sox are in control of the AL Central Throne the Twin players will be allowed to assimilate into others teams in the league, Mankewitwtz and Paronowski will be tried for war crimes, the Metro Dome will be returned to it's owner and flourish as a roller rink, which it was originally built as.

Less talk, more action. Looking forward with great anticipation to the burnination of the White Sox in '03.

GO TWINS!

Iwritecode
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Less talk, more action. Looking forward with great anticipation to the burnination of the White Sox in '03.

GO TWINS!

Careful...

you don't want to invoke the wrath of the :army

Especially on this board...

Daver
03-14-2003, 05:30 PM

If you continue with this trend in posting I will deem you a troll,most here know the fate of trolls here.

TWANG............................................. .......................................Thump!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by daver
If you continue with this trend in posting I will deem you a troll,most here know the fate of trolls here.

TWANG............................................. .......................................Thump!

This isn't called Fortress White Sox for nuthin'.

Allow us to illustrate...

:deadtrolls

fuzzy_patters
03-15-2003, 12:14 AM
The Sox have B1's, the power of MOAB bombs, M1 Abrams tanks, and aircraft carriers while the twins have drones that drop M-80's, Toyota pick ups with 50 caliber mounts and bass boats.

The fear in the Twins is mounting as the date of March 31 nears, the wrath of a sleeping giant has been aroused and all diplomatic venues have been tried but to no avail. The removal of the Minnesota Twins from the AL Central Throne by the Mighty White Sox must and will take place.

What's wrong with bass boats? I wish I had one.

doublem23
03-15-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Not taking Prior, mark my words, has Killed that Franchise. The seeds have been sown, will come to fruition shortly.

I think they got the better end of the deal.

hose
03-15-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
What's wrong with bass boats? I wish I had one.

You are either with us or against in the battle against the Axis of Evil, the Cubs & Twins.

(if it only takes a bass boat to get you on our side I think something can be worked out...how about a Sears 16 foot Ted Williams model for starters, money is a little tight right now and it is a artifact which could be rowed with great pride.)

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-15-2003, 11:55 AM
Come on, fhqwhgads (http://www.homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.) .

this is the lamest waste of 2 minutes i have ever seen or heard.

TheBigHurt
03-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan

YEAH I AGREE i dont get the sense of doing that

doublem23
03-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan

I'll hear nothing against Homestar Runner!

Bucktown
03-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

Santana (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/baseball/5388022.htm)
Darn, I thought this was going to be a link to smooth.mp3.

soxruleEP
03-17-2003, 10:04 AM
quote:

We'll see what my agent has to say," Santana said. "I want to be part of this team. I love this team great teammates. But you have to look out for yourself, too. You have to take care of yourself, and if they're not going to do it, you have to find somewhere else... .

And here's another thing that's wrong with baseball--"I'll have to see what my agent has to say."

Because the team tries to strengthen itself by bringing in the best unsigned pitcher available this guy has to run to his agent to decide how he'll react.

I wonder what my boss would think if I cried everytime he damaged my fragile psyche.

HEY DAVER--

I am with you on the trolls. I don't want this to deteriorate like the "official boards." Aside from the near cub-like stupidity displayed by some of the posters, it is troll heaven.