PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here ever Date a Cub Fan ?

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I did a long time ago. Thought I was "open" minded enough, and dated her anyway, hahah, Boy did that NOT work out. during the summer, we argued so much about our teams haha. I dated someone recently who was a Sox Fan also so that was perfect (though her parents hated me, made it impossible for her to stay w me :( ) However, I think same team relationships might be the way to go.... any thoughts?

Unregistered
03-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Hangar, I know this great therapist located right in the city... you should think about giving him a call.

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hangar, I know this great therapist located right in the city... you should think about giving him a call.

thanks man....think I need it unfortuneately

moochpuppy
03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I've always dated female Cub fans and eventually married one (she lived next to The Metro on Clark). I don't know why? Opposites attract?

CHISOXFAN13
03-13-2003, 12:34 PM
I have been dating a Cub fan for four seasons now. It makes for some very interesting bets during June.

FanOf14
03-13-2003, 12:36 PM
This is the 3rd baseball season my bf and I have been dating. This is the first season where he isn't a cubs fan. I don't think he'll make it the entire season as being an ex-cub fan, but I will do my best to keep him an ex-cub fan.

DrCrawdad
03-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Dated and then married one. We've been married now for 9 years.

Mrs. Crawdad was raised in a Cubbie household. Every year her father brought her to the Cubbie home opener.

In 2000 we went to one of the Sox/Cubs games at Wrigley. While at the game Mrs. Crawdad said, "I like Comiskey Park better than Wrigley. I don't get what the big deal is about Wrigley..."

The conversion is complete. Mrs. Crawdad is a Sox fan.

- DrCrawdad.

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Dated and then married one. We've been married now for 9 years.

Mrs. Crawdad was raised in a Cubbie household. Every year her father brought her to the Cubbie home opener.

In 2000 we went to one of the Sox/Cubs games at Wrigley. While at the game Mrs. Crawdad said, "I like Comiskey Park better than Wrigley. I don't get what the big deal is about Wrigley..."

The conversion is complete. Mrs. Crawdad is a Sox fan.

- DrCrawdad.

Congrats Crawdad. all of you actually. sounds commendable.
Figures I would date a person who was a sox fan (and the parents sox fans, all odds ini my Favor) but the parents would end up hating me hahahaha.

Im going to start looking for a F cubbie fan (to convert of course)

LuvSox
03-13-2003, 01:22 PM
No. I always dated intelligent women. :)

doublem23
03-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Living on the Northwest Side, I've had my run ins with plenty of Cub fans. Luckily for me, most (if not all of them) weren't big baseball fans and hence didn't try and pretend like they have a strong understanding of the game. They would just say stuff like, "Sammy is so good!" and "Mark Grace has a nice ass," but I would usually just laugh or roll my eyes. Unlike some of the guys I went to high school with who were die hard Cub fans and tried to justify it to me. Those ended up in some heated debates.

As for me now, the current girlfriend of 1/2 year (in 2 days), is a South Side Sox fan.

:D:

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 02:19 PM
almost forgot this story. a buddy of mine from brookfield, went to one of the cross-town classic games at comiskey. he was "dating" this cub fan, she was nice enough, and the first date went well he said. he had another ticket to the game, so they went. he said she was unusually heated about the game (he didnt think she knew anything about the cubs) and when Thomas hit that double in the 9th to win it, he was so excitied and cheering wildly, he didnt notice that she quietly got up and Left w/o HIM!!!! lol that was funny. he had to take the L home

ilovemags30
03-13-2003, 02:44 PM
every guy i have dated in the past yr has been a cubs fan...

very odd...lol hahaha lotsa of fighting and disaggrements buts its fun too. cubs/sox series is the best time to avoid each other... but my hey loser chant on his answering machine after the 8-down comback to win was pricelss... moments like that are great.

ive manged to convert a few of em to sox fans.... although they do still like the cubs.. i managed to show em the light of a true team.

MarqSox
03-13-2003, 02:46 PM
I briefly dated a hardcore Cubs fan last summer ... We found out about each other's baseball allegiances on the second date. It was a bit of a turnoff, but the girl had the most incredible backside I'd ever seen ...

Anyway, we stayed together about a month, but had a falling out after the second Cubs/Sox series. Nice enough girl ... as long as we steered clear of baseball.

moochpuppy
03-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

Wouldn't you consider them intellegent for dating a White Sox fan?

A.T. Money
03-13-2003, 03:51 PM
My girlfriend didn't really know anything about baseball until she met me. She's a Sox fan by default now. And she even rips the Cubs...it's great.

sox_fan_forever
03-13-2003, 04:03 PM
I've never dated a Cub fan myself, but I have a funny story I thought I'd share while we are on the topic.

Last summer this one guy (who is really strange, but that's another story) asked my friend if she'd like to go to a Cubs game with him sometime and she said no. Now she's not a baseball fan herself, but when he asked why not she told him she couldn't because I'd probably kill her if she did. Am I training my friends right or what? :D:

maurice
03-13-2003, 05:01 PM
I married one. She converted, of course, as a precondition to marriage. (I think it was in the vows.) Still working on the brother-in-law.

WSI should start a dating network to help our unmarried comrades meet more acceptable prospects.

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
03-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Dated and then married one. We've been married now for 9 years. ....The conversion is complete. Mrs. Crawdad is a Sox fan.

Good story. I met the future Mrs. PHG shortly after she moved into Lakeview from Michigan where she grew up. Her roommate was an old friend and had been living in Chicago for some time. She and her little gaggle of single friends would routinely go to Wrigley to drink and watch the Cubbies.

My future bride was being sucked in to the vapid lifestyle of Cubbie fandom!

I took her to her first ever game at Old Comiskey. She enjoyed the churros, and the authentic nature of Sox Fans' rooting interests. She noted that Frank Thomas didn't even really need a bat when he came to the plate. :smile:

She stopped hanging with her drunk and goin' nowhere Flubbie friends, and has been a loyal Sox supporter ever since. When I got her to join me for a double-dog, fries, and Coke on the concrete stoop outside a dry cleaner from the Patio on Taylor Street, I knew the transformation was complete.

We were married one year later. Since then we have added two new Sox Fans to the honor list, too.

Ah, life is good as a Sox Fan!

:gulp:

Thunderstruck30
03-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Im only 14 but I already know that I absolutely cannot marry a Cub fan. The reason is that I would give anything so my kids arent Cub fans. They need to be raised right and if a Cub fan is also raising them, that might be a problem. I dont think I would mind if my kids were fans of another team, as long as when it comes down to the Cubs and Sox, they pick the Sox.

34rancher
03-14-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox

I tried to find it, but the search proved futile. There was once this old comic stip called "Shoe". One of them was about relationships. These two old guys are talking on their way to a cub game where the editor starts talking about this incredible woman he had dated. She was perfect in every way. When his friend asked what happened, he relpied it never would have worked out, she was a Sox fan.
Man am I dating myself as to how old I am. Anyone else remember Shoe?

hose
03-15-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Im only 14 but I already know that I absolutely cannot marry a Cub fan. The reason is that I would give anything so my kids arent Cub fans. They need to be raised right and if a Cub fan is also raising them, that might be a problem. I dont think I would mind if my kids were fans of another team, as long as when it comes down to the Cubs and Sox, they pick the Sox.

You are wise beyond your years grasshopper.

LuvSox
03-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
I tried to find it, but the search proved futile. There was once this old comic stip called "Shoe". One of them was about relationships. These two old guys are talking on their way to a cub game where the editor starts talking about this incredible woman he had dated. She was perfect in every way. When his friend asked what happened, he relpied it never would have worked out, she was a Sox fan.
Man am I dating myself as to how old I am. Anyone else remember Shoe? I remember it. I think I saw it not too long ago. That strip would be a great find.

hsnterprize
03-16-2003, 02:24 PM
I never dated a Cub fan...and I'm blessed enough to have married a Sox fan. Mrs. hsnterprize and I were Sox fans when we met, even though it would be a a few months after we first met in college before we went on our first date. Once we got together, we learned about each other's baseball interest. She and her younger brother are Sox fans. However, her dad is a "tried and true" flubbie fan. The strangest part of this equation is that he took the kids to Sox games even though he was a Cub fan. Or course, he tried to convert them by taking them to Wrigley a few times...but to no avail.

Now, as husband and wife, we're raising our soon-to-be 11-month-old son to be a Sox fan. It'll be tough with the father-in-law's flubbie influence. I have to make extra sure he doesn't try to slip some of that klubbie Kool-Aid in my boy's bottles.

Here's a picture of my boy, Joshua. Check your programs in a few years...I hear he's going to be a great prospect. Not to mention, he's starting to learn how to walk. Soon, he'll be able to steal second and hit 30/100. (http://www.babiesonline.com/imagegallery/gallery_image.asp?p=%2Fbabies%2Fj%2Fjoshspage%2F11 93248%2Ejpg)

Get this...he's saying, "Na, na, na, na." I wish I knew how to contact Nancy Foust and get her to play him a lullaby.

Hangar18
03-17-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
I never dated a Cub fan...and I'm blessed enough to have married a Sox fan. Mrs. hsnterprize and I were Sox fans when we met, even though it would be a a few months after we first met in college before we went on our first date. Once we got together, we learned about each other's baseball interest. She and her younger brother are Sox fans. However, her dad is a "tried and true" flubbie fan. The strangest part of this equation is that he took the kids to Sox games even though he was a Cub fan. Or course, he tried to convert them by taking them to Wrigley a few times...but to no avail.

Now, as husband and wife, we're raising our soon-to-be 11-month-old son to be a Sox fan. It'll be tough with the father-in-law's flubbie influence. I have to make extra sure he doesn't try to slip some of that klubbie Kool-Aid in my boy's bottles.

Here's a picture of my boy, Joshua. Check your programs in a few years...I hear he's going to be a great prospect. Not to mention, he's starting to learn how to walk. Soon, he'll be able to steal second and hit 30/100. (http://www.babiesonline.com/imagegallery/gallery_image.asp?p=%2Fbabies%2Fj%2Fjoshspage%2F11 93248%2Ejpg)

Get this...he's saying, "Na, na, na, na." I wish I knew how to contact Nancy Foust and get her to play him a lullaby.

I like that you have your kid in sox gear, right on.

Dick Allen
03-17-2003, 11:50 AM
I dated a woman who not only was a Cub fan, but her father worked in the ticket office at Wrigley and her mother was a long-time Cub fan. I am proud to say that I converted her to the South Side and we're now husband and wife - sort of a stronger mind-dominating-a-weaker-mind kind of thing. Also, because of the Tribune's anti-union antics, my in-laws are now Sox fans.

steff
03-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Jim was a Cub fan till I got ahold of him. Now he's come to his senses :D:

BKozi
03-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Unlike you guys, I'm lucky over here in Nebraska. We don't have the concentration of Flubbie fans that you have (although we still have too many). The girl I'm dating though is from Minnesota and her family still lives there. Her dad used to take her to Twins games. Luckily, she hasn't been a fan since One-Eyed Kirby left. I've gotten in many discussions with her that baseball is NOT baseball when it's played indoors. I thought they should have been contracted just for that fact.