PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti......again says something stupid..

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Todays article, regarding the City vs cubs battle (mind you, has nothing to do with the SOX) mariotti decides for one sentence, to throw this in...."Daley/Sox Fan versus the Tribsters".
What the hell is he trying to do?? this is a sox vs cub fan issue?
What a Freaking Idiot. this is a city vs greedy corp issue. thats it.
every cub fans going to read that and go..."hey,,,thats not fair!"
Funny to see Wood/Sosa jump on that bandwagon too....
Without bleachers, they'll never win.....Right.

Foulke You
03-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
[BFunny to see Wood/Sosa jump on that bandwagon too....
Without bleachers, they'll never win.....Right. [/B]

Sosa has followed the corporate line to a T. He even has a picture of the Sun-Times article "Let there be Night" with a pic of Wrigley during a night game in his locker. Dusty is already following along with that philosophy too.

Ahhh, the Cubs. Plenty of built in excuses for being a bad team. Not enough night games, small capacity at Wrigley, not enough luxury boxes, blah blah blah. The Red Sox seem to compete just fine in their park and they have smaller capacity and an older park! Hmmm...must be those night games I guess.

Bobby Thigpen
03-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Despite their small capacity, weren't the Cubs supposed to be one of the few franchises to actually turn a profit when baseball released those numbers a year or two ago?

Obviously an undersized park is the reason the Cubs don't win the World Series every year. :D:

voodoochile
03-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I'd bet it has a lot more to do with the constant ripping on Daley and his administration that the Trib does than Daley being a Sox fan. John "don't call me Jack" Kass alone probably probably cost them the right to redo the bleachers and Kass is a huge Sox fan...