6/27 vs Cubs
Sec 148 Row 32

7/19 vs Detroit
Sec 145 Row 24

8/9 vs Oakland
Sec 147 Row 33

9/7 vs Cleveland
Sec 119 Row 23

for some reason on that 9/7 game TM shows seats available in Sec 120 (but row 33)... seems like they wouldve filled that Sec first before going to 119?

Did I do OK? for the most part I am satisfied w/ my seat locations...
Opening Day I'm further down the line than I would prefer but at least I wont be here at the Turd Factory! :D:

dllrbll7
03-13-2003, 11:49 AM
I havent gotten mine yet but i did email them and they responded saying that i got the lower deck reserved seats for all the games except for one vs the Cubs which they put me in the UD. I think that may have been my dollar game but i wont be sure until i get the order back, if it is i am goin to be allittle upset that they didnt give me the same location that i had for all the other games.

voodoochile
03-13-2003, 11:51 AM
I think you are about half way between the end of the dugouts and the foul pole, if memory serves.

As to your question about why someone got better seats than you when they only ordered over the phone, my understanding is that they set aside blocks of seats for the Sox-7 plan purchasers and just fill them from those seats regardless of when the tickets are ordered and what else is available. That way they can fill them whenever they arrive and not worry about certain popular games selling out before they honor the requests. They can also accept Sox-7 orders right up until and including the day individual games go on sale.

cheeses_h_rice
03-13-2003, 12:35 PM
I hope I didn't get screwed by the Sox. I placed my Sox 7 order last Friday, but the charge on my credit card was dated as of Monday. This is after individual tickets when on sale, and the amount charged was for 6 games, not 7, so I assume I didn't get the pair I ordered for one of the Sox/Cubs games. I can also assume that my seat selection is pretty crappy, too. Guess I learned a lesson about waiting so late to pull the trigger....

Sad
03-13-2003, 01:14 PM
youre only supposed to be charged for 6 games as the 7th game is a $1 ticket
then there was a $5 processing fee

so if you ordered 2 lower deck box tix like I did it would be $355
(I think thats what it was anyways... $58*6=$348 +$2 + $5 = $355)

Im not sure what game is the $1 game
all 7 games of my tix have the 29.00 price on them...

TornLabrum
03-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Sad
my SOX-7 tix arrived yesterday :cool:
wondering where everyone else is for SOX-7 or other games-
and if you're happy with what you got?

Opening Day
Sec 112 Row 33

4/26 vs. Twins
Sec 146 Row 30

5/24 vs Detroit
Sec 118 Row 28

6/27 vs Cubs
Sec 148 Row 32

7/19 vs Detroit
Sec 145 Row 24

8/9 vs Oakland
Sec 147 Row 33

9/7 vs Cleveland
Sec 119 Row 23

for some reason on that 9/7 game TM shows seats available in Sec 120 (but row 33)... seems like they wouldve filled that Sec first before going to 119?

Did I do OK? for the most part I am satisfied w/ my seat locations...
Opening Day I'm further down the line than I would prefer but at least I wont be here at the Turd Factory! :D:

By way of comparison, here is what I got. I ordered 2 packages, one of two tickets (for myself and my son), and the other with just one ticket for myself:

4/6 vs. Detroit (1)
Box 119 Row 23

5/19 vs. Toronto (2)
Box 146 Row 18

6/12 vs. San Francisco (1)
Box 146 Row 30

6/16 vs. Boston (2)
Box 147 Row 35

6/27 vs. Cubs (1)
Box 148 Row 30

6/28 vs. Cubs (1)
Box 148 Row 30

6/29 vs. Cubs (1)
Box 118 Row 29

6/30 vs. Minnesota (2)
Box 146 Row 18

7/21 vs. Cleveland (2)
Box 148 Row 27

8/4 vs. Kansas City (1)
Box 119 Row 23

8/10 vs. Oakland (1)
Box 145 Row 30

8/18 vs. Anaheim (2)
Box 118 Row 30

9/8 vs. Minnesota (2)
Box 116 Row 26

9/21 vs. Kansas City (2)
Box 119 Row 23

Sad
03-14-2003, 08:48 AM
looks similar to mine
Im surprised that your 1- seat package didnt get you in the first 15 rows or so of a section... are season ticket holders in these areas as well...

or maybe theyve given the seats closer to the field for the weekend or double-play plans?

ewokpelts
03-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Hey,

I ordered opening day tix off SOXCHARGE, and got 17th row in the UD. But, I was just on ticketbastard, and I requested 19 tix for opening day, and it gave me row 15 in the UD. For ALL 19 tix. So i think they are releasing more tix that were earmarked for groups and season ticket holders, so I'd get my tix now if you havent done so already. Also, if you want better seats than UD, wait till the day of game, or the day before. The sox release player holds as well. That's how I got my tickets for the 2000 ALDS Game 2 tix an hour before game one started...at the ballpark. The same thing happened to me at Wrigl;ey last year for the Sox /minorleague team face off. I had 9th row by going to the ticket window. That same ticket a scapler tried selling me for 100.
Gene

Sad
03-14-2003, 01:09 PM
I checked this morning to see what was still left for opening day,
and looked for 2 best available and it came up with Sec 537 Row 13 UD BOX

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Don't trust ticketmaster to tell you what is still best available. I got into with a tele-ticket person about 2 years ago because on the site they tried telling me that the only thing available for a AA hockey game (4000 is considered a huge crowd and the lower bowl at the place holds something like 10 or 15K) was all the way up on the net end of the rink, but I told her to look again (I backed up my knowledge of ticket availability somehow, but I can't remember how at the moment) and magically tickets at mid-ice a few rows up from the ice appeared.

Granted that was AA hockey, but I have done the same for Sox tickets as well (it's just been awhile since I did that).

dllrbll7
03-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Got my Sox7 today and im allittle dissapointed. I didnt get the Lower Deck for the Sunday Sox/Cubs and the put me in row 24 of the UD. That game was also supposed to be my $1 game but instead they made one of my monday night games the $1 game so they kinda screwed me on that. Here are the seats

4-4 Opening Day
Sec 101 row 21

6-16
102 row 16

7-21
sec 106 row 12

7-27 Scrubs
Sec 100 row 8

7-29 vs Scrubs
Sec 531 row 24

8-4
Sec 103 row 11

8-18
Sec 103 row 12

Im Happy with the rest but the one vs the Scrubs in the UD i am not pleased with. Hope you guys all had better luck.

shbart
03-15-2003, 01:37 PM
I got mine in and same as many of you. I have bleachers for all but the Cub game, which they put me in the low fly zone. Since it's the Cubs, Im there, but I think it's kinda ballsy to downgrade my ticket without asking. Also, I faxed my sheet in about a week before the single games went on sale. There was no confirmation which got me a little woried and when I called a couple days ago before they were sent, it was obvious they couldn't give me a definite about my tickets, just that they would be sent out in the mail...gee, thanks. Sox customer service can and should do better IMO.

voodoochile
03-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Mine finally showed up today. Same place as every year - between the OD circles in the first few rows of UDR (16-18) 4 apiece for

HO s-528, r-17

3 Flubbies games G1 s 530 r17, G2 s535 r18, G3 s528 r16

Minnesota - April 26.s 531 r 17
Fireworks that night. I will try to get two more and take my flubbie fan friends. The whole family all 5 of them - though I still have hopes (probably futile) to save the two youngest boys from the dark hopeless fate that has already claimed the soul of my friend, his wife and their oldest child.

Minnesota, 9/10 s531 r 16

NY Sept 24 s531 r 16
I hope we clinch this day and I always try to see the Yankees every year because in the past they have often been in town around my b-day which always comes around Memorial Day. No home games within a week of my b-day for the first time in years. :(: :(: :(:

Looking forward to a great year!
Go Sox!

dllrbll7
03-17-2003, 02:18 AM
Does anyone know how the row numbering works above the bullpens and the sports bar? is the first row behind it row 1 or is it the like 8 or what not since they just cut those seats out. I only ask because my seats for one game are in that area and im tryin to figure out how far back i am.

Sad
03-18-2003, 12:50 PM
I also bought tix for that 9/24 Yank's game VC, (from TM - after my SOX-7 order came thru...)
got 2 7th row bleacher seats as I wanted something different & it's been about 15 years since Ive sat in the bleachers for a game

yes, that would be nice if we were looking to clinch around then (if we haven't already :smile: )

Foulke You
03-19-2003, 02:37 PM
My tix for the Sox 7 came yesterday and they are all over the place. I requested lower reserved and I got them for 5 of the games including 2 of the Cubs series. The Sunday game agains the Cubs has me in the Upper Deck in the outfield about 6 rows up. The Saturday game versus the Padres has me in the Bleachers for some reason. The note that came with my tickets said that "due to a high demand for White Sox tickets for this 2003 season, we were unable to process your exact seat location request for all of the games."

It seems like most of us didn't get good seats for the Sunday game against the Cubs. I wonder why that particular game is in high demand? Overall, I can't complain but most of my seats are in different sections for every game as compared to years past where I pretty much had the same section for all 7 games. This is encouraging from an attendance standpoint. I have a feeling that if the Sox put together a good year combined with the All Star Game interest, we won't be hearing about attendance because that place is going to be packed!

bc2k
03-19-2003, 03:14 PM
I ordered my Sox 7 plan the Tuesday before individual tickets went on sale and I haven't received them yet. From the previous posts, I will just be happy to get tix for the Saturday/Sunday games vs. the Cubs.

If they tell me that they can't meet my request for the Cubs series, then I'll be forced to pick a different game. Here's hoping I'll trick them into giving my tix for that July 15th game. :gulp:

bc2k
03-19-2003, 11:12 PM
I went with bleachers tickets but also wound up getting shafted into the upper deck for 6/28 (Section 554) and 6/29 (Sec 512).

Sox 7 is a great deal. I paid $75 for 7 games including 2 Cubs games and a fireworks night as my dollar ticket. Already have opening day tickets too and will take advantage of Pepsi 1/2 price Tuesdays for days that Buehrle and Colon pitch.

The only downside of this deal is paying $13 dollars every game for parking. Does anyone know of cheaper parking? I would gladly walk a couple of blocks to save a few bucks. If only the Metra had a stop at 35th...

doublem23
03-20-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

The only downside of this deal is paying $13 dollars every game for parking. Does anyone know of cheaper parking? I would gladly walk a couple of blocks to save a few bucks. If only the Metra had a stop at 35th...

Depends on where you're coming from, you could always grab the Union Pacific Northwest Line (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/cnw_nw.html#MAP). The stop you want is Jefferson Park (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/jefferson_park.html). There's a CTA Blue Line stop at the same station, so you can catch an inbound BL train to downtown, transfer to the Red and be at USCF in a few minutes.

That, or just find street parking. Not too hard. I've done that before and its worth the $13 to walk a few extra blocks, IMO.

dllrbll7
03-20-2003, 03:50 AM

Not to be the bearer of bad news but i believe parking was raised to $15 per game this year. Thats what I paid with the Sox7 so i assume thats what the parking price will be.

bc2k
03-20-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Depends on where you're coming from, you could always grab the Union Pacific Northwest Line (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/cnw_nw.html#MAP). The stop you want is Jefferson Park (http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_nw/jefferson_park.html). There's a CTA Blue Line stop at the same station, so you can catch an inbound BL train to downtown, transfer to the Red and be at USCF in a few minutes.

That, or just find street parking. Not too hard. I've done that before and its worth the $13 to walk a few extra blocks, IMO.

I'm coming from the southside so that doesn't help me. But it was awfully nice of you to take the time to look that up for me. :smile:

Foulke You
03-20-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm coming from the southside so that doesn't help me. But it was awfully nice of you to take the time to look that up for me. :smile:

If you can find your way to a red line "L" stop either by driving or walking, you can take it directly to the "Sox 35th" station which lets you off right next to the park. This is how I get to every Sox game. $1.50 CTA train ride is better than $15 for parking.

ewokpelts
03-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey,

Go to the CTA'S website (www.transitchicago.com) fo the best way to the park from where u live. I take the orange line to Roosevelt,and then take either the Red Line or The Green Line. Bothstop at35th, althogh the green line stops further east. The red line is less than a block awayfrom the park. Both trains stop n the loop a well so if you ca get to the loop via pace/metra, that'll work too
Gene