PDA

View Full Version : Journalist Blacklist

MRKARNO
03-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Blacklist of journalists on the internet, in papers or otherwise who are most certainly anti-White Sox. Don't bother with any journalist writing from Minnesota, Detroit, KC or Cleveland.

I'll start the list:

Jeff Perlman-SI
Teddy Greenstein-Chicago Tribune
Jay Mariotti-Chicago Sun Times

jeremyb1
03-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Blacklist of journalists on the internet, in papers or otherwise who are most certainly anti-White Sox. Don't bother with any journalist writing from Minnesota, Detroit, KC or Cleveland.

I'll start the list:

Jeff Perlman-SI
Teddy Greenstein-Chicago Tribune
Jay Mariotti-Chicago Sun Times

greenstein is a beat writer. he's not a columnist so he doesn't even express his opinions. the complaints i've heard about him are ridiculous in my opinion.

doublem23
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
greenstein is a beat writer. he's not a columnist so he doesn't even express his opinions. the complaints i've heard about him are ridiculous in my opinion.

Sullivan was only a beat writer too, but he was a ****nut.

LuvSox
03-12-2003, 04:57 PM
What about television? That hump Giangreco can suck on it. :dennis "Marky G. makes about as much sense as a Christmas ham at Sammy Davis jr.'s house, cha-cha"

jeremyb1
03-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Sullivan was only a beat writer too, but he was a ****nut.

i didn't like sullivan's writing all the time and he had an attitude when he did "ask paul sullivan" but other than that it wasn't too bad.

MRKARNO
03-13-2003, 12:34 AM
I say journalist and not columnist for that reason. Even reporters can be biased too.

Brian26
03-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
What about television? That hump Giangreco can suck on it

Just read in Feder's column that Eric Goodman is leaving town after his Fox Sports contract expires. That's a good thing, because he was nothing but a stroke in 2000 when he did the Sox pre and post. Partying in the Sox lockerroom with Gail Fisher like he just won the F***ing pennant. Get a life, poser.

WhiteSox = Life
03-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Goodman has always seemed like a Flubbie Fan to me. I prefer Damon Andrews for pretty much any pre- or post-game show, despite his SportsCenter catch-phrases.

Eric, continue doing the Cubs shows with Mike Bielecki. I'd much rather watch Damon Andrews and Beltin' Bill Melton!

jeremyb1
03-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I say journalist and not columnist for that reason. Even reporters can be biased too.

journalists can't be overtly biased without being fired. i've heard no realistic charges of bias on greenstein's part or sullivans for that matter. if such legitimate accusations exist i'd love to hear them. all i've heard so far is people complaining because greenstein has reported stories that do not portray the sox in a positive light. this is not greenstein's fault it is various members of the team's fault. people are sitting here trying to argue that greenstein is to blame for reporting frank's comments at the beginning of spring training. that's absurd.

LuvSox
03-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Eric, continue doing the Cubs shows with Mike Bielecki. I'd much rather watch Damon Andrews and Beltin' Bill Melton! Right On! :)

TornLabrum
03-14-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Goodman has always seemed like a Flubbie Fan to me. I prefer Damon Andrews for pretty much any pre- or post-game show, despite his SportsCenter catch-phrases.

Eric, continue doing the Cubs shows with Mike Bielecki. I'd much rather watch Damon Andrews and Beltin' Bill Melton!

I just turn the sound down and listen to Dave Wills.

duke of dorwood
03-14-2003, 10:52 PM
Except for Julie S, blacklist AM 670