PDA

View Full Version : Bud Selig Must Go ......

Hangar18
03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Valposoxfan just brought it up in another thread.....thought id bring it up over here. He needs to go. He is not good for Baseball....

Hangar18
03-12-2003, 03:20 PM
heres a reason:

1. Getting involved and being "furious" at the sox for their anti-steroids stance

2. Leting the D'backs decide what League they wanted to be in.

34rancher
03-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
heres a reason:

1. Getting involved and being "furious" at the sox for their anti-steroids stance

2. Leting the D'backs decide what League they wanted to be in.

I don't know I thought this sealed it with me from yesterday's Suntimes quoting Bud

''Every change to Wrigley Field impacts both preservation issues and the ability of the Cubs to field a winning team."

Gee is that what the problem is going to be? Then what was his reason for the past century?

npdempse
03-12-2003, 11:39 PM
I agree that Selig is in many ways horrible (even if it has possibly benefitted the Sox), but I don't foresee anybody any better taking the job. Wouldn't his next replacement just be somebody supported by some other faction of owners--with all the media owners now, the new commish could be Michael Eisner.

When has there ever been a decent baseball commisioner? Selig really seems pretty benign, compared to history. He's not banning guys, and his favoritism is at least slightly veiled.

An independent commish would be the bee's knees, but it ain't happening.

Daver
03-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by npdempse

An independent commish would be the bee's knees, but it ain't happening.

I am all for MLB installing an autonomous commisioner,I nominate Jesse Ventura,will anyone second the nomination?

fuzzy_patters
03-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by daver
I am all for MLB installing an autonomous commisioner,I nominate Jesse Ventura,will anyone second the nomination?

I nominate Carlton Fisk.

Daver
03-13-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
I nominate Carlton Fisk.

That would not be an autonomous commisioner,but it would be interesting.

:)

Tavarin
03-13-2003, 12:41 AM
I nominate the completely biased staff of White Sox Interactive. Or the restaurant, you decide

Hangar18
03-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by npdempse

When has there ever been a decent baseball commisioner? Selig really seems pretty benign, compared to history. He's not banning guys, and his favoritism is at least slightly veiled.

Hmmm, Giamatti and Fay Vincent come to mind quickly. Let it be known that the Lovable Cubs Ran Vincent out of office...why? Because he was going to move them to the Western Division remember that? and the Cubs reason all those years ago? "were going to lose our fan base and Competitiveness".
isnt it funny how History sometimes repeats Itself? (today, cubs saying "w/o bleachers, they wont be Competitive")

fuzzy_patters
03-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by daver
That would not be an autonomous commisioner,but it would be interesting.

:)

What prevents Fisk from ruling autonomously?

czalgosz
03-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
What prevents Fisk from ruling autonomously?

His MLBPA membership, for one...

voodoochile
03-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
I nominate the completely biased staff of White Sox Interactive. Or the restaurant, you decide

I like it. Then we could force Reinsdorf out the way Marge Schott was forced out a bunch of years ago.