PDA

View Full Version : cubbie delusions

jortafan
03-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Here's another example of someone with way too much free time and money on their hands.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2915686901&category=1%20469

Wouldn't it be cool if they got to watch a White Sox world series at their Cubby Bear party? Or am I engaged in the same delusions?

FanOf14
03-12-2003, 11:27 AM
I am surprised that ebay hasn't already stopped the auction...

Hangar18
03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
what an idiot. SO apparently, he thinks the Goat has nothing to do with whats happened to that team for a century? heh heh..
CURSE ONCE INFLICTED, CAN NEVER BE LIFTED (at least Im told by experts that it is 1,000 years, and the cubs are barely 100 into this hahahahahahaha. saps) this dude just wants to Cub Loving Media to mention this on Espn, and Usa Today. Pure Media Grab.

Foulke You
03-12-2003, 12:02 PM
What is even more sad is that there have been 42 bids on this auction. Fools. Wouldn't it be sweet if they had to watch the Sox play the Cards in the World Series? A Cub fan nightmare gathering. :D:

MetalliSox
03-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Why is a Sox fan looking up Cubs stuff on ebay? :o:

jortafan
03-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Why is a Sox fan looking up Cubs stuff on ebay? :o:

It was pointed out to me by someone who is a Cubs fan who thought it was soooooo cute. I figured you people would be able to appreciate its tackiness.

southpaw40
03-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
what an idiot. SO apparently, he thinks the Goat has nothing to do with whats happened to that team for a century? heh heh..
CURSE ONCE INFLICTED, CAN NEVER BE LIFTED (at least Im told by experts that it is 1,000 years, and the cubs are barely 100 into this hahahahahahaha. saps) this dude just wants to Cub Loving Media to mention this on Espn, and Usa Today. Pure Media Grab.
Where can I find something in writing about the curse of the goat on the Cubs? I have a standing bet with a friend of mine that this actually happened, but I can't prove it!

Sad
03-12-2003, 01:04 PM
ahhhhh the old Billy Goat Tavern
:gulp:
cheeseborger cheeseborger cheeseborger

go here for more info on Da Curse:

http://mv.sherrard.us/headley/Curse.htm

RKMeibalane
03-12-2003, 01:18 PM
You've got to be kidding me. I've never understood why e-bay allows people to auction off whatever they want. I once heard from a friend that someone was selling human eyes.

dllrbll7
03-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Anyone take a look at his other auctions? He had one selling the rights to his dog with boxing gloves on it saying he was going to become a boxer or something and the winner would take all the profits. I cant believe people actually buy bid on this stuff.

FanOf14
03-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
You've got to be kidding me. I've never understood why e-bay allows people to auction off whatever they want. I once heard from a friend that someone was selling human eyes.

That's a big no-no. Some pitcher was trying to sell elbow bone chips for charity and it was taken down by ebay.

Hangar18
03-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Sad
ahhhhh the old Billy Goat Tavern
:gulp:
cheeseborger cheeseborger cheeseborger

go here for more info on Da Curse:

http://mv.sherrard.us/headley/Curse.htm

This writer forgets, that the Damn Goat HAS BEEN back to Wrigley, to supposedly "lift" the curse. When it was being done, it was all tongue-in-cheek, Feel good, CubbyFluff for the Media, whom of Course ate it up and then some. They brought that goat back on numerous occasions, marched it around the field, had it sit at home plate, gave it good seats, HEHEH but the Cubs Still LOST. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Fools, they can bring that goat back 40 more times, and it wont lift the curse .....BECAUSE CURSE ONCE INFLICTED CAN NEVER BE LIFTED. cub fans dont get it do they???

Sad
03-12-2003, 01:41 PM
yeah I think there are more detailed articles at the tavern itself...
but you can't actually read them due to years of accumulated grease smudge and cigarette smoke :D:

that joint is somewhat chaotic... yet interesting

Dan H
03-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Just seeing the name Chicago Cubs in the same phrase with the words World Series made me laugh. I have always said you can make a lot of money selling deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge outside Wrigley Field. The e-bay auction has the idea down pat, just in a different form.

LuvSox
03-12-2003, 05:17 PM
In 1969 on the day I was born, Ken Holtzman threw a no-hitter for the Cubs. Shortly thereafter the famous 1969 swoon started. Can I take credit for some strange curse? :D:

Blueprint1
03-12-2003, 07:24 PM
The best team in the 1980's to win a world series I would say was the 1984 tigers. they were unstopable their pitchings was SOOOOOO good. There is no way that the Cubs would have won that world series even if they did make it there.

czalgosz
03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Didn't they go something like 40-5 to start the season?

After that, Sparky Anderson was just adjusting his rotation for the playoffs.

voodoochile
03-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Oh come on, you folks think too small...

All we need is 50 people with $20-25 apiece and we get...

1)A party filled with Sox fans to watch the WS at the flubbie bear.

2)1.6 games apiece in box seats at Comiskey park (everyone gets one game and the other 30 go into a hat). Wouldn't it be cool to make this jamoke buy a Sox season ticket for 2004.

3)The right to blow up "Bobby" right in front of this loser's face after getting royally slammed at the flubbie bear party (Daver, you are in charge of the explosives). We do get Bobby, right? Am I reading that wrong. Seems a tad confusing. Either way, it would be totally delicious when he realizes he has been taken to the cleaners by Sox fans living large off of his misery.

Either way, I've got my President Jackson buring a hole in my pocket. We cannot lose. This is the flubbies we are talking about...

This offer is made by me, VoodooChile (AKA Jim). It is in no way connected to WSI in any way shape or form.

Who's in?

SouthSideHitman
03-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Even better, they're only 48 years into it. :D:

Sad
03-13-2003, 10:12 AM
I heard North on the Score yesterday talking with some guy down in Memphis? who has some beer drinking goats he claims are mystical and will bring the Cubs a World Series if they let him bring them in the park....

not just your average tin can-eating dairy goat mind you...

ummmmm whatever you say pal...

HEY BEAVIS! - maybe they'd take a dump when they got to right field :o:
:b&b
UHHHHHHHHHHHHH HUH HUH HUH HUH
MMMMHHH HEH HEH HEH YEAH
HEH HEH THAT'D BE COOOOL!

Iwritecode
03-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

2)1.6 games apiece in box seats at Comiskey park (everyone gets one game and the other 30 go into a hat). Wouldn't it be cool to make this jamoke buy a Sox season ticket for 2004.

3)The right to blow up "Bobby" right in front of this loser's face after getting royally slammed at the flubbie bear party (Daver, you are in charge of the explosives). We do get Bobby, right? Am I reading that wrong. Seems a tad confusing. Either way, it would be totally delicious when he realizes he has been taken to the cleaners by Sox fans living large off of his misery.

Either way, I've got my President Jackson buring a hole in my pocket. We cannot lose. This is the flubbies we are talking about...

This offer is made by me, VoodooChile (AKA Jim). It is in no way connected to WSI in any way shape or form.

Who's in?

That's not a bad idea. Considering there's only about 30 hours left though, we might have a difficult time finding 48 more people to join in...

voodoochile
10-22-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Who's in?

I've been looking for this thread. Don't you guys wish we had made a bid? :D:

ode to veeck
10-22-2003, 10:54 PM
I am surprised that ebay hasn't already stopped the auction...

Either Ebay did or the guy withdrew, no longer a valid item in tehir database

voodoochile
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Either Ebay did or the guy withdrew, no longer a valid item in tehir database

The auction closed within a week of this thread starting or even sooner than that, so it wouldn't still be listed.

ode to veeck
10-22-2003, 11:00 PM
nope, it should still be listed as a completed auction for 30 days after the close, its not listed means it got killed--cept I didn't bother to check on the date of the original post --yikes you're right, ancient history

woodenleg
10-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Could someone fill us in about this auction?

voodoochile
10-23-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by woodenleg
Could someone fill us in about this auction?

Basically, they guy was auctioning off a party at the Cubbie Bear and some other stuff (Charitable Donations), but there was a long story about his flubbie bobblehead doll (Bobbie the Bobbinhead doll) which supposedly had been lost several times in history each time just as the flubbies were "about to clinch the pennant" 1969, 1984, 1989, 1998. Each time something happened late in the season and Bobbie got lost or stolen - only to turn up days or even years later. This year the auctioners son found Bobbie packed away and asked to bring Bobbie out and get the flubs the pennant.

So they bolted a clear plastic box to the mantel and locked Bobbie inside it. This is not a joke.

The auction was that if the flubs win the pennant, you get invited to his WS party at the Cubbie Bear. If the Cubs don't win the pennant, than you get to throw a party for 50 friends at the bar of your choice and he will take all the money you bid to win the auction and donate it to flubs charities. There was also some other stuff. I don't actually think you got to blow up Bobbie unfortunately. I think the winning bid was around $2K, IIRC.

Jess1210
10-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Did anyone see earlier this summer when a frustrated Yankees fan put Jeff Weaver up for sale on Ebay? It was hilarious! It got removed after a couple days, but some of the things the guy wrote about Weaver were great.

RichH55
10-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Jess1210
Did anyone see earlier this summer when a frustrated Yankees fan put Jeff Weaver up for sale on Ebay? It was hilarious! It got removed after a couple days, but some of the things the guy wrote about Weaver were great.

And the yankees being the yankees He still got more than when Rick Aguilera was put on Ebay