PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV

TimChamp
03-11-2003, 08:59 AM
This is pretty kewl that they finally have baseball games on the web...

FREE MLB.TV WEBCASTS THIS SPRING

3/14 | 3:05 p.m. | Cubs at White Sox | FSC

Here's the link to the whole article:

Watch live games on MLB.TV (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030311&content_id=216155&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp)

Champ out...

TheBigHurt
03-11-2003, 10:41 AM
i wonder how much of a delay there is???

Dadawg_77
03-11-2003, 10:49 AM
yeah for those outside Chicago, it is $80 for the whole year,I think that is cheaper then MLB extra innings.

pudge
03-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
yeah for those outside Chicago, it is $80 for the whole year,I think that is cheaper then MLB extra innings.

Extra Innings is only about $50 more, and the quality of the Web TV is probably going to be terrible... but hey, at least the technology is slowly coming around. The real benefit would be if you could watch archived games at a later time, but that would probably consume insane amounts of server space.

pudge
03-11-2003, 01:49 PM
Okay, the article claims there will be archived games available. And the demo on the site is amazingly clear. Plus, you can order month-by-month... this could really be worth checking out. Thanks for the heads up Champ.

kevingrt
03-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Acutally from watching a couple games last year, this is incredibly kool!

TimChamp
03-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Okay, the article claims there will be archived games available. And the demo on the site is amazingly clear. Plus, you can order month-by-month... this could really be worth checking out. Thanks for the heads up Champ.

No problem, it was ALL OVER the White Sox website, so, it was only a matter of time before somebody else posted it...I just happened to have an 8:00 class in the morning and I like to read White Sox articles before I got to my classes...Nothing like starting and ending the day off with White Sox...Just win baby (as somebody here says)...

Champ out...

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-11-2003, 10:28 PM
very nice video quality, but my cable connection has been laggy lately. it can't stream video that well anymore :( it was slow with mlb.tv today and with espn motion.

TheBigHurt
03-11-2003, 10:31 PM
many people would prefer MLB.TV since the MLB.TV thing would carry every sox game on MLB EXTRA INNINGS you may only get 3 a week...id still rather watching SOX games on tv....BUT THATS JUST ME

TimChamp
03-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
many people would prefer MLB.TV since the MLB.TV thing would carry every sox game on MLB EXTRA INNINGS you may only get 3 a week...id still rather watching SOX games on tv....BUT THATS JUST ME

Yeah, me too, but stupid WCIU games are not on down here in Urbana... :whiner:

Champ out...

Dadawg_77
03-11-2003, 11:05 PM

That could be done, just hook up your PC to your TV.

jeremyb1
03-11-2003, 11:18 PM

yeah. i think there are more games on mlb.tv but it says in the fine print you won't get saturday day games, sunday evening games, wednesday night games, or games against any team in your market. that's still pretty good though.

i would definately be all over this if i had a better connection.

pudge
03-12-2003, 01:54 PM

MLB does claim 45 games a week, whereas DirecTv claims 35 games a week... I think the real issue for me is, are the Wednesday night ESPN blackouts archived so that I can watch them later? What sucks right now about Extra Innings is that I can never see Wednesday night games or Saturday day games (because of ESPN and Fox blackout rules). I may give this a shot for a month just to see how it is. Plus, I could watch day games while at work, woo hoo!

chisox06
03-12-2003, 11:57 PM
few questions. Who is the announce team? I have a hard time believing that Hawk and DJ would be on it and the demo showed no score board in the corner with outs, count, inning etc.

TimChamp
03-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by chisox06
few questions. Who is the announce team? I have a hard time believing that Hawk and DJ would be on it and the demo showed no score board in the corner with outs, count, inning etc.

Well, one way to find out would be to watch the broadcast this Friday :D:

But it's probably not Hawk and DJ, could be some MLB.com guys...but that I would like to know...I'll see what I can do for ya on that one...

Champ out...

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by chisox06

Well, according to the e-mail I got from them, they said whatever channel carrying the broadcast locally will be the same broadcast on MLB.TV...so my guess is Hawk and DJ will do some of the broadcasts...

Don't forget to watch the White Sox game on MLB.TV today - White Sox vs. ScRubs - 2:05 PM CT!!!

Check this out...pretty cool picture they have:

Watch MLB.TV (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/video/mlb_gameday_video_gamepage.jsp?gamepage=tv_031403_ chncha)

Champ out...

FanOf14
03-14-2003, 02:26 PM
This sucks. I am in the blackzone whether I am at work or home...I was hoping to put it on at work to catch a little of the game from time to time. Oh well.

TimChamp
03-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
This sucks. I am in the blackzone whether I am at work or home...I was hoping to put it on at work to catch a little of the game from time to time. Oh well.

Yeah, I just realized that if you are in the "local" area, the broadcast will be blacked out...that sucks...

Champ out...

fuzzy_patters
03-15-2003, 12:18 AM
My cable company doesn't get FSC. My landlord won't allow a dish, and I live in the blackout zone. I guess I'm still screwed.

dllrbll7
03-15-2003, 01:56 PM
I cant believe they actually block the games if its in the area because they still have all the comercials that the tv does. This is perfect though for all of us college kids tryin to keep up on the action. The picture was awesome so i think i will definately try it out for a month.

dllrbll7
03-16-2003, 01:47 PM
I just turned on the Mets/Dodgers game live from mexico and the picture is just as good and fast as it was when i watched the tape of the sox and cubs from mlbtv. This is awesome!

TimChamp
03-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I just turned on the Mets/Dodgers game live from mexico and the picture is just as good and fast as it was when i watched the tape of the sox and cubs from mlbtv. This is awesome!

Good to hear, unfortunately, I have not had the chance to check out an actual game, but this is definitely a kewl thing...

Champ out...