PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox vs. Rockies Game Thread 3-9-03

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Again, no radio feed... but so far it's 3-1 Rockies, Top 3.

Gil Heredia got tagged for 3 runs in the top of the first. Brad Hawpe hit a HR.

the Sox answered back in the bottom frame with a run.

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Top 5, still 3-1...

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Top 6

3-1 Rockies

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 10:36 PM
Jose Hernandez hits a HR off Arnie Munoz and Colorado scores 6 in the top of the 7th.

Colorado leads 9-1 (yikes)

End of the 7th

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Colorado scores another 2 runs in the top of the 8th.

Sox counter with 4 runs in the bottom of the frame (yeah guys, you can score too...)

11-5 Colorado leads going to the top of the 9th.

doublem23
03-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Jose Hernandez hits a HR off Arnie Munoz and Colorado scores 6 in the top of the 7th.

Looks like its back to the minors for Munoz.

Unregistered
03-09-2003, 11:25 PM
FINAL 11-7 ROCKIES

Crede hits a 2-Run shot in the bottom of the Ninth.

3 Losses in a row drop the Sox to a 6-6 Spring record.

WP - DARREN OLIVER (2-0)
LP - GIL HEREDIA (0-1)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
- - - - - - - - - - - -
COLORADO ......3 0 0 0 0 0 6 2 0 .....11 12 2
CHI WHITE SOX 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 2 .....7 9 0

HOME RUNS:
COL - BRAD HAWPE (2) OFF GIL HEREDIA IN THE 1ST
JOSE HERNANDEZ (1) OFF ARNALDO MUNOZ IN THE 7TH

CHA - JOE CREDE (2) OFF CHIN-HUI TSAO IN THE 9TH

Tavarin
03-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Well, nice to see that Credes doing better, but still a bad pitching day

TimChamp
03-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Here's the box score...an interesting thing I found on there...both of the base runners that tried to steal were caught stealing...then I looked at the catchers for today's game and was shocked to find out that Alomar and Paul were the catchers for the game...So who could have possibly have thrown out all those base runners??? :?:

If I had to bet, I would put my money on Alomar...since no matter how low both Alomar's and Paul's Caught Stealing % is, Alomar is higher than Josh's by far...then again, they could have each caught one base runner or even more surprising would be if Josh gunned both of them down...it's also possible that the runners took off, the pitchers saw them and threw it to the base (which would count as a caught stealing and not a pick off)...the possibilities are almost endless... :D:

Box Score (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=230309004)

Champ out to study more of the possibilities to see if they really are endless...

fuzzy_patters
03-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Normally, I don't get concerned when pitchers struggle in Spring Training, but it doesn't look good for Munoz to make the team. He should be way ahead of everyobdy right now because of all the winter ball he played this year, but instead he is struggling against guys who are still getting their timing down.

Unregistered
03-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Here's the AP recap:
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Mark Sweeney's two-run triple keyed a sixth-run seventh inning as the Colorado Rockies beat the Chicago White Sox 11-7 in a split-squad game Sunday night.

Brad Hawpe added a two-run homer for the Rockies, who also beat the Mariners 19-6 earlier in the day. The White Sox dropped their afternoon game to the Athletics 5-3.

Darren Oliver (2-0) worked four innings to get the win for the Rockies.

Gil Heredia, who is bidding for the fifth spot in Chicago's rotation after sitting out last season, had a rough outing. Heredia (0-1) gave up all three of his runs in the first inning. He allowed five hits and struck out five in four innings.

Jon Rauch, also bidding for the fifth spot, didn't fare much better. He allowed two runs and three hits in 2 1-3 innings.

Colorado took an early 3-0 lead, thanks to Hawpe's homer in the first inning. Jose Valentin scored on a fielding error to cut it to 3-1, but the Rockies sealed the game with their big seventh inning.

The White Sox rallied with six runs in the last two innings, including Joe Crede's second homer of the spring. But it wasn't enough to overcome the Rockies.
Copyright 2003, The Associated Press They're kind of pitching themselves out of the rotation, eh?

TimChamp
03-10-2003, 11:43 AM
From the looks of it, Loaiza's doing pretty good out there...to me, I thought that Heredia had NO CHANCE of making the team, I mean he had a 4.11 (?) ERA in the Mexican league? Come on, even our minor leaguers can do better than that...

I just think they invited Heredia for one reason and one reason only: competition...I really have not seen too much out of Rauch either that impresses me; while from the limited action I've seen from Loaiza in the past, I always liked the guy...hopefully he can get a spot on the team...

Champ out...