PDA

View Full Version : opening day tix

ewokpelts
03-09-2003, 06:35 PM
hey all,
I was just on ticketbastard, and they have 19 tix(max allowed to search) for the home opener...al in row 19 of sec 522...yet, when i click for just one ticket, i get one in sec 540, row 26. go figure. I'll wait till tomorrow and order them off the soxcharge line.
Gene

doublem23
03-09-2003, 07:08 PM
What? The Sox don't use Ticketmaster any more. Well, unless they went back to them, but last year they used tickets.com with their infernal machines at Sears locations.

dllrbll7
03-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
What? The Sox don't use Ticketmaster any more. Well, unless they went back to them, but last year they used tickets.com with their infernal machines at Sears locations.

They did go back to ticketmaster this year.

doublem23
03-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
They did go back to ticketmaster this year.

Argh! Well... I don't know. Ticketmaster blows, but tickets.com was a real pain in the ass last year, too. At least with Ticketmaster, I can just drive over to the HIP and get tickets from the people at Carson's, as opposed to tickets.com with their crappy ATM-style machines they put up at Sears.

Those damn things nearly cost me the chance to see Robin Ventura make his first appearance at the park formerly known as Comiskey since departing in '98.

voodoochile
03-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
hey all,
I was just on ticketbastard, and they have 19 tix(max allowed to search) for the home opener...al in row 19 of sec 522...yet, when i click for just one ticket, i get one in sec 540, row 26. go figure. I'll wait till tomorrow and order them off the soxcharge line.
Gene

Those are all UD reserved seats and 522 is way down the line while 540 is almost behind the OD circle. I am surprised it isn't a sell out yet with Bartolo probably starting...

Sad
03-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Im not a TicketMaster fan, but at least they can handle the volume
when I tried for tix on the north side for the SOX game (or anything else) the system choked... either a gateway timeout or an endless virtual waiting room with a counter... :angry:

I finally was able to find seats at about 4PM (obviously the SOX tix were long gone)

you think Bartolo will start our home opener?
I figured him to pitch in one of the KC games... hope I'm wrong

I just hope it's a dry and semi-decent day
man I can't wait!!!!!
Steak Pitas GAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH <drool>

Juan Pizarro
03-10-2003, 10:45 AM
What makes you think Colon will start?

According to the slate, it should be the No. 4 starter: Wright, if he's ready to go.

34 Inch Stick
03-10-2003, 12:06 PM
I love late afternoon Friday games. It's a great way to start off the weekend. You don't have to leave work until 2, which is like taking no time off.

I bought Opening Day and Friday Cubs.

Sad
03-10-2003, 12:57 PM
I also assumed it would be the #4 guy, but somebody in an earlier post said they thought Colon would start...

?

perhaps they erroneously thought opening day at Comiskey was opening day for the season?

I also scored some tix for that 6/27 game
(that'll be my first day of vac for the holiday week and what better way to start it?)

and then 4/26, 5/24, 7/19, 8/9, 9/7

man I'm ready! :smile:

voodoochile
03-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Sad
I also assumed it would be the #4 guy, but somebody in an earlier post said they thought Colon would start...

?

perhaps they erroneously thought opening day at Comiskey was opening day for the season?

Oh just tell it like it is: VC put his keyboard in his mouth AGAIN!

Mea culpa...

What I meant was with all the hype surrounding this team since they signed Bartolo I am surprised the game isn't a sell out...

Yeah, that's the ticket...

:)

ewokpelts
03-10-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Those are all UD reserved seats and 522 is way down the line while 540 is almost behind the OD circle. I am surprised it isn't a sell out yet with Bartolo probably starting...

Voodoo,

I know where sec 522 and 540 are...I just found it odd, that you can get 19tickets in row 19, yet when you search for just one ticket, you get row 28...like they cant spare a ticket in row 19, eh?
Gene

voodoochile
03-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Voodoo,

I know where sec 522 and 540 are...I just found it odd, that you can get 19tickets in row 19, yet when you search for just one ticket, you get row 28...like they cant spare a ticket in row 19, eh?
Gene

The search engine for best available seats goes up to the top then out to the next section. So from its perspective, the better seat is the one that is closer to home, but higher up. As a result, they have to move you way down the line for a large group because the HO has already sold a lot of tickets, but if you only want one ticket, they can squeeze you into a "better section" much closer to the plate, just higher up.

This is even true at the ball park when you buy your tickets as a walkup. If you ask them to get you closer to the field, you may have to only move a couple of sections away from home plate to get much lower in the UD. I always have to ask to sit lower and further out and the person selling the tickets always looks at me like I've gone completely mad and asked them to conjure up a pink elephant with a purple unicorn horn and a green tutu. Eventually they get it done, but not before giving me some of the nastiest looks...

One time they had seats right behind home (section 533) but it was in row 30. I asked to move out and lower and they put me in row 16 in section 537 (OH NO HOW WILL EVER SEE?) For UD reserved, it is a bad system. In fact often people fall into the trap of buying UD box seats in row 15 way down the line when they can sit in UD reserved (for $4 less) right behind the batters box in row 16. It's just a bad system and it always pays off to ask for UDR or buy at the park instead of using ticketmaster for games with a sold out lower deck and a solid UD crowd...

ewokpelts
03-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Voodoo,

You're practically on the mark with that one. I've gotten nasty looks from ticket agents when I ask for aisle seats, or lower rows. Strangely enough, when I go to Carson's ticketbastard, they never shoot me dirty looks when I ask for better seats.

The sox's system isnt that bad if you know what ur doing. When I bought my season tix this year, I had my ticket rep moving down the bleachers combing for better seats. I ended up with 4th row in sec 164. While there were better seats available in secs 159-163, he couldnt open them cuz there were odd numbers of tix together(i.e. 5 together, ect) But it could be worse. I'm near the new center field area now.
Gene