PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad I'm not the only one...


TimChamp
03-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Who felt the way I did after that broadcast yesterday of the ScRubs game against the Sox...

Mike Downey has my exact feelings written down on this article...except maybe for the hope for the ScRubs...

Here's my favorite line:

You turn on WGN on a Saturday afternoon. Something is different. It is not an episode of "Xena" or "Beastmaster." It is not even the Illinois State Lottery. Oh, look, it's an even bigger long shot. It's the Cubs and the White Sox.

At least it's supposed to be the Cubs and the Sox. They keep mentioning the Cubs part. "Cubs baseball is on the air." "Cubs baseball is brought to you by " "Thanks, Chip. It's a beautiful day here in Arizona. The Cubs are 3-6 so far in the preseason "

A guy would need a Geiger counter to find the Sox on this field. Look, is that one, behind that cactus? That could be one, in front of that hot babe in Row 3. WGN's camera lenses still love to zoom in on attractive women in the stands. (Sometimes watching a Cubs game on TV feels like watching a "Girls Gone Wild!" video.)

Here's the link to the article...Check it out...

Hope springs anually for Cubs, Sox fans (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-030308downey,1,7116033.column?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Duti lity)


Champ out...

MarkEdward
03-09-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
Who felt the way I did after that broadcast yesterday of the ScRubs game against the Sox...


Uh, you do realize that it was a Cubs' broadcast, right? It's obviously going to be a little biased.

LuvSox
03-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Bias aside, it showed just how moronic that franchise is. Oh, it's nice to see woman now and then, but it is a ballgame and it does look like "Girls Gone Wild" most of the time. Woo Woo, on the other hand, should crawl back into his Maytag box on lower Wacker. ( I'm not picking on the homeless, just Cub fans.)

TimChamp
03-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Uh, you do realize that it was a Cubs' broadcast, right? It's obviously going to be a little biased.

Well, no, I'm just saying, I don't think our broadcasts are THAT BIASED...nothing compares to the bias in that game...I mean, at least we show stupid ScRubs fans in our telecast...At least I think so, am I wrong here or what??? Like Downey said, there was that inning (I think the 9th) where they were talking so much about Borowski, that they didn't mention even ONE of the White Sox batters...and I wanted to know who those guys were...

I have just never seen such utter disrespect for the opposing team on a broadcast...but then again, what do you expect from a Chimp and a Stone doing a broadcast...(Although Stone did do a LITTLE better than he has in the past - which shocked me)...


Champ out to find out the IQ of a Chimp and a Stone combined...

WhiteSox = Life
03-09-2003, 06:35 PM
(He's Baaack, For Now, Anyway)

Originally posted by TimChamp
Well, no, I'm just saying, I don't think our broadcasts are THAT BIASED...nothing compares to the bias in that game...I mean, at least we show stupid ScRubs fans in our telecast...At least I think so, am I wrong here or what??? Like Downey said, there was that inning (I think the 9th) where they were talking so much about Borowski, that they didn't mention even ONE of the White Sox batters...and I wanted to know who those guys were...

I have just never seen such utter disrespect for the opposing team on a broadcast...but then again, what do you expect from a Chimp and a Stone doing a broadcast...(Although Stone did do a LITTLE better than he has in the past - which shocked me)...


Champ out to find out the IQ of a Chimp and a Stone combined...

Chimp wasn't as overbearing and annoying as he usually is (and actually I would've preferred to hear him talk instead of those ditzes that came in during the 3rd or 4th inning). Since I never listened to Stone, all I have to say is that he was all right.

Downey's article was very good as I've enjoyed everything that I've read of his so far.

Regarding the unnamed White Sox players in the 9th, it didn't really bother me, because if they were making good strides, they'd be mentioned. Then again, some people are more into the minor leagues than I am.

I don't think that there was utter disrespect for the White Sox, their players or the team, in general. It was a WGN CUBS broadcast with CUBS announcers talking to CUBS fans about CUBS stuff. All I know is I can't wait to hear Hawk and DJ again.

Finally, I just want to say that the IQ of a Chimp and a Stone combined is probably 21.

TimChamp
03-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life

Finally, I just want to say that the IQ of a Chimp and a Stone combined is probably 21.


LOL! The results that I found were inconclusive, but that could very well be true...

Champ out to get some real work done after that monkey business...

kevingrt
03-09-2003, 06:57 PM
The whole advertising for the game was all Flubs stuff. They did not mention one time about the Sox except "Scrubs play Sox" that's it. I still wonder if they only think one team is around in this city?

WhiteSox = Life
03-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp
LOL! The results that I found were inconclusive, but that could very well be true...

Champ out to get some real work done after that monkey business...

Now, were the results really inconclusive or did you not even bother to do the test?

:smile:

voodoochile
03-09-2003, 07:15 PM
The one that got me was when Stone pointed out that Marte had some nasty stuff and said something positive about the Sox bullpen and asked Chimp his opinion. Chimp responded by blowing it off and talking about the hitter who was batting for the flubbies.

I realize it was a flubbie broadcast, but they have to realize that at least a few Sox fans are watching and are interested in finding out some info about the team.

It wasn't WGN's finest hour by any means...

Daver
03-09-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


It wasn't WGN's finest hour by any means...

If it was an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" WGN would have taken it more sreiously.

:)

voodoochile
03-09-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by daver
If it was an episode of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" WGN would have taken it more sreiously.

:)

Nothing wrong with a little Buffy...

:)

TimChamp
03-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Now, were the results really inconclusive or did you not even bother to do the test?

:smile:


Hey, hey, hey, let's not get into the "ethics" of this business, it's hard work to get a Chimp and a Stone in the same room you know, but the ScRubs broadcast booth seems to have them doing their games! It amazes me, because even I couldn't find a Chimp...

Champ out...

Nellie_Fox
03-10-2003, 02:23 AM
I had to laugh at all the "I've talked to quite a few people who are thinking that this could be the Cubs' year" stuff. My God, when haven't Cubs fans thought that "this is the year?"

Juan Pizarro
03-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Totally expected. It's why I had the sound down.
Spent the time productively, burning a couple of classic Fairport Convention albums onto CD.
:jon :
"Meet on the Ledge," baby!