PDA

View Full Version : cryptic comments by kw in the sun times

jeremyb1
03-09-2003, 01:55 PM
today in the sun times:

Williams says it was important to keep a tight lid on trade talks with the Expos. Williams wouldn't be specific, but he did say there were other Expos players he liked.

''Sure there were, but I'm not going to tell you [who],'' he said. ''If you ever hear about us talking to Montreal again, I might have let you in on something that I don't want you to know about. Some things happen and some things come about because you're able to keep a lid on them.''

my expectation is that these talks were regarding vazquez and some guys from the group of rauch, wright, and garland on our end.

Brian26
03-09-2003, 02:01 PM
This is no surprise or nothing new. At Sox fest, Kenny was very candid in saying he wanted both Colon and Vasquez. I think getting both guys at the same time would have been impossible to swing, especially since we got Colon as a steal to being with. I'm sure Vidro and Vasquez are still on his wishlist.

czalgosz
03-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I'm sure Vidro and Vasquez are still on his wishlist.

Vazquez would be great.

Vidro's a great ballplayer, but the Sox don't need yet another 2B, and he would be really expensive in terms of talent. I really hope that that's not who Williams is going for.

Lip Man 1
03-09-2003, 05:55 PM
As long as you've got question marks surrounding Danny Wright, you better snag Vasquez.

Lip

gogosoxgogo
03-09-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm thinking Vazquez and Vladi for Rios and Heredia :D:

Seriously, if we could land Vazuez, I would be VERY happy.

duke of dorwood
03-09-2003, 11:06 PM
I'll take a little Vasquez talk over this Kenny Rogers stuff anytime.

fuzzy_patters
03-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I'm thinking Vazquez and Vladi for Rios and Heredia :D:

Seriously, if we could land Vazuez, I would be VERY happy. With Rowand hurt, I think it's obvious KW means Vlad. Clearly this will be a three team deal with the Cubs getting Josh Paul, the Expos getting Jesus Prior and Chop Suey, and the Sox getting Vlad. I don't really see any other possible scenario.

34 Inch Stick
03-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Lip, I have questions about Danny Wright even if he is 100%. We still have some problems with the bottom 2 in our rotation. Vazquez would be great. I also like Tony Armas, Jr.

JasonC23
03-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Could he be talking about their catcher, Michael Barrett? I seem to recall his name on the trading block over the winter, too.