PDA

View Full Version : Milton Mouthing Off

Lip Man 1
03-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Seems that the Twins are trying to make a habit of this.

ESPN's Sportscenter reported on Milton's surgery and said he now could be out four to six months.

HOWEVER, Karl Ravitch quoted Milton as saying..."When I get back, we'll (the Twins) be in first place and I'll be able to help..."

Sure hope the Sox see this.

Lip

RKMeibalane
03-09-2003, 12:31 PM
It's amazing how the Twins continue to say that the "White Sox have been running their mouths," especially when one considers the fact that it has been the Twins, not the Sox, who have been doing the majority of the talking in recent months. The Sox probably have several bulletin boards worth of articles and quotes from the Twins, and it's only March 9.

WinningUgly!
03-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Seems that the Twins are trying to make a habit of this.

ESPN's Sportscenter reported on Milton's surgery and said he now could be out four to six months.

HOWEVER, Karl Ravitch quoted Milton as saying..."When I get back, we'll (the Twins) be in first place and I'll be able to help..."

Sure hope the Sox see this.

Lip
I think Milton's right. I don't see him making it back at all this season. When he does return, for the start of the 2004 season, the Twins will be in 1st place...at 0-0.

:)

jeremyb1
03-09-2003, 02:38 PM
man, i really hate how much trash the white sox talk about the twins. i'm just tired of hearing it...

RKMeibalane
03-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
man, i really hate how much trash the white sox talk about the twins. i'm just tired of hearing it...

Check your word order. :D: You're right, though. It is getting old.

stingo
03-09-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't know...to me that's stretching the defn of trash talking a little. Just sounds like a guy trying to shore up his teammates with a little confidence, after receiving some pretty bad news from his own perspective.

I think it's apparent that Milton's being out put them in a very bad hole, even if Santana does well. Any other injury to the pitching staff (which is likely) will sink 'em.

jeremyb1
03-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Check your word order. :D: You're right, though. It is getting old.

hehe. it was supposed to be sarcasm. i guess i should've used blue. i'll edit it.

WhiteSox = Life
03-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
hehe. it was supposed to be sarcasm. i guess i should've used blue. i'll edit it.

Or teal. Your choice. As long as it's not in plain old black text, most WSI posters can understand the message you're trying to convey.

:smile:

DrCrawdad
03-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by stingo
I don't know...to me that's stretching the defn of trash talking a little. Just sounds like a guy trying to shore up his teammates with a little confidence, after receiving some pretty bad news from his own perspective.

I agree. I don’t think this is really trash talk as much as boasting, cockiness or pride. You know what has been said about pride, “pride cometh before the fall.”

I heard a MN sportswriter (who’s name I can’t recall) on with Julie Swieca this morning. This sportswriter talked about the MN and White Sox rivalry. The writer kept talking about how the Sox have been trash talking. Excuse me but IIRC the only Sox player who’s talked trash THIS YEAR is Billy Koch. If I had the time I would like to have called and asked this guy for a quote from the Sox players who’ve talked trash this year other than Koch.

Originally posted by stingo
I think it's apparent that Milton's being out put them in a very bad hole, even if Santana does well. Any other injury to the pitching staff (which is likely) will sink 'em.

I want the Sox to win the division. If it’s helped by the Twins imploding, I don’t really care. Then after the AL Central Title of course I want the Sox to go on and win 11 games.