PDA

View Full Version : Open House at U.S. Cellular Field

hose
03-08-2003, 08:21 PM
One of the perks of being a season ticket holder is the open house. I received my invite to open house at U.S. Cellular Field in todays mail. I plan on going and checking out the renovations .

The open house is on Saturday March 22, 10am-3pm

Last year's was pretty cool, Carlos May and Billy Peirce were signing autographs in the Sox clubhouse. You could sit in the dugout and walk out on the field. Reinsdorf even had complimentary hotdogs, chips, and pop, woo hoo!!!

Anybody else planning on going?

Hangar18
03-09-2003, 09:18 AM
I was going to ask about this very subject. I became a first-time season ticket holder in January. Sox havnt sent me anything ....Yet. Question, did any other season ticket holders here use that form to Pre-Order Opening Day Tix? I ask because I have NOT received my tickets from the SOX. 3/22, I definitely want to check out the renovations to the CenterField area.......

whitesoxwilkes
03-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I was going to ask about this very subject. I became a first-time season ticket holder in January. Sox havnt sent me anything ....Yet. Question, did any other season ticket holders here use that form to Pre-Order Opening Day Tix? I ask because I have NOT received my tickets from the SOX. 3/22, I definitely want to check out the renovations to the CenterField area.......

No worries, Hangar, i didn;t get my Opening Day seats either. I called my rep last week to make sure they had gotten my check for those seats (I sent it in early feb and they hadn;t deposited it yet), they said they would be sent in mid-march.

hsnterprize
03-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by hose
One of the perks of being a season ticket holder is the open house. I received my invite to open house at U.S. Cellular Field in todays mail. I plan on going and checking out the renovations .

The open house is on Saturday March 22, 10am-3pm

Last year's was pretty cool, Carlos May and Billy Peirce were signing autographs in the Sox clubhouse. You could sit in the dugout and walk out on the field. Reinsdorf even had complimentary hotdogs, chips, and pop, woo hoo!!!

Anybody else planning on going?

I'm not a season-ticket holder, so I'm anxious to see how the Cell is being renovated. Can you please take pictures and post them on the site? I know there's work being done on the scoreboard...I saw some cranes sticking out near the scoreboard area while driving around the ballpark the other day. I haven't seen any name changes, yet. I wonder what's going on with the naming deal?

hose
03-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Hang in there :D:

You should be getting your invite in the mail any day now.

Season tickets are mailed out the 2nd or 3rd week of march.

I am not 100% sure but I think one of the reasons for the open house is for season ticket holders that haven't made the final payment for their tickets to square up.

Bring a camera!

ewokpelts
03-09-2003, 05:37 PM
i'm there....if only to spite jerry by eating a mass quantity of his free hot dogs....
Gene

kevingrt
03-09-2003, 05:50 PM
I feel so left out... :(:

I don't have enough $$$ to get season tickets hopefully I'll get them sometime though!

DrCrawdad
03-09-2003, 05:50 PM
DrCrawdad (using the third person like a professional athlete) don't have no season ticket. But DrCrawdad would be glad to tag along with a season ticket holder.