PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale

gosox41
03-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Anyone make it out to the garage sale today? I've never been to one before but there was a lot more people then I expected, especially at the ticket windows. Got there around 10:15 and was impressed that with the number of people. Is this normal for the first day tickets are on sale?

I spent over an hour in line just to get into the garage sale. Heard a guy a few people ahead of me bragging about all the Kenny Lofton jerseys and bobbleheads he was buying now to get autographed because he is a surefire hall of famer. I guess that's a subject for another thread, but it was entertaining to listen to for an hour.

Bob

MarkEdward
03-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Anyone make it out to the garage sale today? I've never been to one before but there was a lot more people then I expected, especially at the ticket windows. Got there around 10:15 and was impressed that with the number of people. Is this normal for the first day tickets are on sale?

I went to the Garage Sale at around 1:30. A few people were still hanging around. I picked up a Mark Johnson bat (he's still my favorite player) and my brother picked up a Mags/Josh Paul bat, and a jacket. I was very tempted to buy a Mark Johnson game-worn jersey, but I held off.

I spent over an hour in line just to get into the garage sale. Heard a guy a few people ahead of me bragging about all the Kenny Lofton jerseys and bobbleheads he was buying now to get autographed because he is a surefire hall of famer. I guess that's a subject for another thread, but it was entertaining to listen to for an hour.
Bob

Hehe. There were plenty of Lofton jersey left.

Hangar18
03-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Did anyone notice if ABC, CBS, WGN, FOX or NBC were at Comiskey to cover this? Was there a LIVE report? Were there beautiful anchors making silly comments ??? Let me know....

gosox41
03-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Did anyone notice if ABC, CBS, WGN, FOX or NBC were at Comiskey to cover this? Was there a LIVE report? Were there beautiful anchors making silly comments ??? Let me know....

I saw one camera crew interviewiong some fans in line. Didn't see any hot anchor girls unfortunately.

Bob

kevingrt
03-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I saw one camera crew interviewiong some fans in line. Didn't see any hot anchor girls unfortunately.

Bob

Isn't that an oxymoron "hot anchor girls". Sideline reporters are hot not anchor girls! :cool:

34 Inch Stick
03-10-2003, 09:52 AM
No women, just two dudes carrying a camera and holding a microphone.

I but a Kenny Lofton bobblehead. It was only eight dollars and my ten month old had no problem with him being a White Sox for half a year.

gosox41
03-10-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
No women, just two dudes carrying a camera and holding a microphone.

I but a Kenny Lofton bobblehead. It was only eight dollars and my ten month old had no problem with him being a White Sox for half a year.

Well you're definitely not the guy standing in front of me blabbing about how Kenny is a certain HOF'er and how he was stocking up on Kenny's stuff that he was going to get signed when he's in town.

It was pretty funny. If one is going to sepak loudly in front of a bunch of people, it's best if one knows what he's talking about.

Bob

Foulke You
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
I went to the garage sale too and not only was there plenty of Lofton stuff but there were loads of Royce equipment. I couldn't believe that it wasn't marked down lower though. Would you pay $150 for a game used Royce jersey? $50 for a Royce bat? Didn't think so. As usual, it was fun to look around the garage sale though.

I saw plenty of the outfield concourse signs from the concessions and stores for sale which means they probably have touched up the outfield concourse to look like the rest of the lower deck concourse. Did anyone buy the big blue "New Era Cap Corner" hat that was in left field? They wanted $50 :D:

Also, did anyone else think that some of those game used hats for sale were pretty disgusting? You could tell which ones were worn in the hot sun in July. Can you say brown and sweat stained? Yuck.