PDA

View Full Version : milton out 4-6 months

Huisj
03-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Just read an article on espn, said that eric milton's out 4-6 months with his knee problem. that's a lot worse than the few weeks they were reporting a few days ago.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
Just read an article on espn, said that eric milton's out 4-6 months with his knee problem. that's a lot worse than the few weeks they were reporting a few days ago.

"Excellent."

TheBigHurt
03-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
"Excellent."

you took the words right out of my mouth well it must of................

jeremyb1
03-08-2003, 05:40 PM
i wonder what all the people that talked about how good the twins would be this year because their pitching would be healthy think about this. like i said before, you're not more likely to be healthy the year after dealing with injuries you're more likely. sure enough milton had what was thought to be a minor knee injury last season but it was actually much more serious.

Shoeless Joe
03-08-2003, 06:14 PM
As a Sox fan I'm delighted that Milton is out since it will benefit us immensely. Can someone pull a "Tanya Harding" on Cy Mays though? Let's see what the Ugly Twins will say this time though as their verbal assault on the Sox continues. I think it may sound a little something like this in October: :whiner:

kermittheefrog
03-08-2003, 08:21 PM
I touch on this in my blog (see the link in my sig). It might be as much of a curse as a blessing. I think Johan Santana is legitimately a better option in the rotation than Milton is. Santana was dominant last year, his K rate was second only to Randy Johnson among starters. What this really does is thin out the Twins bullpen a bit.

WinningUgly!
03-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I touch on this in my blog (see the link in my sig). It might be as much of a curse as a blessing. I think Johan Santana is legitimately a better option in the rotation than Milton is. Santana was dominant last year, his K rate was second only to Randy Johnson among starters. What this really does is thin out the Twins bullpen a bit.

I agree 100%. I liked the White Sox chances against the Twins a little bit better with Santana not in the rotation. He has some wicked bad stuff.

baggio202
03-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
I agree 100%. I liked the White Sox chances against the Twins a little bit better with Santana not in the rotation. He has some wicked bad stuff.

but moving santana to the rotation will weaken their bullpen...which was this team's strength last year

maybe im reading this wrong and if i am i apoligize but it sounds like some of you are really happy milton got hurt...to me that shows no class at all...if the only way we can beat the twins is for them to have decimating injuries then we dont deserve it...how would we feel if buehrle took a line drive off the knee cap and was out 4 to 6 months????

i want the twins at full strength..i dont want to hear any excuse fromt he northland...this team has so much more talent then the twins...with both teams healthy we are atleast 5 games better than the twins ( and thats ncludes any question marks up the middle)...if we cant beat them then we have a bunch of underachievers...

jeremyb1
03-09-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

i agree that this improves the twins rotation in the short run and i don't think it weakens their pen all that much. in my opinion the problem is that radke and mays still have at least minimal health concerns. lohse is pretty solid but you never know. if the twins have another starter go down over the course of the season which is quite possible they're going to have to go to fiore or rincon and that won't be pretty.

ma-gaga
03-09-2003, 09:12 AM
I agree, the Twins have enough depth to sustain this injury. If either Radke/Mays goes down, they'll be in trouble, and looking at promoting an AAA kid. They have ONE whom may work out, Adam Johnson. But there's not a LOT of confidence surrounding him.

Rumor has it they want him to replace J.Santana as the long reliever/spot starter from the bullpen.