PDA

View Full Version : Take A Guess

CuckTheFubs
03-08-2003, 06:08 AM
The Sox plan to leave most of their big names home Saturday for their game against the Cubs in Mesa. Players not scheduled to make the trip include Frank Thomas, Magglio Ordonez, Paul Konerko, Billy Koch and Tom Gordon.

That is what is happening with the White Sox. Now regarding the Cubs, the Sox opponent on Saturday, see if you can guess the following...

Guess who is making his first reappearance this spring for Saturday's game?

Hint Number One: Now keep in mind that this is the first Cub game that is being broadcast on TV.

Hint Number Two: This same player missed several games last season but then somehow summoned the intestinal fortitude to show up for the All-Star Game HR Contest.

Hint Number Three: This player’s routine is to show up later than most, if not all, of his teammates. This year the player made an appearance “on-time”, but then disappeared with a mysterious illness. Of course the media showers loving attention on this player when he shows up late and also when he shows up on time.

Have you figured out who the player in question is?

If you guessed...

:nandrolone

...then you’re correct!

Here’s a contest for Saturday’s game:

Saturday’s badcast, I mean broadcast, is the first game back for the best baseball analyst ever visited by mankind, the Prince of Pomposity, the cigar chomping Steve Stone. Relying on statistics skewed by one pitcher – Dan Wright, during what inning will Stone talk about how bad Sox pitching has been this spring?

btw The Cubune ran an article Friday heaping worship on Steve Stone’s baseball analyst abilities. Why was it that the writer felt the need to repeatedly tell readers about Stone having ‘a woman in his life’?

seventytwo
03-08-2003, 07:28 AM
You've seen his perm, right? :o:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

idseer
03-08-2003, 08:11 AM
ya know ... it would be evident to any outsider that people who post here at wsi actually love sosa.
what else could one think when everywhere you look you see this HUGE picture of sammy in all his glory.
y'all LOVE posting his pic!

personally i'm sick of seeing his likeness everywhere i look in here. anyone with me?

CuckTheFubs
03-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by idseer
ya know ... it would be evident to any outsider that people who post here at wsi actually love sosa.
what else could one think when everywhere you look you see this HUGE picture of sammy in all his glory.

personally i'm sick of seeing his likeness everywhere i look in here. anyone with me?

The Sox are playing the Cubs today. SamMe is making his glorious spring reappearance today. If there is ever a time to diss and discuss the Cubs, it sure seems like today is a timely time to do it.

Just having a little fun. No one is desecrating a sacred icon.

PANFIRECRACKER
03-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by idseer

Agreed. Let's worry about our pitching and defense. The sycophantic sammy lovefest will be a huge success without us.

hose
03-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER
Agreed. Let's worry about our pitching and defense. The sycophantic sammy lovefest will be a huge success without us.

Just to set the record straight it's the Cub players that look up to Magglio, not Sammy.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/cst-spt-cub08.html