PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Promotions schedule

anewman35
03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
...is posted here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/schedule/cws_schedule_promotions.jsp)

Most interesting thing, to me: a turn back the clock weekend to 1983. And I thought I'd never have to think about those uniforms again...

HawkDJ
03-07-2003, 07:25 PM
...not too many give-aways this year.

MetalliSox
03-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Bottle jackes on June 27th! SWEET!!!!!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-07-2003, 07:47 PM
most of the give away stuff is only 21+ only because it's sponsored by miller lite. it would have been cool if they had a mark buehrle bobble head, butthe 1983 bottle jacket thing on the first whitesox vs cubs at the cell is very cool

Wsoxmike59
03-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Could someone please explain what in the heck is a 1983 bottle jacket?? Does that mean my bottle of MGD gets a little White Sox warm up jacket or something?? :gulp:

FanOf14
03-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Wsoxmike59
Could someone please explain what in the heck is a 1983 bottle jacket?? Does that mean my bottle of MGD gets a little White Sox warm up jacket or something?? :gulp:

This is what I found on bottle jackets:
Bottle Jackets (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/beertaps/bottlejackets.html)

kevingrt
03-07-2003, 10:37 PM

See you were exactly right! Just the Paulie dolls will be better

Wsoxmike59
03-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Thanks Fanof14. I checked the WhiteSox website and there was absolutely NO description of what a bottle jacket was. I kinda thought that's what they were, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

P.S. I was a little disappointed in the promo's this year, especially after viewing what the Cubs were giving away this year. This is the first time in memory that the Cubs are having BETTER promo's than the Sox. Rob Gallas should be ashamed of himself. That guy is no more qualified to be our Marketing guy than I am!!

hose
03-08-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks Fanof14. I checked the WhiteSox website and there was absolutely NO description of what a bottle jacket was. I kinda thought that's what they were, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.

P.S. I was a little disappointed in the promo's this year, especially after viewing what the Cubs were giving away this year. This is the first time in memory that the Cubs are having BETTER promo's than the Sox. Rob Gallas should be ashamed of himself. That guy is no more qualified to be our Marketing guy than I am!!

Can't blame Galas for the team date schedule, but playing the Yankees on 1/2 price Monday and Pepsi Tuesday?

Outside of the playing the Cubs the Yankees are traditionally our best draw, how did Reinsdorf let this happen?

TornLabrum
03-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by hose
Can't blame Galas for the team date schedule, but playing the Yankees on 1/2 price Monday and Pepsi Tuesday?

Outside of the playing the Cubs the Yankees are traditionally our best draw, how did Reinsdorf let this happen?

Especially in light of the Cubs "premium" schedule. Take a look at when the best clubs come to Wrigley Field and the dates for which the Cubs are charging their highest prices.

However, I wonder how that deal with Pepsi works. I'm sure you realize that Pepsico Inc. pays the Sox for the promotion. The question is, just as the Tribune does for half-price Mondays. The question is, is it enough to compensate for the difference for the same Yankee-game crowd if they charged full price.

LuvSox
03-08-2003, 10:33 AM

P.S. I was a little disappointed in the promo's this year, especially after viewing what the Cubs were giving away this year. This is the first time in memory that the Cubs are having BETTER promo's than the Sox. Rob Gallas should be ashamed of himself. That guy is no more qualified to be our Marketing guy than I am!! I don't know about that. They have some weird stuff; Beanie Babies, figurines, American Girl doll clothes. What's going on up there? :?:

hose
03-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Especially in light of the Cubs "premium" schedule. Take a look at when the best clubs come to Wrigley Field and the dates for which the Cubs are charging their highest prices.

However, I wonder how that deal with Pepsi works. I'm sure you realize that Pepsico Inc. pays the Sox for the promotion. The question is, just as the Tribune does for half-price Mondays. The question is, is it enough to compensate for the difference for the same Yankee-game crowd if they charged full price.

I would like to know what the compensation is for those promotions.

I did notice that the weekend schedule has only one team from the East and that is Tampa Bay. I wonder if because the Sox draw much better on the weekends, hmmm?

Teams coming to USC Field on weekends this summer.

Detroit 3 weekends
Cleveland 2 weekends
Minnesota 1 weekend
Seattle 1 weekend
San Diego and the great Ryan Klesko 1 weekend
Cubs 1 weekend
Tampa Bay 1 weekend
Oakland 1 weekend
Texas 1 weekend
Kansas City 1 weekend

koch44
04-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Here's a new promotion.

Hawk and DJ bobbleheads!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/promo/jackson_hawk.jpg

June 11 vs. San Francisco

voodoochile
04-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by koch44
Here's a new promotion.

Hawk and DJ bobbleheads!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/promo/jackson_hawk.jpg

June 11 vs. San Francisco

Hawk's doll has a kind of Chuckie look, No?

doublem23
04-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hawk's doll has a kind of Chuckie look, No?

Not to mention 20 years younger.

TheBigHurt
04-04-2003, 03:58 PM
i miss HAWK & WIMPY on WGN.....WHERE i used to watch all the Sox games