PDA

View Full Version : SOX Home Opener Coming up fast...What are your plans?

Hangar18
03-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I'll be at Puffers, then on to Jimbos.....

Juan Pizarro
03-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Adhering to tradition, we start out at the Berghoff cafe for corned beef and :gulp:
Then it's pile on the El and tromp into Jimbo's.
Hey, we should figure out a secret sign to ID each other.

doublem23
03-07-2003, 05:33 PM
In keeping with my high school tradition of cutting classes on Opening Day, I will not be attending classes, will get some food, some drink and hopefully the game will be broadcast in Peoria. It better be either on WGN SuperStation or Fox Sports Net.

MarkEdward
03-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I'll probably be coming home from Kansas City. I'm hoping to catch the whole game on TV, though. If not, it'll be on the radio in the car.

LuvSox
03-07-2003, 08:29 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: , and of course....... :gulp:

dllrbll7
03-07-2003, 11:54 PM
I will be in the parking lot bright and early just like the past 3 years with my sox flag waving high up in the air above my car and the hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, corn, and steaks on the grill and acouple beers in my hand. hopefully the weather holds up this year but either way we've always made the best of the situation.

TheBigHurt
03-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: , and of course....... :gulp:

you forgot :gulp:

TheBigHurt
03-08-2003, 10:28 PM
I Have no idea what ill be doing

ilovemags30
03-08-2003, 11:33 PM
ill be in the hall of fame gift shop.

hsnterprize
03-09-2003, 09:12 AM
I hope to be in the press box for the game. If I can make it, I'd like to meet some of you. I'll let you know whether or not I'll be able to make it to the game. I'll be either moving that weekend, or unpacking from moving the weekend before then. In either case, it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll be able to attend. I was at the home opener last season, and it was pretty cool...seeing the large crowds, the tailgaters, and "White Sox Fever" all over 35th street...just like it shoudl be all the time.

I remember back in 1998 when I skipped work to attend the Sox home opener. It was an honest accident...I didn't know I was supposed to come in that day. However, it was a lackluster day. The crowd was about 25K, it was sunny and windy, and I think the Sox lost the game (to Texas, I think). I sat in the upper deck, and I had a feeling there wasn't going to be a big crowd for the game because it was too easy for me to get to the ballpark and get a decent parking space. I got there about a hour before gametime, and I just had a sneaky suspicion about the attendance. It was very poor considering it was a season opener. But the season itself wasn't too great, so now that I look back, I wasn't too surprized to see the low opening crowd.

mrwag
03-09-2003, 12:38 PM
I'll be there! Got my tix yesterday. Sitting in the U.D. Can't wait, my first opening day. I'll wear my parka.

voodoochile
03-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Well, if they received my Sox-7 order in time, I will be sitting in the UD somewhere behind the plate about 17 rows up. Don't know who will be with me or what we will be doing before and after the game. I may wander around the PL looking for other WSI posters, but I don't know for sure and it will depend on who goes with me.

doublem23
03-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ilovemags30
ill be in the hall of fame gift shop.

Brat!

:)

kevingrt
03-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Sitting at home on my laste Spring Break from school. Maybe invite a couple of friends over. It'll be great! Hopefully a ChiSox winner!

sox_fan_forever
03-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Well, since I got tickets yesterday I'll be skipping school for sure. This will be my first time going to Opening Day! :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
03-09-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Don't know who will be with me or what we will be doing before and after the game. I may wander around the PL looking for other WSI posters, but I don't know for sure and it will depend on who goes with me.

Running the ol flag, er, t-shirt up the pole again Voodoo? :)

dllrbll7
03-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Maybe i will make up a WSI flag to hang under the sox flag

Sad
03-10-2003, 09:15 AM
I'll also be in the lot tailgating as usual...
man I hope its at least 50 degrees by then!

:cool:

if I hear Farmer say it's another

"Chamber of Commerce Day weather-wise"

over by der I'm gonna lose it!!!

I GET THE PICTURE - QUIT RUBBING IT IN!

Hangar18
03-10-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Maybe i will make up a WSI flag to hang under the sox flag

Thats a Great Idea. Someone in the Parking Lot should run with this. Might put up a WSI sign in Jimbos....

Sad
03-10-2003, 12:04 PM
I should probably know this for all the years I've been going to games... but where is Jimbo's?

is that where WSCR ran a remote from opening day last year?

I'll probably arrive 3 hours before the game and depending on the weather, it might be a better option than the lot...

voodoochile
03-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Running the ol flag, er, t-shirt up the pole again Voodoo? :)

Depends on how cold it is...

Hangar18
03-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Sad
I should probably know this for all the years I've been going to games... but where is Jimbos?

Jimbos is at 33rd and Princeton. Cant miss the place...its directly North of the North Parking Lot. Also,,,its Across from the Armour Park Fieldhouse. tell Jimbo Hangar18 sent ya

Sad
03-10-2003, 12:38 PM
ok thanks... I must drive by it after every game then as that's my out-bound route to get back on Dan Ryan south
(I always park in the north lot, next to the tracks)

I don't usually leave the lot before games but maybe I will for opening day if it's not good tailgating weather...

FarmerAndy
03-10-2003, 04:50 PM
I go to opening day every year, and this will be the first time I've had to sit upstairs. :(

Anyway, with the game being at 3:05, I'll probably hit Jimbo's at 9:00 a.m. Then at about noon we'll head to the parking lot and fire up the grill.

It will be a long day. I hope the weather is nice, and that the Sox win.

Foulke You
03-10-2003, 06:14 PM
This will be my 3rd Opening Day in a row. My friends and I will hop on the "L" around noon and stop at Cermak Chinatown for some tasty chinese food at "Won Kow" which is the greatest Chinese restaurant on the planet. It is kind've a Sox tradition for us. Then, back on the "L" for one more stop to 35th st for some White Sox baseball, Bavarian Creme Churros and Lemon Chills. Hopefully it will be warm outside. I'll be in the outfield lower deck somewhere provided my Sox 7 order went through ok. Can't wait.