PDA

View Full Version : Lower Deck Sold Out!

dllrbll7
03-07-2003, 12:46 PM
I just read in the press release that the lower deck for the sox/cubs games are already sold out because of season tickets and sox seven orders. They said there was an increase in season tickets by 20% but i still cant believe the lower deck is sold out for all three games already. Just thought i would let everyone know whose planning on tryin to get them tomorrow.

joecrede
03-07-2003, 01:45 PM
They'll continue to sell season tickets so they have to keep some seats in the LD in reserve. Once the season starts, they'll release the LD seats they haven't sold as a part of a package I'd imagine.

A roughly 20% increase in season tix? That brings the base up to around 11,500, no?

doublem23
03-07-2003, 05:35 PM
Sonofabitch...

I really hope the Sox tickets sales don't dramatically increase or else I won't just be able to hop on the train and take in a Sox game whenever I want.

koch44
03-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Sonofabitch...

I really hope the Sox tickets sales don't dramatically increase or else I won't just be able to hop on the train and take in a Sox game whenever I want.

I'm going to go to most of my games in April because no one is out there then since most kids are still in school.

dllrbll7
03-07-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I went on the Cubs website last week to see if I could get
tickets for a Sox-Cubs game at Wrigley. Nothing came up.
Not one thing. I thought Cubbie fans didn't care about the
south side non-entities.

I think some of us may have had a small part in there tickets being sold out but i know it wasnt me because i just got the busy signal whenever i tried.

gosox41
03-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Sonofabitch...

As much as I wish to see Sox attendence jump through the roof, I doubt you have anything to worryabout. Maybe it'll be tough to get tickets for the big games, but outside of opening day, the Cubs series, and a half price Yankee game this team never sold out last season. 5 out of 81 games were at capacity. The Sox can't even get to 50% capacity.

Anyone out there think the Sox can draw at least 2 million this season? I'm thinking the only way this would happen is if they get out to a fast start.

Bob

hsnterprize
03-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Anyone out there think the Sox can draw at least 2 million this season? I'm thinking the only way this would happen is if they get out to a fast start.

Bob [/B]

Even if the Sox were to draw 2 million this season, the standard has jumped to 3 million as far as having a great year attendance wise. 2 million in attendance is nothing to sneeze at, but teams like Cleveland, Toronto, Colorado, and other have either come close to or exceeded the 3 million mark. Even the Cubs flirted with 3 million in 1998, and when was the last time since then they've put a halfway-decent team on the field?

In order for the Sox to draw well, not only does the team have to play well from start to finish, but the front office staff has to come up with ways to draw the fans in. In this day of modern sports fans, just putting a winning team on the field isn't enough to guarantee good attendance (remember 2000?). I just hope (probably against hope) that the press won't harp on the attendance issue over and over again.

doublem23
03-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by koch44
I'm going to go to most of my games in April because no one is out there then since most kids are still in school.

Yeah, that used to be my plan, but I live 180 miles away from Comiskey now, so I'm up **** Creek without a paddle until the middle of May.

Sad
03-10-2003, 12:12 PM
180 miles - that's a haul...

I'm looking at about or just under 2 hours one way, being on the other side of the lake...