PDA

View Full Version : Twins' Milton worse that thought

Juan Pizarro
03-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Bad news for the Twinks on Milton's knee after surgery.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2003/03/06/twins_milton_ap/

cheeses_h_rice
03-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Awthatsashame.

SoxxoS
03-07-2003, 11:49 AM
How's that bullpen going Twins? Santana is back in the rotation, so there is one hole. Not to mention everyone won't have an "off their face" career year this year. Good luck hoping Romero matches that rediculous 1.97 ERA or whatever he had, ditto for LaTroy Hawkins and "Everyday" as well.

You're right cheeses-that is a shame.

kermittheefrog
03-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Oh the downside Santana has a pretty good shot of pitching better in the rotation than Milton would have. Milton is definitely one of the more overrated pitchers in baseball.

Hangar18
03-07-2003, 12:31 PM
The baseball Gods Have Been Angered....... Twins Deserve Everything they get, and then some. If they wouldve Drafted Mark Prior like they were SUPPOSED to (instead of gift-wrapping him to the hands-out-hand-me-down Cubs) they wouldnt be so worried about their Pitching Staff. In Fact, had PRIOR and the Twins tried to Out-Greed each other, the Twins fresh off Priors good season in AAA (they wouldnt have brought him up, wouldve waited til this year) wouldve just slotted him into the Rotation, he wouldve mopped up most of the AL Central Teams, won the AL Rookie-of-the-Year honors, while catapulting the team into the playoff hunt As Well as Energizing Twins fans and Minnesota Voters into Ok'ing a New Stadium. hahahahahahahaha twinkies. this doesnt let Prior off the hook either,,,hes a Cub now, and he'll get his very soon too. Karmas a Funny Thing.

czalgosz
03-07-2003, 01:14 PM
This might actually be a blessing in disguise for the Twins... Santana's a very good pitcher. Leaving him in the bullpen was IMO foolish; it's a lot easier to find a decent reliever than a good starter.

The only downside to this is that now they're counting on Lohse, whereas they had a backup plan before. Their rotation is now stretched very thin. It kind of reminds me of the Sox' situation last spring.

SoxxoS
03-07-2003, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't say Santana is a very good pitcher yet...he has been in the majors less than one year. He is good, and he is better than Milton.

Milton, in fact, is probably the most overrated player in baseball. Him, Ryan Klesko, Eric Karros, Mo Vaughn, and Aaron Sele all are around the top of that list... And I'm sure I am missing a few.

czalgosz
03-07-2003, 02:15 PM
The one thing that leads me to believe that Santana is the real deal is his amazing "K" rates. Pitchers who strike out a lot of batters rarely drop off.

kermittheefrog
03-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I wouldn't say Santana is a very good pitcher yet...he has been in the majors less than one year. He is good, and he is better than Milton.

Milton, in fact, is probably the most overrated player in baseball. Him, Ryan Klesko, Eric Karros, Mo Vaughn, and Aaron Sele all are around the top of that list... And I'm sure I am missing a few.

Santana will be entering his fourth year in the majors next year. He was a breakout player last year and started half of his games. He was 7-4 3.13 with 89 Ks in 79.2 IP as a starter. Unfortunately he's the real deal.

And how does Ryan Klesko make your list of overrated players?

SoxxoS
03-07-2003, 02:53 PM
I stand corrected..I thought he was a rookie. :?: :D: