PDA

View Full Version : all star ticket info

jortafan
03-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Just noticed this link, for those of you with delusions of getting to see the All-Star game.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_press_release.jsp?ymd=20030306&content_id=211669&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp

enjoy.

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm sure Jerry Reinsdorf was standing over the shoulder as this was typed, making sure it got in there:

The only way to guarantee tickets for all three days of All-Star events at U.S. Cellular Field is to be a 2003 White Sox season ticket holder. For ticket information contact the White Sox Sales Department at (312) 674-1000.

:reinsy

Are you kidding, Cheeses? I wrote it myself!

Juan Pizarro
03-06-2003, 02:20 PM
What's the stink about that? It's the way it is for every club that hosts the All-Star Game, and it certainly isn't a new policy for the White Sox.

ode to veeck
03-06-2003, 02:33 PM
A limited number of tickets will be available for public sale through a postcard lottery. Tickets will be sold in strips -- each strip containing one ticket for each of the three ballpark events and John Hancock All-Star FanFest. More details on ticket availability and procedures will be announced on April 25. Ticket entries will not be accepted before this time.

Anybody remember the last lottery (for tix to the 50th anniversary all-star game at Comiskey)?

Bite me Jerry!!

ewokpelts
03-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey all,

Uncle Jerry aint wrong to try and boost ticket sales with the All Star Game. As it was noted in an earlier post, pretty much all teams "guarantee"thier season ticket base with All Star tix. And Jerry dosent have to have a lottery sale either.

Last year,the Brewers ( owned by Bud Lite ), only allowed new season ticket holders to buy All Star tix IF they bought a full season plan, and partial ticket holders were told they had to be a plan holder fo at least 5!!!! years previously. They soon changed it to being a holder since 2001. All other tickets were then put in the control of the league. There were no All Star tickets available to the public, although All Star Sunday and Home Run Derby tickets were sold through the Box Office.

Also, the Sox are letting seson ticket holders (like me) get in t the All Star Game after buying a partial plan. With my season tix only costing $540, and with adding all the tickets costs for my probable section(upper deck seats), I plan on only spending less than $750 bucks for six months of good baseball. And while not getting ahead of myself, there is always the postseson guarantee as well.

Gene

Hangar18
03-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I'm sure Jerry Reinsdorf was standing over the shoulder as this was typed, making sure it got in there:

:reinsy

Are you kidding, Cheeses? I wrote it myself!

Hey, I dont MIND AT ALL. Being a season-ticket holder myself (as I dip my crackers into the caviar) I dont mind this at all. its a good policy, Mostly BECAUSE IT KEEPS THE NORTH-SIDE RIFF RAFF out of our park. I CANNOT WAIT TO BOO BAKER come JULY

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm not suggesting the Sox are slimy to do this -- I think every ballclub does. But the way that was phrased struck me as something written with a big ol' corporate mandate behind it...

koch44
03-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Ticket prices, as established by Major League Baseball, are as follows: RadioShack All-Star Sunday: Lower Deck Box/Club Level ($40), Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers ($30), Upper Deck Box/Upper Deck Reserved ($20); Gatorade All-Star Workout Day: Lower Deck Box/Club Level ($80), Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers ($60), Upper Deck Box/Upper Deck Reserved ($40); 74th All-Star Game: Lower Deck Box/Club Level ($175), Lower Deck Reserved/Bleachers ($150), Upper Deck Box/Upper Deck Reserved ($125).

Why isn't the home run derby listed???

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-07-2003, 05:43 PM
the home run derby is a part of the workout day