PDA

View Full Version : Sox Tix 3/8...Will There be Media Coverage ?

Hangar18
03-06-2003, 11:45 AM
As we all know, Tix go on sale Sat 3/8. Curious to see if we get the same news coverage dedicated to Just SOX TICKETS? Will there be any Cute Angles? Any Glib quotes? Any Fluffy Headlines? Will the 5 major networks here do entire segments/stories on this?? Will CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, and FOX be there LIVE w Updates/Reports From UsCellular Field Friday Nite 3/8 ?? STAY TUNED!!!

LuvSox
03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
There is a better chance of Al Jazeera showing up.

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2003, 01:02 PM
I believe Bush is announcing tonight that the war has started, so if that happens, forget about anything other than the most cursory coverage ever.

Hangar18
03-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I believe Bush is announcing tonight that the war has started, so if that happens, forget about anything other than the most cursory coverage ever.

Really? where are you finding this out? that figures. First Jordan steals the show in 93. now WWIII steals the SoxTickets on sale Hoopla.

cheeses_h_rice
03-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Really? where are you finding this out? that figures. First Jordan steals the show in 93. now WWIII steals the SoxTickets on sale Hoopla.

Just a hunch, based on some other message boards I read.

The main thoughts about Bush's speech were either:

1. War has started.
2. Bin Laden has been caught.
3. Giving Iraq one final chance and certain demands that must be met in a few days' time, and then war starts.

I think it's either #1 or #3.

harwar
03-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I believe that Bush will issue an ultimatum tonight.My sister lives in England and her husband(who is a british soldier) has been told that they will be in Iraq by the 17th of march.Also, i think the bombing begins on the 13th.

WhiteSoxWinner
03-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Will there be coverage? In a word, NO! Heck, even if we make the playoffs, the coverage through the first round will be about how the Flubs are entering another rebuilding period in their 100 year plan.

FarmerAndy
03-06-2003, 02:52 PM
It seems that there has been more whining than usual over the last month or so. Once the season starts, every Sox game is broadcast live on the radio and on television, I could care less about how many more square inches of newspaper space are used to talk about the Cubs than the Sox. Or who really cares whether the news makes a big deal about Sox tickets going on sale Saturday, the way they do for the Cubs? Big freakin' deal.

Fact: The White Sox are a better ballclub than the Cubs.

Fact: The Cubs get more media coverage, that's the way it is.

I don't want Sox fans to have a reputation of being whiners. All it does is give Cub fans the idea that we are jealous of them. Let's just look to the coming season, get behind our Sox, and STOP WHINING!!!

Juan Pizarro
03-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, I don't know if it's just the All-Star Game or the Colon-Koch additions or what, but Sox season ticket sales are UP!

We've been informed that because of the increase, our Opening Day group --The Federales: We Don't Need No Stinking Badges -- will either have to take Row 15 in the upper deck above the Sox on-deck circle or go further down the line if we want to be lower. The last few years, we've been in the first 10 rows, right by the plate.

Hangar18
03-06-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
It seems that there has been more whining than usual over the last month or so. Once the season starts, every Sox game is broadcast live on the radio and on television, I could care less about how many more square inches of newspaper space are used to talk about the Cubs than the Sox. Or who really cares whether the news makes a big deal about Sox tickets going on sale Saturday, the way they do for the Cubs? Big freakin' deal.

Fact: The White Sox are a better ballclub than the Cubs.

Fact: The Cubs get more media coverage, that's the way it is.

I don't want Sox fans to have a reputation of being whiners. All it does is give Cub fans the idea that we are jealous of them. Let's just look to the coming season, get behind our Sox, and STOP WHINING!!!

Good Point. However, I wouldnt call it whining, I'd call it "Being Aware" of what the Media Is Up To. If the SOX get off to a good start in April, and the cubs are off to a slow start, but the papers are full of "whats wrong w our cubbies?", i'll come back to your message.

ewokpelts
03-06-2003, 06:36 PM
to answer your question hanger18.....no...the sox will not recieve anything more than a blurb or two in the news....

as for season tix being up...my ticket rep has sed that that he's been selling season and group tix all off season, and plenty of new buisness as well.....and Rob Gallas has also sed that the club sold 10k tickets(no matter what package) in the first 3 days since the colon trade....so mebbe there wont be much to sell on saturday(of tickets that people get way in advance...ie cubs opening day, yankees, ect)
Gene