PDA

View Full Version : Why waste Colon and Buehrle...

spanishwhite
03-06-2003, 02:04 AM
on the Brewers? Come on!???! I can almost predict them sleepwalking and getting blasted by the unstoppable Clayton. I hope that I am mistaken and that Manuel will use Garland at worst or consider using West. It is the Brewers for Lords sake! We probably could put our minor league all star team up against them and win!. Solidly. Either way, it is nice to see us start a spring training solidly instead of getting blasted like usual.

doublem23
03-06-2003, 02:06 AM
We're still only a week into Spring Training... More important to get the rust out of the guys systems than it is to win games.

hsnterprize
03-06-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
on the Brewers? Come on!???! I can almost predict them sleepwalking and getting blasted by the unstoppable Clayton. I hope that I am mistaken and that Manuel will use Garland at worst or consider using West. It is the Brewers for Lords sake! We probably could put our minor league all star team up against them and win!. Solidly. Either way, it is nice to see us start a spring training solidly instead of getting blasted like usual.

What would you rather have? Would you rather have Colon and Buehrle "get rid of the rust" against teams like Milwaukee, or would you rather have them go into a game against a contender without getting their form and pitches ready?

Juan Pizarro
03-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Guys take their turn on a timetable. These games mean nothing.
About the only time you'd juggle pitching is if you didn't want an opponent to see a pitcher, the way they'd always keep Foulke and his change away from the AL teams.

kermittheefrog
03-06-2003, 12:00 PM
1) It doesn't matter if we win or lose and everyone on the Sox knows that.
2) Manuel likes to hide his best pitchers from teams we'll actually play real games against.