PDA

View Full Version : When Graffanino....


spanishwhite
03-06-2003, 02:57 AM
leads the team in RBI's, the team is definitely not rolling
on all offensive cylinders. However, I think Graff could hold his own in a full season.


Maggs and Koni are leading in hits and avg.

Borchard is leading in Hr.

Koni is leading in doubles.

Miles, Ordonez and Rios are leading in Runs.

Jimenez, Daubach, Rios, Ordonez, Konerko, Lee, Morgan, Alomar
and Rowand have .360 avgs or above. All in all, not too bad a
spring training (except for Hurt).

doublem23
03-06-2003, 03:12 AM
It's a week into Spring Training.

thecell
03-06-2003, 10:08 AM
the guy had 5 rbi yesterday and there are a hell of a lot of guys playin ball out there...if they were using their regular season line up, I'm sure graff wouldn't be leading the team in rbi.

moochpuppy
03-06-2003, 10:14 AM
No comprende?!?

I think you're putting way too much emphasis into spring training stats amigo.

LuvSox
03-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Crappanino wouldn't be a star on the north side of Chicago.

bc2k
03-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
leads the team in RBI's, the team is definitely not rolling
on all offensive cylinders. However, I think Graff could hold his own in a full season.


Maggs and Koni are leading in hits and avg.

Koni is leading in doubles.

Koni? Stop this nickname before it starts. We've already had one player with his own island, don't need a second.

ScottyTheSoxFan
03-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Koni? Stop this nickname before it starts. We've already had one player with his own island, don't need a second.

thank you bc2k!!!!!! koni - that is just bad.

RKMeibalane
03-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Koni? Stop this nickname before it starts. We've already had one player with his own island, don't need a second.

:hitless

"The 'Clayton Islands' are open for business. I'm hoping some of you will visit my island paradise this summer."

MarkEdward
03-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Crappanino wouldn't be a star on the north side of Chicago.

Huh? Graffanino is a fine baseball player. He can play every infield position, and gets on base well. He's a great utility infielder. In fact, he can probably even start for some teams (Tampa Bay, Detroit, Kansas City).

The only problem with Graffanino is that he's getting payed a bit too much to be bench player.

LuvSox
03-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Huh? Graffanino is a fine baseball player. He can play every infield position, and gets on base well. He's a great utility infielder. In fact, he can probably even start for some teams (Tampa Bay, Detroit, Kansas City).

The only problem with Graffanino is that he's getting payed a bit too much to be bench player. Sorry, can't agree with you. :) If he is so good, why isn't he challenging Jose for the SS job? That position is the Sox weakest spot. No, he is not good.

bc2k
03-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Sorry, can't agree with you. :) If he is so good, why isn't he challenging Jose for the SS job? That position is the Sox weakest spot. No, he is not good.

You must think Royce Claton is an all-star because he, according to your argument, is better than Jose Valentin.

LuvSox
03-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
You must think Royce Claton is an all-star because he, according to your argument, is better than Jose Valentin. There are no lines to read between here. Clayton is no where near all-star caliber. My point is this; Tony does not have a better glove or a better bat than Jose. Jose has his own problems, but Tony isn't good enough to even compete for a starting SS job.

Daver
03-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
There are no lines to read between here. Clayton is no where near all-star caliber. My point is this; Tony does not have a better glove or a better bat than Jose. Jose has his own problems, but Tony isn't good enough to even compete for a starting SS job.

That is why he is a utility infeilder,he can play all the infield positions,but he is best suited to be a second baseman.

MarkEdward
03-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Sorry, can't agree with you. :) If he is so good, why isn't he challenging Jose for the SS job? That position is the Sox weakest spot. No, he is not good.

Well, I did say that Graffanino was better suited for a utility infielder role on this team.

I would like to see a platoon with Tony G. and Jose. Valentin is absolutely dreadful against lefties, while Tony has posted an .800 OPS against left-handers.