PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Manuel-Manager of the Year again?

hsnterprize
08-15-2001, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone. This is my first post with this site, and I'm glad to be with some great Sox fans. Here's something to ponder...comsidering all the injuries and other setbacks the White Sox have suffered this year, the team is still in contention for a post-season berth. Should Jerry Manuel be considered for American League Manager of the Year again this year? Love to read your responses. :nocubs

mrwag
08-15-2001, 08:15 AM
Nope. Some poor decision on his part have cost us several games, possibly the difference between .500 and 1st place.

Paulwny
08-15-2001, 08:53 AM
Agree with mrwag. JM with his mind set of trying to give everyone playing time cost us too many games.

FarWestChicago
08-15-2001, 12:14 PM
Welcome to WSI!!

Jerry has done some good things, but some of his lineups have driven me to distraction. Plus, if Seattle wins 2,000 games this year after losing Pay-Rod, you gotta figure Lou will get some serious consideration.

:payrod

I miss Seattle!

Soxboyrob
08-15-2001, 12:36 PM
Lou ought to be a shoo-in.
Howe will get some consideration.
Jimmy Williams deserves consideration.
Tom Kelly will be considered if the Twins stay near the top.

Maybe he meant Jerry might be considered the "worst manager of the year?"

Fisk Fan
08-15-2001, 12:42 PM
I agree with soxboyrob. Lou Pinella should be a mega-lock for the Manager of the Year. Imagine losing the best SS in baseball and being even better the next year. Maybe it's something in the rain water?