PDA

View Full Version : Sox 9 Rangers 8

hose
03-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Sox win 9-8 in 11 innings.

gogosoxgogo
03-04-2003, 05:33 PM
We gots ourself a thread already (click on the smiley).

:) (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17651)

hose
03-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
We gots ourself a thread already (click on the smiley).

:) (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17651)

Can't ever get enough of a good thing :cool:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_gameday_recap.jsp?vkey=spt2003wrapup&ymd=20030304&content_id=210127&fext=.jsp

chisox06
03-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Well I wouldnt necessarily having Dan Wright imploding again considered a good thing, but hey its still an impressive comeback.

fuzzy_patters
03-05-2003, 12:30 AM
This game makes me feel much more optimistic about this season. First off, it lays to rest the theory that the Sox are getting into a bad habit of failing to capatilize on offensive opportunities. Secondly, this game reminds me of the spring of 2000. That spring the Sox didn't start real well, and the pitching wasn't very good all spring long. However, the Sox repeatedly made large comebacks of 5 runs or more. This led to a confident club that had confidence in those same situations during the season, and the Sox had many come from behind victories that year.

valposoxfan
03-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Is anybody else extremely worried about Danny.....I know it's early and only spring training, but 10 runs and 12 hits in 3 1/3 innings makes me a little sick....at least the offense and Borchard came to play............

fuzzy_patters
03-05-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Is anybody else extremely worried about Danny.....I know it's early and only spring training, but 10 runs and 12 hits in 3 1/3 innings makes me a little sick....at least the offense and Borchard came to play............

I wouldn't panic just yet. Many times in spring training a pitcher's arm won't quite be in shape yet so a pitching coach will tell him to throw all fastballs. Typically, these guys get killed in spring training. I don't know if this is what is happening to Danny, but it might explain a lot.

By the way, I went to VU for a year, but I transferred. I lived in Alumni hall.

valposoxfan
03-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Hopefully his arm will come through, cuz he's gonna be huge for this year for better or worse...and you lived in alumni? what floor? why'd you transfer? Is it the fact that there are hundreds of rules set up to prevent having fun there....

valposoxfan
03-05-2003, 01:18 AM
Does anyone think maybe Wright could be the no. 5 and someone like Rauch may be able to sneak into the no. 4 spot...just a thought...

hose
03-05-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
By the way, I went to VU for a year, but I transferred. I lived in Alumni hall.

My nephew had his choices of schools down to Nebraska, Northern Illinois and Valparaiso, he ended up selecting Valpo.

So Indiana does have another university besides Notre Dame. :D:

I don't know Valpo's name but it's on my favorites list along with my DePaul, Trinity International, Loyola, UIC, Northern Illinois and Western Illinois.

fuzzy_patters
03-05-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
Hopefully his arm will come through, cuz he's gonna be huge for this year for better or worse...and you lived in alumni? what floor? why'd you transfer? Is it the fact that there are hundreds of rules set up to prevent having fun there....

Actually, I had too much fun. I spent most of my time drunk there and didn't maintain a high enough gpa to keep my grants. This made the wonderful world of publicly funded Universities a much cheaper option.

As for Alumni, I lived on the fourth floor. It was the 96-97 school year.

CHISOXFAN13
03-05-2003, 11:21 AM
This was the sole reason I wanted Rogers. I don't trust Wright, and the depth would have helped solve a problem if one of the young pitchers fails.

I don't want to hear about the thin air either. It's colder than normal therem and none of the other pitchers on the roster are having issues

valposoxfan
03-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Valpo is pretty fun to tell the truth. A lot more parties and such goin on than I thought goin in. Yeah I live in Lankenau 5 N. The Mid-Con tourney starts Sunday. Tune in to the webcast on the Valpo website if you want. I'll be doing the pregame and postgame show for the Monday semi final provided we make it. We better we play Chicago St. in the first round. And yes we did need rodgers. I agree with you.