PDA

View Full Version : Garage Sale & Individual tickets March 8


hose
03-03-2003, 10:11 PM
March 8 th, 10am individual tickets go on sale.

White Sox Garage Sale is also from 10am - 3 pm in the bowels of US Cellular Field.

Good deals on game jerseys, bats, balls and just about anything else that has to do with White Sox baseball.

chisox06
03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Get my tickets for Saturday April 5 on March 8 cant wait!!

npdempse
03-03-2003, 10:55 PM
How much of a zoo is it usually? Long lines at the ticket windows, or not so bad?

Last year I was really unhappy with some the opening day tix I got over the phone, so I'd like to talk to a warm body at the cell, but not so much if it means standing in 30 degree weather for too long.

hose
03-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by npdempse
How much of a zoo is it usually? Long lines at the ticket windows, or not so bad?

Last year I was really unhappy with some the opening day tix I got over the phone, so I'd like to talk to a warm body at the cell, but not so much if it means standing in 30 degree weather for too long.


Expect lines will for the Garage Sale.

I am not sure about the ticket window lines. I've had the partial ticket plan for the last 3 years and didn't have to go that route.

HITMEN OF 77
03-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Do they offer anything from the garage sale online? I sure would like to have a 1968-1970 road uniform or jacket. I guess they sell those there..??..

hose
03-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Do they offer anything from the garage sale online? I sure would like to have a 1968-1970 road uniform or jacket. I guess they sell those there..??..


I am not sure about the on line sales.

The Garage Sale is last years broken bats, jerseys, ect.
All proceeds go to Sox Charities.

koch44
03-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
How much of a zoo is it usually? Long lines at the ticket windows, or not so bad?

Last year I was really unhappy with some the opening day tix I got over the phone, so I'd like to talk to a warm body at the cell, but not so much if it means standing in 30 degree weather for too long.

Don't go unless you get there really early in the morning because I got there an hour and a half early, and got my tickets two hours after they went on sale:angry::angry:, so stay home and order them off of ticketmaster.com.

83 White Sox
03-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Can someone who has been at past Garage Sales explain what it's like? What do they sell and are the prices really worth going for? Is it basically just the Sox merchandise that they sell in the stadium shops?

Daver
03-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by 83 White Sox
Can someone who has been at past Garage Sales explain what it's like? What do they sell and are the prices really worth going for? Is it basically just the Sox merchandise that they sell in the stadium shops?

They sell last years game worn uniforms,jackets,hats,etc.as well as broken and game used bats and balls,things of that variety.

Some good deals can be gotten there,a buddy of mine picked up a Carlos Castillo game worn jersey for 35 bucks or so a few years ago.

MarkEdward
03-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by daver

Some good deals can be gotten there,a buddy of mine picked up a Carlos Castillo game worn jersey for 35 bucks or so a few years ago.

Wow, that must've been one heckuva big jersey.

Daver
03-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Wow, that must've been one heckuva big jersey.

He uses it as a car cover for his VW Bug.

:redneck

34 Inch Stick
03-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Overall the prices are not that great. You still pay a good amount ($150-200) for a jersey from one of the good players. I think you still overpay for 25th man jerseys (about $65). I got one that didn't have a name on it for ($50). I think authentic jerseys in the store cost more than that so I considered it a good deal. Still there are very few steals.

Couple that with getting there at about 9:30 last year and still waiting in a long line just to get into the merchandise area and you may find disappointment. I still will probably go but I can't expect to get much.

Scotty347
03-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Good luck on those opening day tickets. I'm a Weekend split season ticket holder and I turned in my request for opening day tickets the day I got it in the mail. Someone called me from the ticket office on Friday last week and told me Upper Box was the best they can do. keep in mind this is before these tickets are on sale to the general public. I don't anticipate many tickets for opening day left when March 8 rolls around.

HITMEN OF 77
03-06-2003, 12:12 AM
So if the garage sale doesn't have the jersey I want ('68-'70 Road Jersey) where do I find one at? I have looked forever on eBay and nothing. Any thoughts?

ewokpelts
03-06-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey,

The sox dont have jerseys hat old in thier garage sales...but theext best thing can be had.......in 1999, the sox had a turn back the clock night when they went up to milwaukee.the soxwore thier 1969 uniforms, and the brewers wore thier 1969 seattle plots uniforms(the original team of the club before selig bought them)....i think thesox sill have FULL UNIFORMS of some of the no-name players...a soxfest they had them for about 200-250 a uniform.....
hope this helps,
Gene

HITMEN OF 77
03-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Very interesting! I never knew they wore those uniforms on turn back the clock day! If anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know, I would appreciate it!

Fisk Fan
03-07-2003, 12:04 PM
I think you can get a '69 jersey from Mitchell & Ness. They make all of the throw-back jerseys and jackets, but they are very pricey! I think they sell for $250.00 per jersey. You get what you pay for, though......

Wsoxmike59
03-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Hitmen77, the Sox road jersey from 69-70, or to be more exact, the entire uniform was for sale at the mini Garage Sale at the Hyatt this past Soxfest. There were two uniforms left for sale that the Sox wore during a turn back the clock vs the Brewers in '99.

I remember seeing them at the past few Garage Sales down at the park, but each year the number dwindles. But the price was around $250-300 for the whole ensemble.

I was very tempted to buy one, but that would've been a tough one to explain to the wife. :)

HITMEN OF 77
03-08-2003, 03:25 AM
I don't see any 68-70 jerseys for sale by Mitchell and Ness at this time at any online stores. If anyone out there has an original 68-70 ROAD jersey for sale or a replica I would be interested in purchasing $$$. Is there any way to get one of the two left over from Soxfest online or by phone?

TommyJohn
03-08-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I don't see any 68-70 jerseys for sale by Mitchell and Ness at this time at any online stores. If anyone out there has an original 68-70 ROAD jersey for sale or a replica I would be interested in purchasing $$$. Is there any way to get one of the two left over from Soxfest online or by phone?

I own a 1969 home jersey, which I special-ordered from a web-
site called hr-derby.com. (I don't know how to set up a link or
I would.) I ordered it to my specifications, including the 100th
anniversary patch on the sleeve and number 25 on the back.
(My number in 1969, for those Sox fans who remember me. :smile: ) You might be able to special-order a 1969 road
uniform the same way. I just checked the site and it is still up.
I paid $183 for it. The quality won't be the same as the actual
jersey, so I would inquire about a satisfaction guarantee.
Though I do believe the guy who runs the site sends his orders
to Mitchell and Ness to be made.

hose
03-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I own a 1969 home jersey, which I special-ordered from a web-
site called hr-derby.com. (I don't know how to set up a link or
I would.) I ordered it to my specifications, including the 100th
anniversary patch on the sleeve and number 25 on the back.
(My number in 1969, for those Sox fans who remember me. :smile: ) You might be able to special-order a 1969 road
uniform the same way. I just checked the site and it is still up.
I paid $183 for it. The quality won't be the same as the actual
jersey, so I would inquire about a satisfaction guarantee.
Though I do believe the guy who runs the site sends his orders
to Mitchell and Ness to be made.



www.hr-derby.com

HITMEN OF 77
03-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the link. I went there and they have a '68 road uniform for sale! Here is what the site says about the jersey.

"Colorful road gray classic shows one of the most unique features of major league baseball uniforms-a club's full name on the front. In the long and rich history of baseball uniforms, only three teams displayed its full name. Pro grade cotton/nylon; underarm gussets; sewn-on tackle twill lettering. Your choice of number and name."

It cost $150.00 which I think is a decent price. Going to order one now. If anyone has an original game used 68-70 road jersey for sale, I would still be interested in purchasing preferable Ward, Horlen, Berry, Peters, Hansen etc.