PDA

View Full Version : Throwaway login names

voodoochile
03-03-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey folks. Kermit had a great idea earlier in another thread. He gave away his user name for the LA Times (bselig, bselig).

This got me thinking. Anyone else got any usernames and passwords for regular newspaper sites that they don't mind sharing?

Perhaps we can compile a list and then people can use them. article related sites only please...

moochpuppy
03-03-2003, 01:17 PM
I used to have a few different ones on the troll board (who didn't) they were:

Unsporstman_like
BearChubby

Ever since the troll board went to that ridiculus e-mail thing I haven't used them and to be honest I don't remember the password. Doh!.

voodoochile
03-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
I used to have a few different ones on the troll board (who didn't) they were:

Unsporstman_like
BearChubby

Ever since the troll board went to that ridiculus e-mail thing I haven't used them and to be honest I don't remember the password. Doh!.

No no no! Usernames and passwords for newspaper type sites - like the Cubune and the LA Times. Not user names for posting on other boards...

Thanks though, Mooch for making me realize I was unclear...

:D:

You were unsportsmanlike? hmmmmmm...

moochpuppy
03-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No no no! Usernames and passwords for newspaper type sites - like the Cubune and the LA Times. Not user names for posting on other boards...

Thanks though, Mooch for making me realize I was unclear...

:D:

You were unsportsmanlike? hmmmmmm...

Yeah, I just read the other post where you first stated this.

Unsportsman_like was my troll killer persona. LOL! :D:

Cheryl
03-03-2003, 03:22 PM
For the Tribune and the LA Times:

redemma, password cpowell

For those of you who don't want to clutter up your real email inbox with spam from places that make you register, the other suggestion is to sign up for a free email addy at Hotmail or Yahoo and use that one when registering. That's what I do.

kermittheefrog
03-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Personally I have a throwaway email address for sites that require logins. Most newspapers you can get in with username/password bselig/bselig. It's been setup by regular readers of Baseball Primer's Clutch Hits which gives links to good baseball news stories of the day. If it requires an email address it will be email bselig@baseballprimer.com and pw bselig.

Daver
03-03-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Personally I have a throwaway email address for sites that require logins. Most newspapers you can get in with username/password bselig/bselig. It's been setup by regular readers of Baseball Primer's Clutch Hits which gives links to good baseball news stories of the day. If it requires an email address it will be email bselig@baseballprimer.com and pw bselig.

Thanx for sharing that info with us Kermit. :redneck

WinningUgly!
03-30-2003, 10:23 PM
New York Times...
Member ID - winningugly
Password - sox03

TheBigHurt
03-30-2003, 10:26 PM
for the Chicago Tribune:

id-dolphinsrule1313
pass-123456